Oct 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Goodbye

I have decided I will have to get another supplier where I can actually get products
Last edited by dirtybird; Oct 17, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2012, 01:37 PM
That's what I'm starting to think too. I stocked up on nanos a while ago (luckily!!) and am building the last plane I have receivers for right now. How long has it been since a new shipment of nanos arrived now?

This is really too bad because I honestly think the nano, in conjuction with the XDP, is the best product out there right now. Range is ridiculous. Reliability is awesome. Price is perfect. But what's a guy supposed to do if it is never available to buy?
Oct 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
Thermals, Tom
I hope lack of profits isn't holding things up. Say the word; we'll pay more!
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Oct 17, 2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
I won't. Hitec is getting some cool stuff these days and price is comparable. Price is a big deal to me. I like it right where it's at.
Oct 17, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thermals, Tom
That is an option. I have the XPS module in my A9 just waiting on receivers.
I can go back to HiTec if I have to but never to Spektrum
Oct 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
That is an option. I have the XPS module in my A9 just waiting on receivers.
I can go back to HiTec if I have to but never to Spektrum
Agreed 100%
Oct 17, 2012, 09:47 PM
Inciting Riots
Quote:
Doubt it, I'm thinking more along the Nomadio line.
Oct 17, 2012, 11:10 PM
Thermals, Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot
Doubt it, I'm thinking more along the Nomadio line.
Whatever happened to Nomadio? I waited and waited and then went with Spektrum.

I hate to see XPS go away. It is potentially the best product but the customer service, not so much.
The website isn't up to date
There is no number to call
Much of what they have written is very technically oriented
I hate getting my info from a gossip board with occasional comments from a rep.
Oct 18, 2012, 01:55 AM
Passion
I also decided to move on. A year after the first suggested release I cannot wait any longer and lately if the subject of time is touched it gets deleted without answer. The absolute lack of concern for our needs, reliability and public relations is one thing that seems not to change. One can be promised magic but at the end it is the one that deliver the goods that sell it. A reliable supply and after sales service is more important than empty promises, no matter how impressed the specs of those promises might be. I am in the proses to sell all my XPS stuff and buy new RC equipment from a reliable RC manufacturer.

Good bye and good luck.
Oct 18, 2012, 07:02 AM
Ive gotta say I am a disappointed as well. The new RX's and TX should have been in the market long ago. I have been a loyal XPS user from the early days when we were called "fanboys" by the naysayers. I have used the system successfully for several years and promoted it to colleagues whilst being told that it didn't work. I have followed the upgrade path as they became available and been a repeat customer despite the outrageous freight costs. Unfortunately at this moment in time there is no XPS business, because there is no XPS product. We are using the remnants of a system that showed promise but wasnt supported long term. I can only think that Jims business interests have taken him in another direction because I simply don't see any committment to getting the promised products to market. The transmitter could be anyware from a working prototype to a wish list and the new receivers seem to have developed a reliability issue on the eve of release. The whole story is wearing a bit thin. I really dont mind which way it goes, I would just like the courtesy of being told the real story. Remember that our purchases of the XPS product have paid for whatever is happenning now.
Oct 18, 2012, 07:58 AM
Proud RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by twang
I can only think that Jims business interests have taken him in another direction..
You just hit the nail on the head. He's been letting everyone know all along that he's been doing other stuff and working in other markets and that the RC market would be a much smaller market than what he'd like to pursue. I followed the Tx thread when I was in the market for something bigger than the MX16 for a while but knowing that it was "due in the fall" and that I didn't want to wait that long I got an A9 (Love it). Thought about getting the A9 Module but found myself in the same boat, wondering why no Receivers available. soo... in the mean time I haven't had any disappointment with the hitec receivers.

Unsure why they don't at least manufacture some new Nanos though. Seems everyone is pleased enough with those and the price was good.

So receivers aside... I did get my Dynamax Fan in the mail this week.
Oct 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
We did manufacturer new Nanos... but there was a problem with the new CPU which made them unreliable. Sometimes they would latch up on a reboot. Instead of releasing a product that could have a potential problem we have opted to resolve the issue.

Quick Reply