HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2010, 04:42 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,031 Posts
Video
Mirage Robbe light brushless

With a light brushless setup this is a very fine plane, quite fast on demand but also very slow.

I removed the video attachment to make room, same cut is available as streaming video on the RCmovie video site (recommended!) as:
http://www.rcmovie.de/video/52752837...ge-Robbe-light

It shows a summary of the first couple of flights taken from three youtube videos linked below (better quality than the wmv file)

I had lots of fun but one should be able to do spectacular high alpha - for this I need some more stick time on calm days to practise.

This little 16g 1700kV motor from Hobbyking is remarkably efficient, power in is around 50 Watts only.
With a 500mAh 3s lipo I get 10 min flight time.
I tried both the TGS 4,5x4,5 (in the video), and the MPX 5x4 (see second video below). The TGS gives more speed and enough thrust, the MPX would be good for practising high alpha etc. (better vertical acceleration).

Youtube video cut of the second flight (faster and slow scenes):

Mirage Robbe light BL fast & slow (4 min 21 sec)

Youtube video cut of later flights - a VERY close pass at the beginning (see stills attached) and slowing it into the wind etc:

Mirage Robbe light BL close & foolish (3 min 49 sec)

Youtube video cut of the maiden, after routing antenna on wing no more glitches and fine speed runs:

Mirage Robbe BL speed runs on maiden (2 min 11 sec)

cheers
Clemens
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Last edited by mopetista; Dec 20, 2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: video attachment deleted
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:50 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
That was a few very nice videos and great flying in such a beautiful area with fantastic fall colors.

TFS

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:48 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,031 Posts
speedy Mirage maiden...

Thank you John, this plane was a joy to fly from the very beginning, I just uploaded the footage of the maiden. It flew well but I had terrible glitches, brought her down and taped the RX antenna (it is a cheapo GWS pico 4ch!) over one wing, and then - speed runs as if I would always have flown her, sooo smooth. More space but more glare on the South face of the hill.
It gives you a better impression of the speed - not extreme but just right for my taste, with the small plane you don't want to fly away too far anyway (and it's already hard to see on the keychain cam videos)...
Cheers
Clemens

Mirage Robbe BL speed runs on maiden (2 min 11 sec)
Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:09 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Clemens,

You’re correct about the sun glaring but it was not so bad. She really flew nice and smooth. Have you tried to launch her like a Frisbee yet? I launch almost all of my delta & wings that way, which send the plane out quickly giving you plenty of time to get back to the controls.

Thanks again.

John
Old Nov 01, 2010, 12:59 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,031 Posts
Frisbee Launch

You're right John, the frisbee launch is cool and practical, I love the hobby lobby video about launching a Mig 15 (including underhand and inverted toss):
Hobby Lobby EPO Mig-15 Launch Video (2 min 6 sec)

The wing ends of the Mirage are VERY far back of the CG, I don't think that I would want to try that, rather I will launch my Funjet like that first. It's so light, I launch it with motor off, e.g., here:
Funjet light Graupner 6x5,5 speed runs 60mph (1 min 41 sec)

PS: Changed the video attachment - did a summary of all three youtube videos.
As a video buff you surely know www.rcmovie.de - if not, check it out, there is a LOT more going on there than at RCgroups...
best regards from Vienna/Austria
Clemens
Old Nov 01, 2010, 10:37 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Clemens,

Thank you for the suggestion of rcmovie.de I normally just check for RC plane video’s here on RCG or YouTube. I would never launch anything but wings/delta as a Frisbee. A scale jet could get damaged that way. Very nice video, thank you very much

John
Old Nov 01, 2010, 10:44 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
checked out the DE website really cool and it didn't hurt that I lived in Germany for a few years

Thank you clemens

John