HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Question
stuff we like V2 motor kits

anyone here have any info re "stuffwelike" V2 motor kits............picked a couple up and are 9N12P ABC type wind. they have a black bell/purple back plate, should be a fun project and look to have quality parts/bearings/wire etc....only thing I see is the shaft doesnt have a C-clip
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 06:06 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,699 Posts
Maybe you can PM or email the guy that started this thread back in 2004, it looks like he is still active on the forum but the stuffwelike web site seems to be gone.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303456

The links in that thread are all dead now.

But looking at the images it looks like that kit was intended to be used on a reduction gear setup with the magnet housing facing away from the direction of flight. In a case like that, the pulling forces from the prop are not a factor as they are on the output shaft and not the motor shaft.

It is sort of like in a pusher setup, the prop pushes the magnet housing onto the motor so the clip is not needed.

But you could add a circlip groove to the shaft or use a shaft that has one. What size is the shaft? I don't see that mentioned in the thread there.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old May 13, 2012, 07:39 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
apex was right on the money ! I think its a 3mil shaft not a problem
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide