SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by smittyboy
Joined Mar 2014
504 Posts
Discussion
Does anyone still fly the Flyzone Fokker Dr.I?

I bought this plane two years back. It was my second plane, and when I first flew it I crashed it really bad into the ground pushing the prop shaft into the motor and knocking a tiny washer in the back off, which would no longer allow the gears to track properly together. Don't know what made me pull it out of the box after all these years, but I was able to fix the motor problem with a paper clip and some glue. She flies great now. Kinda slow, but she works. I see they discontinued her. Would love to see E-Flite come out with one of these birds…maybe a little bigger though.

Flying the Red Baron's - Fokker Dr.I (7 min 6 sec)
smittyboy is offline Find More Posts by smittyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2015, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by pjdog350
Joined Apr 2013
1,202 Posts
I didn't like mine at all. I gave it away to a friend!

jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
Old Aug 14, 2015, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by smittyboy
Joined Mar 2014
504 Posts
It flies more like a kid's toy than it does a real RC plane. It's incredibly fragile. Sounds horrible too! It's not the best in the world, and honestly, the quality sucks. I vowed I would never buy another Flyzone product and I never did, but curiosity got the best of me and I was able to fix it and get it to fly finally. It's a novelty item that's for sure, but like I said, I'd love to see E-Flite redo this thing the proper way. I'm sure they could do a quality job on this one.
smittyboy is offline Find More Posts by smittyboy
Old Aug 16, 2015, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
912 Posts
Excellent to see yours flying!

Contrary to previous postings, I really like this little Fokker! During indoor flying it makes itself known from the overly loud gearbox (ya, it's not very smooth) and shear height for a micro! Two lengths of steel rod glued next to the gearbox, underneath the cowl, helped tame the pitch instability immensely. There are four of these gems in the family that continue to get flown. All have had there share of mid-airs, hanger rash, and motor/gearbox repairs. One of these is still pristine and never flown!
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5