HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:49 AM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Help!
Binding Issues Super Cub DSM

I bought a new receiver/esc for my Hobbyzone Super Cub DSM and I followed the binding instructions but once its bound and the light on the receiver is solid red (this means its ready). None of the controls work and they are all plugged in the right way. What might be the issue here? Any idea helps!
PatrickRC is offline Find More Posts by PatrickRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:16 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,209 Posts
Are you sure they are all plugged in the right way? Is the RX you installed compatible with your transmitter?
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:52 AM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
Did you remember to take out the bind plug, unplug the battery, turn off the radio, turn the radio back on then plug in the battery?

Did the LED's on your transmitter flash indicating it was in bind mode (assuming you had a DX4e)?

Did the receiver's LED blink very rapidly during the bind process then slow?

Was the radio at least a couple feet away from the receiver (having it too close can sometimes cause problems)?

Was the lipo battery fully charged up and are the radio's batteries not dead?

Short of that I'd go back and carefully read through the instructions again to make sure you're not missing something.
Rayne is offline Find More Posts by Rayne
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Dec 2010
114 Posts
I just had the same problem with my new Cub this morning. I either only get a blinking red light (not bound), or if I get a solid red light, the servos don't react well. I went through the process step-by-step many times. I tried binding it to my dx6i, and it worked perfectly the first time. Any thoughts on what it could be?
marklind is offline Find More Posts by marklind
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
All of the batteries are either new or fully charged and it is the stock receiver with the stock transmitter a dx4e.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
The binding process that was stated is exactly what i did and nothing happened.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
Well then if the transmitter wasn't too close to receiver when you bound it then I'd say give horizon a call.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Dec 2010
114 Posts
-Rayne- I was having a simialr problem (see post above). I just tried binding with the transmitter farther away (6 feet), and it bound with no problems. Give it a try.
marklind is offline Find More Posts by marklind
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklind View Post
-Rayne- I was having a simialr problem (see post above). I just tried binding with the transmitter farther away (6 feet), and it bound with no problems. Give it a try.
Great to hear it, it's unfortunate that they don't always mention this in the instructions. This problem pops up a bit from time to time.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Thanks for the info I will try that. Marklind was your light solid red and not flashing when you were having troubles. Did any of your servos work or throttle?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Once I bound it from about 6ft away I heard the servos move. But now my elevator servos is making a noise like it is struggling to move. The servo is doing this only with the transmitter on. Either of the servos or throttle still dont respond to any transmitter action.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:42 PM
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
What happened to the last brick (receiver/esc/servo) you had for your super cub?

Have you flown with the DX4e before and how did that go?

Did you install the new brick inside your plane yet or are you testing it outside first?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
I have had the plane since christmas and I have flown with the dx4e the whole time. I try and fly every weekend. The old receiver/esc that came with the plane got wet when i was flying it over the lake at my cabin with floats.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:53 PM
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
Your motor and servos may have been damaged as well by the water. Did you let everything dry out for a few days before trying them? Unplug everything from the receiver/esc then go through the bind procedure just with that. Then connect each component one at a time and test to see what works and what doesn't.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
I bound it again without anything connected to them. When i plugged the servos in nothing happened. But when either one is plugged into the elevator port in the receiver no matter which servo it is it still makes a struggling sound. The motor doesnt work connected to the receiver but i connected it straight to the battery for a split second and it spun right up. I am very appreciative of your help so far too.