Old Dec 01, 2015, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by JGAF
Aerobatics!
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Nov 2007
2,668 Posts
Discussion
Undelivered Airplanes

I regret to inform everyone that I am now homeless and without a penny to my name, I have no place to live or build.

EDIT: I've since found a spot to finish the planes that have been ordered.

Those of you who have submitted orders would be wise to go through PayPal purchase protection to recover their money which should land me in enough debt to feel comfortable lying down and dying in a ditch somewhere.

EDIT: I WILL be finishing and shipping out every plane that has been ordered, whether you request a refund or not.

Justin

EDIT: As of the 15th of January I am all caught up.
JGAF is offline Find More Posts by JGAF
Last edited by JGAF; Jan 20, 2016 at 01:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2015, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by h4mst3r
Joined Jul 2014
31 Posts
:-o no way!!! are u kiddin us?
h4mst3r is offline Find More Posts by h4mst3r
Old Dec 01, 2015, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by cityevader
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!!!!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
4,639 Posts
Dang, i feel for you, as I've been borderline homeless for a year now myself...
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Dec 01, 2015, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
R/C Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,888 Posts
Make sure you don't end up like Chief High Horse/Minhuahua!
screamin' eagle is online now Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Dec 01, 2015, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by JGAF
Aerobatics!
Joined Nov 2007
2,668 Posts
I'll be finishing everything on my list and sending them out to whoever ordered them if I can figure out a place to build. I have 20 sets of wings, fuses, and tails, and many partially completed airplanes (mostly for the Australians)

I was evicted because my room mate had a guest too long and I failed to inform the landlord, naively believing her when she told me she had already spoken to the landlord weeks prior. He had been there for 5 weeks and I was over it, as it was just a one bedroom apartment and not fit for three people. I asked him to find a place to stay before the 15th and he "informed me" that he would be staying until January. I let it go and tried to settle things peacefully, but eventually I was made uncomfortable in my own home and called the police to try and get the guy out. Since he was a guest there, they couldn't do anything as it was up to the land lord and lease agreement. So I called her and said "Look, this guy won't leave, so can you please evict them" - she called me back a couple days later and said that since it was the first time she had heard he was staying there (don't trust blonde women?) that we were both evicted and had to be out by the 4th.

Unlike Dave I'm not involved in the growing or distributing of marijuana and I don't believe anyone wants to show up at my door (or rather lack of door) with a gun just yet. I wonder if he would have made good on his promises, if he had the chance.

Sorry dudes
Last edited by JGAF; Dec 07, 2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2015, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by Steve 0
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,901 Posts
Of the 20 sets of parts, etc...(not including the Australian or other spoken for planes)....would there be complete plane kits possibly available ?
Steve 0 is online now Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Dec 02, 2015, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by JGAF
Aerobatics!
Joined Nov 2007
2,668 Posts
I need to check out what my carbon fiber stock is looking like but that's a definite possibility. I can build 16 more planes with what I have when I finish.

UPDATE: A friend is allowing me to use his shop during the daytime to finish the orders I already have. I'll try to get these out asap
Last edited by JGAF; Dec 02, 2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2015, 02:12 AM
Find More Posts by Sandd
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Apr 2009
2,333 Posts
Life of an artist.

I kaknow it well.

Rooting for you!
Sandd is offline Find More Posts by Sandd
Old Dec 05, 2015, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by TRISME
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
8,550 Posts
You can eat an elephant if you do it one bite at a time. Hang in there and don't give up.
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Dec 07, 2015, 04:33 AM
Find More Posts by gazasmith
Rock Breaker
Australia, QLD
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Was quoted 2-4 week build and its 12 weeks now, you failed before I saw this thread. I have taken your advice and put in my PayPal claim.
gazasmith is online now Find More Posts by gazasmith
Old Dec 07, 2015, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by fearfactorfred
Nipomo, Ca.
Joined Mar 2007
1,980 Posts
gazasmith,

I'm not sure which plane you ordered but I'd be more than happy to send you my red, black and white Buzz Evo. I'd have to take it apart to ship it though.

PM me if you have any questions?

Cheers,
Fred
fearfactorfred is offline Find More Posts by fearfactorfred
Old Dec 07, 2015, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by JGAF
Aerobatics!
Joined Nov 2007
2,668 Posts
I'll be sending Gary his plane anyway, along with the other planes in the group buy. It has been too long of a wait, and he deserves a new plane.
Old Dec 07, 2015, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by Sandd
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Apr 2009
2,333 Posts
I have found selling kits before they are made is always a problem for me.

I only sell what I have made and make no promises.

Sorry your planes are so popular!

Maybe don't post so many awesome videos of how they fly better than anything else in their catagory !
Sandd is offline Find More Posts by Sandd
Old Dec 07, 2015, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by JimZinVT
let's FLY!
United States, VT, Castleton
Joined Dec 2007
3,256 Posts
It's easy to bite off more that you can chew. I got into similar trouble when I was *trying* to run my one-man woodworking shop. And it's a shty feeling knowing you've let people down. I hope things come back around for you man!

And I agree with those that have said don't take orders, build inventory and sell what's on hand.

It's almost snowboard season!
JimZinVT is offline Find More Posts by JimZinVT
Old Dec 07, 2015, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by JGAF
Aerobatics!
Joined Nov 2007
2,668 Posts
Got 3 fuses cut out, beveled, sanded, and sparred, 3 wings joined and sparred, 3 sets of tails, 3 rudders, and covered a plane today. I can only work from 8-3:30 so I am trying to make the most of my time while I'm there.

Australian group is nearly finished, and will be sent out whether refunds are had or not.

I'll be focusing on building inventory and selling what I have on hand from now on rather than accepting payment in advance, a foolish decision brought about by my already awful ability to handle finances, chronic severe depression and chasing floosies. Combined with a rising demand, and inexperience handling business in general - I've managed to drop the ball over the past few months and I am really sorry.

I will finish these planes, and more, my heart is in this not because I would make people angry but because I would be horribly angry with myself if I were to give up, and self destruct. I don't have any distractions for the foreseeable future as once I'm finished working at my friends shop during the day I am living out of my car, and sleeping at a train station.

For now I have an all red on the top and white on bottom receiver ready buzz that a buyer backed out on due to time issues (and has since been refunded) that is available, either to be sold or if someone would like can be sent in place of the color scheme they ordered. It's set up, tuned, and ready to fly if local pick up is desired. I can also drive to meet you.