HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby1 View Post
The "Stabilizer Responsiveness" is a general adjustment for all controls, I'd be adjusting the throttle expo in your radio until you get it to feel "right". Most radios these days can handle this fairly well.

Cheers,
Smithy.
Where in the radio can you adjust throttle expo?? No such animal in my radio!! AIL, ELE & RUDD-That's it! Expo on Throttle? Really? JR X9303 Throttle curve options but, never heard of EXPO on throttle in all my years of RC.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebinns View Post
Ok - problem solved. and I can't believe no one has noticed before me!!!
The artificial horizon on the PC software is working in the wrong direction in ROLL!
I just checked this on mine, and it is reversed also!! (fixed wing)
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Where in the radio can you adjust throttle expo?? No such animal in my radio!! AIL, ELE & RUDD-That's it! Expo on Throttle? Really? JR X9303 Throttle curve options but, never heard of EXPO on throttle in all my years of RC.
you can set a throttle curve, and/or change the end points.

if your whole range of throttle is touchy, you may have too much power, in which case you can dial it back by setting your end point at 80-85%, which will spread out the stick movement from bottom to top to cover that 80-85 % instead of the 0-100% range. Also a throttle curve that is not linear can help. What is normally thought of as touchy is around the hover position. See where on the throttle yours hovers, say it is 50%. Then make a curve that is steeper from 0-40 then flattens out between 40-60 then steeper from 60-100. This gives you sorta the same thing as expo around the center (hover position) of your throttle. This is not a perfect science, as this position can move around a tad with the power left in the back, and if your weight changes, but generally will be close and most likely have the desired effect.
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Today, 12:30 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy View Post
you can set a throttle curve, and/or change the end points.

if your whole range of throttle is touchy, you may have too much power, in which case you can dial it back by setting your end point at 80-85%, which will spread out the stick movement from bottom to top to cover that 80-85 % instead of the 0-100% range. Also a throttle curve that is not linear can help. What is normally thought of as touchy is around the hover position. See where on the throttle yours hovers, say it is 50%. Then make a curve that is steeper from 0-40 then flattens out between 40-60 then steeper from 60-100. This gives you sorta the same thing as expo around the center (hover position) of your throttle. This is not a perfect science, as this position can move around a tad with the power left in the back, and if your weight changes, but generally will be close and most likely have the desired effect.
Thanx, again I never heard of EXPO applied to the throttle. I have made up lots of curves while flying helicopters but never heard of EXPO on a throttle..Back to our regular scheduled program. Cheers!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Today, 12:39 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,247 Posts
I';m having a lot of trouble trying to set up the failsafe settings

I'm using DX8 with rangelink.

I've set up the rangelink FS settings however the vector software keeps saying not configured.

Can't figure out why.

I want vector to force the RTH function in a RX/TX fail safe situation.

aux 1 being my mode switch

aux 1 for submode RTH on lowest setting.

I set up rangelink failsafe as follows

aux 2 switch (submode) at lowest setting and throttle at lowest setting.

what am I doing wrong?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Today, 03:08 AM
Multirotors blow
Peterborough, England
Joined Dec 2006
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy View Post
I just checked this on mine, and it is reversed also!! (fixed wing)
Thanks yzguy for confirming that the PC software artificial horizon is actually working the wrong way in roll - I was starting to think I was going nuts Must admit it had me stumped for a couple of days - very frustrating.
Still can't believe more people haven't noticed this but it shouldn't surprise me really as I'm always seeing people down at my local flying site crashing models on take off that have the ailerons or elevator reversed!

I've informed ET about this error in the PC software. I'm sure they will fix it in a future update.

George.
georgebinns is offline Find More Posts by georgebinns
Last edited by georgebinns; Today at 05:24 AM.
Old Today, 05:03 AM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Feb 2013
45 Posts
I'll do some additional testing and if I don't figure it out I'll order a new current sensor just to check if my first one is degraded/faulty in any way.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby1 View Post
Hmmm....maybe the voltage regulator in the current sensor assembly is struggling with the extra voltage and causing some noise. Mine works fine on 4s and 3s, no interference at all visible on the screen.
Lareng is offline Find More Posts by Lareng
Old Today, 05:12 AM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Feb 2013
45 Posts
The Vtx is about 28" out on the right wing. Since I have been doing all tests in the airplane so far I'll take the vector out and do some on the table tests. I have a 0.5w Vtx I can test with.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
How far is your VTX from the Vector? A 1W transmitter screaming into it can definitely cause issues. Those transmitters have higher output with higher source voltage. I'll bet simply moving the VTX further from the vector/video camera etc. would also have fixed your problem. You can also try adding ferrite beads on your video wiring.

Your video would be way more helpful if you included a picture of your aircraft and wiring layout.
Lareng is offline Find More Posts by Lareng
Old Today, 06:49 AM
Joined Jul 2007
99 Posts
This may have been addressed before and I try to keep up with this thread but may have missed a few post . Is there somewhere that list the basic gains and advanced PIDs with a explanation of what they do ? It would be nice to see a list in layman's terms of what they do and when you might want to change them .
darkside41 is offline Find More Posts by darkside41
Old Today, 08:57 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
I haven't looked at mine. I just thought I saw Expo for the throttle channel when adjusting other expo. I could be wrong. Maybe it's not there. My throttle is very twitchy in the middle. I'll play around with it.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Today, 09:28 AM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2013
1,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lareng View Post
The Vtx is about 28" out on the right wing. Since I have been doing all tests in the airplane so far I'll take the vector out and do some on the table tests. I have a 0.5w Vtx I can test with.

Thanks.
Wow, that should be plenty of separation. I'd try adding ferrite beads on the video cable going out there.
Noircogi is online now Find More Posts by Noircogi
Old Today, 12:16 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,247 Posts
Anyone help as per below?

Do I need to set fail safe on range link first then in vector?

Or does vector do everything ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I';m having a lot of trouble trying to set up the failsafe settings

I'm using DX8 with rangelink.

I've set up the rangelink FS settings however the vector software keeps saying not configured.

Can't figure out why.

I want vector to force the RTH function in a RX/TX fail safe situation.

aux 1 being my mode switch

aux 1 for submode RTH on lowest setting.

I set up rangelink failsafe as follows

aux 2 switch (submode) at lowest setting and throttle at lowest setting.

what am I doing wrong?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Today, 12:48 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
712 Posts
Hi any one no how I adjust the time and date on the vector please,thank you Marty
NEAGRON is online now Find More Posts by NEAGRON