HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 02:55 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo1268 View Post
Tarot's first run of split lock heads, thrust tails etc. etc. were all pretty good to me, but as time went on they turned to crap and the percentage of "bad out of the box" turned out out to be the case more and more. I believe the casting/CNC work to be very un true, and have experienced this EXACT same goose chase, and yeah the tail felt just fine on the bench.

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion on installing the stock grips. The bearings were new as well as the slider. I usually rebuild stuff before I put them in my spares box so they are ready to go in instances like this.

No change in tail behavior however

I'm going to open up the gyro and look for a loose board or better yet, remove it and check the wires / connectors for fraying or damage.

I know these tail issues have been discussed over and over but it sucks when it happens someone on here, sucks even more when it happens to me LOL.

I'll keep you posted on the findings.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Bill S.
VelocityRC is online now Find More Posts by VelocityRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:17 PM
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Gyro looks good on the inside, nothing loose and wires are in good condition.

What are you guys liking for FB gyros? I'm thinking about picking up a used Align GP780 or 790.

Suggestions ? HK doesn't seem to have much anymore.

Bill S.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Thanks for the suggestion on installing the stock grips. The bearings were new as well as the slider. I usually rebuild stuff before I put them in my spares box so they are ready to go in instances like this.

No change in tail behavior however

I'm going to open up the gyro and look for a loose board or better yet, remove it and check the wires / connectors for fraying or damage.

I know these tail issues have been discussed over and over but it sucks when it happens someone on here, sucks even more when it happens to me LOL.

I'll keep you posted on the findings.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Bill S.
And you're using the yellow kbar?
Rodo1268 is offline Find More Posts by Rodo1268
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:21 PM
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo1268 View Post
And you're using the yellow kbar?
This one is FB and I'm using a Align GP780

Bill S.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:34 PM
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
This one is FB and I'm using a Align GP780

Bill S.
Ah ok, well I'm fresh outta ideas. Keep us posted and best of luck, you'll get it eventually.
Rodo1268 is offline Find More Posts by Rodo1268
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:02 AM
Joined May 2011
430 Posts
Probably not the problem and maybe mentioned before, but are your tail blade grips at even lengths (from the center of the tail shaft to the center of the blade grip hole, even on both sides) I use a caliber for this measurement.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:33 AM
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Probably not the problem and maybe mentioned before, but are your tail blade grips at even lengths (from the center of the tail shaft to the center of the blade grip hole, even on both sides) I use a caliber for this measurement.
19.82mm and 19.84mm, another great thought however. Thanks Mugen.

Bill S.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:44 AM
Joined Oct 2012
815 Posts
Someone help me with this....any advantage in getting an Align main gear/anti-rotation gear over one from Tarot for my 450 DFCs?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Oct 23, 2014, 03:57 PM
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Someone help me with this....any advantage in getting an Align main gear/anti-rotation gear over one from Tarot for my 450 DFCs?
I have found that Align gears work, fit and mesh properly. Clone gears not so much. If you want to buy clone then Tarot would be my only other choice. Personally I just pay the X-Tra $$$ for Align, JMHO

Bill S.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:30 PM
Joined Oct 2012
815 Posts
Quote:
I have found that Align gears work, fit and mesh properly. Clone gears not so much. If you want to buy clone then Tarot would be my only other choice. Personally I just pay the X-Tra $$$ for Align, JMHO

Bill S.
I do have a Tarot 450 Pro DFC. So, is it worth replacing the main and auto rotation gears with Align ones?
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
573 Posts
Quote:
I do have a Tarot 450 Pro DFC. So, is it worth replacing the main and auto rotation gears with Align ones?
Did you have problems with the original Tarot gears? If the original ones worked fine, it sounds like you're trying to fix a problem that wasn't there in the first place.

My philosophy with upgrade parts has always been that I upgrade the parts that have deficiencies. If there is no deficiency, there is no reason to upgrade. If the original Tarot gear wore out due to poor meshing, then an align replacement may be worthwhile. If it's stripped out due to crash damage, then i'd get whichever one is cheapest. An align gear will strip in a crash just like any other gear will.
Chubbs is online now Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
782 Posts
Ive always had good luck with tarot main / AR gears. I especially like the slant ones
ryane67 is online now Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
I'm with Chubbs on this one. If the Tarot gears have no problems, Align gears wont make it fly any better.

I just buy Align because I don't have issues with them.

I have Tarot umbrella gears that came with a Tarot alloy boom case I bought last year and they are still going strong and I see no need to replace them until worn or damaged.

Bill S.
Last edited by VelocityRC; Yesterday at 10:30 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Still waiting for my new gyro, it seems that it went snail mail. I really am hoping that will fix the tail on my FB 450.

Looks like a couple more days on delivery

Keep you posted.

Bill S.
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Joined Oct 2012
815 Posts
I did have some tail oscillations/vibrations so l wanted to try Align gears and see if it made a difference.