Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:23 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderB View Post
Interesting. So you are the one that has had the one and only Jeti TX (if it does exist) to test the software.

Sorry but no one in public saw the Jeti software nor had the chance of doing the programming. Until opinions like this (this is merly an opinion rather than a fact ) come up we have to see the final Jeti TX with its software. This will hopefully be the case in fall.

Just my 2ct.

Cheers
Alexander
Well really nobody had a chance to see the programming and the structure of the Jeti software. This is a fact !

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:01 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
I guess that there will be possibility to setup 4-servo wing without troubles, in spite that "most advantegeous tx" had troubles with such task..
e.g. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1260111
- that is not exactly the same as I imagine when "unlimited programming" is said.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:05 AM
slope addict
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
I'm not sure if Juergen just has issues with Jeti or with all products that are not Hitec A9?
I would not take Skyrocks statements so serious. He's after everything that's not A9 or Hitec. He has absolutely nothing to offer to this, and many other, discussions and should just be ignored.

The fact that he is on the ignorelist of quite some users on this forum says it all IMO.

Happy flying folks
torgust is offline Find More Posts by torgust
Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:14 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torgust View Post
He has absolutely nothing to offer to this, and many other, discussions and should just be ignored.
I agree he has nothing to offer here but it's kinda fun reading some of what he says. BTW, do we know why he's so loyal to the Hitec A9? Does he work for them? Perhaps he wrote the wonderful software or implemented the touch screen that you need to "press firmly and wobble your finger about or use a stylus".

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:16 AM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,132 Posts
I have to ask this:

What's up with those big pizza box, tray transmitters? I know they are popular outside the USA, but why?!?!?!?
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:48 AM
Joined Jan 2007
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guz View Post
I have to ask this:

What's up with those big pizza box, tray transmitters? I know they are popular outside the USA, but why?!?!?!?
Together with a good harness (multiplex at least used to have one) they offer superior stability and frees up the hands/fingers from stabilising the transmitter (aka central neckstrap or handheld "hedgehog" style transmitters) to actually control the thing (IMHO). The pizza box format or "pultsender" has been popular with most competition level pilots in europe for years.
slowswede is offline Find More Posts by slowswede
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:25 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,064 Posts
Quote:
I have to ask this:

Like slowswede said, it's all about stability and control. In my avatar I'm using the Multiplex harness to secure my p4000 transmitter (see below). Although in my avatar picture I have one hand on the transmitter I could take both hands off and the tx does not move. Great for high-powered electrics knowing that the tx can't flail around and knock the motor on by accident. Also great for slope soaring when you need to walk to the landing area, sometimes over/through gates. But they do take some getting used to. I bought mine in 1999 to replace an old Futaba FF7 and my flying suffered initially.

One other advantage is the ability to place switches wherever you want them and assign them to do whatever you want. Nowadays this is less of an issue since most high-end transmitters allow you to assign switches to do whatever you want, although if Spektrum/JR/Futaba/Hitec put a 2-position switch where you would prefer a 3-position you are still stuck.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:39 PM
mostly gliders
Skellefteå, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
959 Posts
Quote:
I have to ask this:

I like tray transmitters because I have a bad neck, so I use a cross-over strap for my Mpx P4000. I can fly all day long and I will not get tired in my neck, arms or my back. It is very relaxing to use cross-over strap.

And so, we must not forget that people often look at what others are using.
F3A pilots often use pult transmitters, but many of them use only a neck strap attached to the radio. It must be great pressure on the neck and back.
Glider pilots on the other hand often use cross-over strap, if not handheld like many F3F pilots do.

/Ville
liukku is online now Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:48 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
I have to ask this:

Well they are especially popular in my home country. The reason for this is that one hour with them on the air field substitutes already for half an hour being in the gym.

Personally I am flying my Futaba T12Z and T14Z holding the TX in my hands and controlling the plane with my thumbs and fingers. This is why I don't have an need for such a big pizza box.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:49 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
People pick different radios for different reasons. Here in the UK it is fair to say Hitec have made no dent in the market when the switch to 2.4 occured. I have no brand loyalty and look at everything. For me Aurora was looked at and dismissed. I currently use Jeti in a Profi 4000 and will get a DC16 when it comes out no doubt.

Jeti price seems comparative to the competition from JR and Futaba. The Walkera looks good but they offer no choice in receivers for me.

Jeti were a winner for me based on RX's. I need everything from the 3g JST plugged micro RX for F3P to a big full ranged one for F3A.

I get out and about a fair bit and fair to say here Spektrum dominate followed a fiar way behind by Futaba. Seen a few Jeti as well as ACT and Weatronic systems. Have yet to see the Hitec outside of one of the bigger shops.

As for FCC approval I'm not sure Jeti seem to care. Was pointed out that the total European market is bigger than the US market. Maybe they feel that is big enough for them. Not alone there as the Multiplex system (of which I've seen a few) is not offered for sale in the US.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Feb 23, 2011, 02:58 PM
slope addict
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
I agree he has nothing to offer here but it's kinda fun reading some of what he says. BTW, do we know why he's so loyal to the Hitec A9? Does he work for them? Perhaps he wrote the wonderful software or implemented the touch screen that you need to "press firmly and wobble your finger about or use a stylus".

Mike
Hehe. I have to agree with you on that. He is kind of funny in some ways, but after a while it just gets annoying

Why he is Hitec religious? Well, he claims to fly Futaba's so who knows. He's most likely paid to try to influence users on this, and other, forums
torgust is offline Find More Posts by torgust
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:57 PM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
656 Posts
It is a bummer that JETI will not consider a marine program.
Regards,
Giovanni
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:55 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
If you look at this picture you will see an icon that says "User def BOAT" so perhaps they do have a marine model type in mind?

kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:28 PM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
656 Posts
I e-mailed the Jeti Knight Department :

Wed, February 16, 2011 2:20:26 AMRe: First JETI model transmitter - DC-16 Inquiry
To: Giovanni Hurt
Dear Sir,
We want to start production on 10/2011.
For 2012 year we do not plan any upgrade .
So no marine capability.
Best Regards
.................................................. .................................................. ...
JETI model s.r.o.
Lomená 1530
742 58 Příbor
Czech Republic

On 16.2.2011 6:04, Giovanni wrote:
Will the JETI model transmitter - DC-16 have marine capability?
I would by it in a New York minute!

Kind Regards,
Giovanni
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Last edited by sunworksco; Feb 23, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:46 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
What special features or behaviours are needed for marine use?
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly