Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:22 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
674 Posts
i hear how one can download settings from the pros and then load them into your radio. this makes me interestesd in getting into Heli's with out having to learn how program them. ?
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
GP - once you register your DX7s or DX8, you can download model configurations from the Community site (the same site where you registered, https://community.spektrumrc.com ). There are many configurations there, and they're constantly adding more.

These aren't "the final" configurations; they are the configurations that some of the pros have in their models. Some of them are the configurations that come directly from the airplane manual. They're really a starting point to save you a little time setting up your own models. I recommend that you learn to program your radio - it will make the hobby much more enjoyable to you if you can create your own updates.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Dec 2004
24 Posts
Hi Guys

Message to Andy (or anyone )

Just read through all 38 pages here! I got my brand-new DX7S last week and am thrilled with it. BUT, I did the Mode 1 conversion (which was way harder than I expected and the desription in the manual isn't great) and now can't get the throttle channel to work (now on RHS)

I'm confident I did everything right and that no cables are unplugged. I did the Calibration check on switch on as described and got solid 'OKs'.

Tried to bind my Parkzone Sukhoi and a shockie but no throttle response. I've tried putting the trim down to minimum first.

I'm a bit reluctant to pull it all to bits again as I reckon it was marginal on not getting cosmetic damage the first time.

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers

Ayrton S

[Edit - I'm gonna try reversing the throttle channel and re-binding]
AyrtonS is offline Find More Posts by AyrtonS
Last edited by AyrtonS; Feb 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Light bulb came on... possibly...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Did you go to the System Setup screen and change the Mode to 1?

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Dec 2004
24 Posts
Hi Andy, many thanks for your interest.

- I'll check. I'm pretty sure I did this first, as per manual.

If it's not that, do you think the throttle reverse idea might work?

ATB

Ayrton S
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
You want to look at the Monitor screen to see what's going on .

The Throttle should be almost all the way to the left when the throttle is low, and move to the right when you advance throttle.

You could also get help by calling the Product Support people. They're on the phones today. They can walk you thru it.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Dec 2004
24 Posts
Hi Andy

Thanks for your advice. I'm in the UK but we have a contact number here I can try on Monday.

I've checked the Mode, I had changed it to Mode 1 before opoening it up.

However, the Monitor screen shows Throttle stuck on -129% (= -100% + trim all the way down, I imagine) - waggling doesn't move it.

As I said above, the Calibration screen showed all OKs, and I get a loud alarm if I leave the throttle up on switch on - do you have any further ideas?

Regards

Ayrton
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:24 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Did you program the Throttle Cut function?

Try again with a default model, see if that works properly.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Dec 2004
24 Posts
i.e go to an unassigned model number?

I don't think I touched Throttle Cut but anything's worth trying!

You are earning your paycheck today, Andy! Thanks!

Ayrton
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Yes, an unassigned model number.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
GP - once you register your DX7s or DX8, you can download model configurations from the Community site (the same site where you registered, https://community.spektrumrc.com ). There are many configurations there, and they're constantly adding more.

These aren't "the final" configurations; they are the configurations that some of the pros have in their models. Some of them are the configurations that come directly from the airplane manual. They're really a starting point to save you a little time setting up your own models. I recommend that you learn to program your radio - it will make the hobby much more enjoyable to you if you can create your own updates.

Andy
thanks Andy. i definatly want to learn how to program my Heli;s but i thought this would be a great starting point since ive only worked wih planes over the years. i got the new RF 6 and for the first time in 25 years i think im getting hooked on Heli's.. thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:56 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
A couple years ago that was starting to happen to me, but I kept buying more parts every week so I had myself inoculated against that disease Now I'm back to flying airplanes that actually use their wings and aren't simply repelled by the Earth.

Seriously, though, what helis are you flying? Helis are real popular with our dev team here.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:37 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
674 Posts
Quote:
A couple years ago that was starting to happen to me, but I kept buying more parts every week so I had myself inoculated against that disease Now I'm back to flying airplanes that actually use their wings and aren't simply repelled by the Earth.

Seriously, though, what helis are you flying? Helis are real popular with our dev team here.

Andy
i dont have any yet i'd have to sell a few planes and make room, but i really like the looks and videos i see of the Blade 450 . plus i have gobs of batteries for this bird already.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Dec 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Did you program the Throttle Cut function?

Try again with a default model, see if that works properly.

Andy

GENIUS! It was the Throttle cut! How the hell had I managed to program that in without knowing it??

Many Thx Andy - I can fly my new plane with my new Tx on Monday night now - hurrah!

Regads

Ayrton
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:49 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Always glad to help!

Andy
Site Sponsor