HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:14 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I wouldn't give up on it... I've been flying mine now for over 3 weeks, and have yet to have any issues. Been using the Aeroxcraft gimbal on mine. Besides a bit of Jello, the things seems to be working great.

You should send in your log files to YS and see if they can help you sort out the issue.
yep, send the YS log file to the dealer. Been flying mine for over a month now in three different configurations and all is well.

I think that happened because of power related issue or the escs need the "one stroke calibration" (sic) thingy.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:19 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,056 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issue RT..was that taking off in manual mode?

So multirotortech and V,
The next time you contact ZeroUAV, please run this by them and ask their opinion.

I'm running Octo.

while in Auto hovering mode:

The odd number motors seem to be working harder than the even number motors.
M1, 3, 5 and 7 come down hotter than 2,4,6,8

add to this the following observation.

If I'm sitting on the ground, with power applied to the motors, after a minute or so, if I do not accelerate to takeoff power, the even number motors shut down, but the odd numbered motors keep spinning at the same speed. If I move the throttle up a bit more, the even number motors have to quickly spin up again..if I don't go any further, they spin down again.

I can go 20 to 30% throttle and all motors spin up, but if I don't advance the throttle to take off power, I can watch the even number motors slowly spin down all the way to off.

This cannot be a "feature" of the system knowing the altitude has not changed and powers itself down, but only the even number motors turn off.

Please just mention it exactly how I typed it up and let us know what they say about it.

OTHER than the odd number motors coming down hot and the even # coming down cool, I don't see any issues in flight, but only sitting on the ground..It just appears to me that the FC is doing something that it shouldnt while past 10% throttle.

One last observation. It doesn't do this each and every single time, but I can duplicate it often enough to take video of the issue.

Perhaps there just needs to be some code optimization for Octo X

Let me know if you need video of the situation.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 17, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
I had that, see prev post
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,056 Posts
Nic,

yes..it just doesn't seem right that a motor or multiple motors would turn off, but others would run.

I could see this possibly causing flips if the flyer was idling on the ground, and then moved the throttle to take off power, while one or more motors were having to catch up to the other spinning motors.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:39 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
yep, send the YS log file to the dealer. Been flying mine for over a month now in three different configurations and all is well.

I think that happened because of power related issue or the escs need the "one stroke calibration" (sic) thingy.
Haven't had this problem before, only thing different is it has sat on the bench for a week or so without being powered up. I'd like to be able to send the log file but I didn't have the router setup and my phone connected, didn't see the need to just do a short test flight to see how the gimbal stabilization worked.

If having the wifi connection is a requirement everytime this thing flys, it's definitely getting replaced with the WKM. I have to lug enough stuff around as it is, if I can't fly it normally with just the TX it's no good to me.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:47 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
If having the wifi connection is a requirement everytime this thing flys, it's definitely getting replaced with the WKM. I have to lug enough stuff around as it is, if I can't fly it normally with just the TX it's no good to me.
I flew pretty frequently without GCS and it worked as well as with GCS. I'm just saying it's probably worth it to have a logging system available each time we fly a new frame. I know that I would use the GCS to fine tune my copter, which is pretty handy to adjust the settings on the fly, but after I've satisfied with the performance I just use the tx to fly.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:59 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,056 Posts
all my esc's were calibrated and I also recently performed the FC calibration.

It just seems odd that all the motors will spin up at the same time, but unless I advance to take off speed, the evens turn off, odds stay at speed.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
I'm having this also, motors just stop if I dont go beyond 30%. This is od, and when they're off they dont start again. Its very odd. I see this only on manual mode.

Anyway, can someone answer my YAW question I posted above?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
all my esc's were calibrated and I also recently performed the FC calibration.

It just seems odd that all the motors will spin up at the same time, but unless I advance to take off speed, the evens turn off, odds stay at speed.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
I'm having this also, motors just stop if I dont go beyond 30%. This is od, and when they're off they dont start again. Its very odd. I see this only on manual mode.

Anyway, can someone answer my YAW question I posted above?

Thanks
Double check to make sure you did not accidentaly bump your rudder trim.
If trim is all good you might need to play with the gain settings in the "parameters"
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Pc gcs

Is there a way to save the last google map location on the PC GCS like the android app?
It seems to me that the PC GCS always need an internet connection to display
the map because it does not save the last map location.
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:12 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
YAW question. When I take off in mode 2 (channel 5 position 2) I get a lot of yaw movement to the left (nose to the right, tail to the left) I already recalibrated my ESCs. I get some yaw movement when flying, always for the same direction.

Can someone tell me what I should look at to solve this?

Thanks
The first thing I always check when having yaw drift issues is the motors. Check that they are perfectly level to one another. I got this problem with both ADX4 and CX frame but solve it by adjusting the motor mounts, if not try to reassemble the arms and redo mounting the motors.

If that doesnt help perhaps reset the gyro through the GS app.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:36 AM
Valencia-Spain
Joined May 2009
56 Posts
Hello:

The follow me funccion with my hexacopter

Follow Me test with my hexacopter Zero Tech YS-X6 (4 min 58 sec)
jeanclaude is offline Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:11 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Hi,

How do i set up flight and gps mode switches to futaba tx? I have trying to adjust endpoints and clicking in channel alignment state but it shows only manual/manual/autohovering and autohovering/autonavigation/autonavigation. Or is this what it should be in pc cgs? Should it show rth and manual 2 modes somehow?

Edit: Ok solved, it just is like that.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Last edited by KariY; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Finally starting to get this controller really dialled in. Flying around in GPS mode is silky smooth. Still having some drift issues with the hexacopter when in mode 1 or 2. After flying it around a bit, it tends to lean to one direction and I need to overcompensate with the sticks in the other direction to really get it to settle down. Also, for some reason today I couldn't get it to fly the waypoints. Never had the problem before, but for some reason it just refused to head off on it's way!

Check out my latest video. Skip ahead to 5:00 for a great view of the neighborhood:
YS-X6 starting to get silky smooth on a DJI F550 (8 min 0 sec)
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,056 Posts
One minor issue...maybe I missed a step.
I can't get the gcs android app to change max speed.
It used to do it, but now I can't get it to go past 3.6m/s

I change the value, hit send, and its right back to 3.6m/s
I hit get, and it is the same 3.6m/s

Does the copter have to be powered off? I didn't think so
I even tried to make the change when the FC was in "settings state"

So what did I forget/or am I missing?