HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Anyone else getting a Malware warning from Google when trying to log on to HeliFreak?

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:56 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Anyone else getting a Malware warning from Google when trying to log on to HeliFreak?

Bob
I did yesterday but when I looked at the report it didn't show that there were any issues found, not sure why it was flagged if their own test shows no issues.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Last edited by liduno; Oct 02, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:57 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,494 Posts
Quote:

Bob
Me too.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:07 AM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:

Bob
I had it yesterday also, but ignored it.
I have not tried today
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:13 AM
RC Keeps Me Sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,432 Posts
Warned by AVG but allowed access, seemed ok though.
DanBo3D is online now Find More Posts by DanBo3D
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
The reason I asked is because I could no longer open up my mail. I had to change my password in order to receive my mail and thought it may be related to this warning.

Bon
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:34 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
There having issues not sure why there is a thread about it over there im staying off with pc only going on with phone
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:34 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,909 Posts
It appears the website has been attacked. My anti-virus detected a malware that will compromise your computer. I performed a full virus scan and removed the file. Allowing a compromised file on your computer can cause problems. The largest one could require a format and reload. I made my living as a computer professional so have a bit of experience in the field. Perform a full virus scan NOW!
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:51 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
This was posted on HF....

HF site contained one infected zip file containing Phoenix custom Heli skins that was uploaded by a good standing member who has been contacted. No software was installed on anyone's computer without opening the file. It makes it tough. I want people to be able to share files and upload the types they want but then stuff like this can happen.

Unless you have been installing stuff in Phoenix you downloaded from here in the last few days, you did not get it from here. Sorry guys. S now no more zips for a while or upload them to a file sharing site and link to them.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:

Bob
Yup. My Avast! virus scanner throws a huge red warning page when trying to go to HF.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:59 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
lets get back to the 130X. here is a video of mine in my yard couple days ago it was flying pretty good on this flight sorry light not better it was about to rain
VID_20120930_101739.mp4 (2 min 48 sec)
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:47 AM
I drank it, and it is good.
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Sep 2009
395 Posts
Nice flying, but yea, really hard to see...
mustang347 is offline Find More Posts by mustang347
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:26 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Just got the new parts put in...took a pic of the new shaft and it is PERFECT!! WOW, what a difference in how this thing flies now. I went ahead and put the 'McpX blade grip bearings' in there too with a touch of CA to hold them in place. The other new parts sure make this how it shoulda been outta the box! Now...I have another issue...do I get another one of these, or do I get a 300x??? Christmas is coming up, so I need to know which one
I actually like this one better than my Nano-cpx!!! It is so steady now!! I've really been able to flip this thing and keep it under control! I LOVE IT!!!

Now, I guess I need to sell my Msr, McpX, T-rex 250 so I can fund another 130x OR the 300x!! I think I'll keep my Blade 400 3D...never been crashed
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:34 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Yeah this is a great little heli, I am loving it...super fast and responsive
The only thing I dont undestand is the huge gear, which did rub on the elevator servo..and the slack in the shaft. Both very easy fixes just surpised that it still needs done
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
According to HH, they have only had 1 person that reported the gear actually touching the fet on the servo...the guy at HH said you can't get a piece of paper between the gear and the fet, but they don't touch...ok, that's still too close in my book, but oh well. The slack in the shaft? I know that the tail gear box wasn't pushed all the way on with my heli...I got it pushed all the way on, and I put a tiny dot of CA to keep it from sliding back, and I haven't had an issue with that since...To me, this is a better heli to learn on than the NcpX...more stable. I flip my nano- and it takes about 30-40 feet of space to get it back under control...right now...newbie at flips :P Still can't hover nose in for more than a few seconds, but I sure can flip this thing!! I'll tame down the Nano for inside flying...but this heli...have I mentioned I love it?
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman