HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:34 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Problem solved with PalmTX and no memory card used

Thanks to user OSBORNO who installed the PalmTX program on a TREO180
and discovered an error when using NO memory card.

The ModelMemory screen did not display files that had been saved. So they could not be reloaded again.

This problem has been solved with version 2.80 of PalmTX

But be aware, that the file system does not differentiate between uper and lower case letters used for the name of the config file. They are just treated as the same.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Last edited by ReSt; Feb 24, 2013 at 05:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:14 AM
Joined Jul 2009
4 Posts
Full channel throw with switch

Not sure if this is the correct thread.

I have found a way in programming to have full throw for under carriage or camera using a switch mix.
I needed full throw without too much delay to turn on my camera on the Twister helicam helicopter. I managed to blow the Planet transmitter changing modes, and rather than buy a new transmitter I used my existing Turrborix CT6 B. Which is the same as a hk ct6 a V2.

Set the Model type to Heli 90
Set Pitch normal curve to 0 for all points
Set Pitch Idle Curve to 100 for all points
Set switch B to Normal/idle

This then gives channel 6 full throw in both directions with switch B.

Hope this helps somebody.
Lance
lancealot is offline Find More Posts by lancealot
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:30 PM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2011
118 Posts
Hi,

I just get a turnigy 9xr and a frsky module too but I have many receiver for my old ct6b radio and I want to keep using them for small aircraft that dont require range or 6 channel +.

So I open my ct6b to salvage the hf 030 module and I also salvage a dsm2 module from a toy controller for the UMX plane.

I plan on switching the power wire only if possible but im not sure about the ppm signal I hear you need to put a diode for the hr 030 and I also saw someone talking about a voltage divider circuit on ther ct6b ppm output to the module.

If I want to hook the hf 030 to the 9xr what exactly I need to put in line with the ppm if the ppm is connected to the ext bay ( frsky djt) the DMS2 (LP4dsm) and the hf 030 and I only switch the power via a switch to all those module? Someone can draw me a quick shematic please?
Galessin is offline Find More Posts by Galessin
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, may I ask the circuit diagram of the power supply board of the high-frequency head Who? (With the button PCB) because I only emission part, the lack of a button on the code, so I wanted to do one, hope you can give me to help.Thank you!
OSBORNO is offline Find More Posts by OSBORNO
Old Apr 01, 2013, 07:30 AM
Joined Aug 2009
21 Posts
Go back to post 226 to 229. This was all discussed about 4 years ago. Hope this helps. Still a lot of good info in here! Good luck.
KCLC is offline Find More Posts by KCLC
Old Jun 01, 2013, 01:12 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2013
123 Posts
Just came across this thread. Couldn't read through all 345 pages but wanted to know if anyone has tried rewriting firmware for FS CT6B Tx like the 9x clones. I have tried it with some success wanted to share the results but wondering if anyone would be interested.
elewon is offline Find More Posts by elewon
Old Jun 01, 2013, 02:23 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
There is already a thread on that very subject:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1236843
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Jun 01, 2013, 06:44 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
HappyMan's software for the T6 is to replace the T6Config program. It is not new firmware for the radio in the same manner as the 9x er9x open source software.

I do not know of any projects to try to reflash the CPU in the T6. With the 9x not that much more expensive, and much more flexible with channels and RF module choices, I doubt that it's worth anyone's time to attempt.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Jun 01, 2013, 08:11 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,811 Posts
Plus with the Orange TX out now for just a few dollars more, it'd probably be more of a "labor of love".
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Jun 03, 2013, 02:20 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
As far as I know, the CPU is a one time progammable chip type, so no chance to reprogram it

Reinhard.
Old Jun 04, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Feb 2013
123 Posts
Thanks all for responding.
Reinhard, the CPU contains Flash (programmable) ROM so it can be programmed thousands of times. I have included the microcontroller datasheet in attached zip file. Sorry, had to compress it due to 3MB file limit.
Programming firmware in the CPU is really simple. Just use the utility included in the zip file along with USB cable that comes with the radio.
Warning: Utility will erase the flash ROM before programming it! So be careful unless you don't mind losing the factory firmware
Old Jun 04, 2013, 08:17 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
That's interesting news.
I know there was a great searching for any information about this cpu; and nothing to be found some years ago.

Maybe we now can improve our old CT6Asystems

Do you know if there is any replacement software or backup of the original available?

Reinhard
Old Jun 04, 2013, 08:26 PM
Joined Feb 2013
123 Posts
Yes, I saw people trying to decode chinese version of the manual and that's why I posted the English version.
I did search for backup firmware but could not find.
Finally, I just gave up the search, sacrificed my CT6B and wrote the firmware from scratch. Although now, I do think it'd nice to have the backup available. May be we could check with FlySky on whether they will provide the firmware, but don't know how.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Story before A few days

I built my first copter- which tricopter config. motors and ESC from http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26587. (actually i received one faulty ESC in the kit and i thought i should not waste time and I must try something like tricopter). FC board KKmulticontroller V5.5 Controller Board V2.2 from http://www.goodluckbuy.com/kkmultico...adcopter-.html, ZIPPY Compact 1000mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21389. the frame is custome made MDF lessercut frame with Y config-60 degree between any two arms.Fly sky 6ch. tx-rx. front two arms length is 230mm, tail is 250mm. AUP 480gms. .

Later, I had its maidan flight without any change in settings on FC board pot, not much problem- just yaw was toooooooooo much and then it was crash from about 12-15ft hight. (No major damage) (trim on rest chenels were helpful for temporary- as throttle changes, again needs to trim rest of the chenels)

I need advise how to set the all the gyro gain at this point. unfortunately, i don't have any expert nearby for this advise.

===============================
ANOTHER DAY

Meanwhile, I took a Risk(yet not solved/ pinpoint any thing for the unwanted Yaw movement + slight drifting), I agin move the Tri to more height thinking that I will have more marginal height to set trims on Tx. Unfortunately about 25ft ht, it stuck in a little wind and i lost control, and it crashed badly, frame and props were not usable.

----

I was having another set of ESC+motor+ quad frame(again custom lesser cut MDF). I just needed to move the FC board+Rx on the frame. I did it the same day.

on testing (w/o props) I found that motor #4 was starting very late ~ over 70% throttle and stops just about 50% thortle. I swaped motor+ESC set if there was fuaulty motor/esc, but no fault of motor+esc. I put this query on some RCG threads as i was believing its some FC boards issue. I learnt there that it is called Lazy motor or lazy motor #4 issue and it needs stick centering. upgraded to that suggested new fw and tried to do as suggested there. till now no improvement.

Is there any method /solution that can i found here?

PS: this set of TxRx works nice if install on an airplane- but I think it is the FC board which reads very late throttle input. Even @100% throtte doesn't seems the motors running with full powers(looks like it).
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:20 PM
Italia, Piemonte, Strambino
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpiyush View Post
Story before A few days

I built my first copter- which tricopter config. motors and ESC from http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26587. (actually i received one faulty ESC in the kit and i thought i should not waste time and I must try something like tricopter). FC board KKmulticontroller V5.5 Controller Board V2.2 from http://www.goodluckbuy.com/kkmultico...adcopter-.html, ZIPPY Compact 1000mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21389. the frame is custome made MDF lessercut frame with Y config-60 degree between any two arms.Fly sky 6ch. tx-rx. front two arms length is 230mm, tail is 250mm. AUP 480gms. .

Later, I had its maidan flight without any change in settings on FC board pot, not much problem- just yaw was toooooooooo much and then it was crash from about 12-15ft hight. (No major damage) (trim on rest chenels were helpful for temporary- as throttle changes, again needs to trim rest of the chenels)

I need advise how to set the all the gyro gain at this point. unfortunately, i don't have any expert nearby for this advise.

===============================
ANOTHER DAY

Meanwhile, I took a Risk(yet not solved/ pinpoint any thing for the unwanted Yaw movement + slight drifting), I agin move the Tri to more height thinking that I will have more marginal height to set trims on Tx. Unfortunately about 25ft ht, it stuck in a little wind and i lost control, and it crashed badly, frame and props were not usable.

----

I was having another set of ESC+motor+ quad frame(again custom lesser cut MDF). I just needed to move the FC board+Rx on the frame. I did it the same day.

on testing (w/o props) I found that motor #4 was starting very late ~ over 70% throttle and stops just about 50% thortle. I swaped motor+ESC set if there was fuaulty motor/esc, but no fault of motor+esc. I put this query on some RCG threads as i was believing its some FC boards issue. I learnt there that it is called Lazy motor or lazy motor #4 issue and it needs stick centering. upgraded to that suggested new fw and tried to do as suggested there. till now no improvement.

Is there any method /solution that can i found here?

PS: this set of TxRx works nice if install on an airplane- but I think it is the FC board which reads very late throttle input. Even @100% throtte doesn't seems the motors running with full powers(looks like it).
I'm afraid your issue is radio-independent.
Only thing that you can do on tx-rx system is a calibration to assure symmetric range of all Tx axis.

Willy.
willy163 is offline Find More Posts by willy163