HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:59 AM
Sweden, Dalarna County, Aspeboda
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krokko View Post
I have the landing gear dry fitted with all solderings done, a friend with the specific silver soldering skills helped me out.

Also, the main spars for all four wings are glued and sanded to fit the spruces, working on the rear spars right now (I'm starting to see the light in the tunnel, just hope that it isn't the train (again)).

cabane struts also soldered, trying to figure out how to build and fit the center wing part?"

/kajman
Hello again, I'm confused on how to continue the thread, quote? edit? or what?

Anyway, here are the latest from the Tiggie build: starting easy with upper starboard wing. looks fairly straight forward but the spruces are very very fragile, need to be very easy on handling them.
The plan scale 1:1 for the wings is put together from two sheets, not very precise but managable.

rgds/krokko
krokko is offline Find More Posts by krokko
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:12 PM
USA, MA, Weymouth
Joined Mar 2004
1,114 Posts
Please check your private message page...

Dear Krokko:

The PIPE Here again...great work on your Tiggie's wings so far...

...but where you didn't get a full-scale construction plan for the fuselage, I've PM'ed you a message as an offer of help to get around not having full-sized drawings for your "Tiggie" kit's fuselage construction needs.

Just hoping I can be of help to you...

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE....!!
The PIPE is offline Find More Posts by The PIPE
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Thank you,
but I'm doing ok!
rgds/krokko
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Quote:
I have the landing gear dry fitted with all solderings done, a friend with the specific silver soldering skills helped me out.

Also, the main spars for all four wings are glued and sanded to fit the spruces, working on the rear spars right now (I'm starting to see the light in the tunnel, just hope that it isn't the train (again)).

cabane struts also soldered, trying to figure out how to build and fit the center wing part?"

/kajman
Quote:

Anyway, here are the latest from the Tiggie build: starting easy with upper starboard wing. looks fairly straight forward but the spruces are very very fragile, need to be very easy on handling them.
The plan scale 1:1 for the wings is put together from two sheets, not very precise but managable.

rgds/krokko
Upper two wings glued together, still a lot of sanding to do - next are the lower ones with the ailerons..
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:49 PM
United States, TX, San Angelo
Joined Nov 2007
91 Posts
KajS, I'm enjoying watching your progress. Keep the photos coming along. :-)
Carl
CarlMalone is offline Find More Posts by CarlMalone
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Quote:
Upper two wings glued together, still a lot of sanding to do - next are the lower ones with the ailerons..
Hi again, thank you CarlM for the interest. You have already done what I'm doing so it must be boring to you....

Anyway, lower left wing glued together, I struggled with the hinges to the aileron, almost changed out for pins, but there they are now...
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:46 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
396 Posts
Quote:

rgds/krokko
Hi Krokko, just click on the button in the top left corner of the tread [Post Reply], then just type what you wish to add, you should understand what you need to do from that window.

Sackie
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Thank's Sackie. How could I miss that?!

/krokko
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
hello!
Couldn't resist dry fitting the upper wing, unfortunately I got the centre section slightly twisted, impossible to correct, have to build a new one. e-mail'd Flair in UK hoping that they can deliver materiel for a new one!

Other then that; all four wing halfes are glued together, blind nuts installed as well as the gadgets for later flying wire holding.

the build goes on!!

/krokko
Last edited by krokko; Nov 05, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
hello again,
Both upper and lower wings dry mounted. It was a very delicate operation, the distance between the centre of the holes (with brass tubes inserted) in the wings need to be absolutely precise - 178mm. I was lucky!

Also, I was able to repair my mistake with the wing centre. Flair in UK wasn't much of a help! No repair articles in stock - wait two to three months!?

Progressing slowly with the tail feathers.....

/krokko
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:47 AM
Navy Retired
Dixfield, Maine
Joined Apr 2008
12 Posts
Hi,
I am about finished with the ECOMRC 1/4 scale Tiger Moth. The engine I have installed is also the Laser 1.8. My problem is finding a source for a spinner adapter nut/ or a spinner nut as shown in your photos. I have not found an adapter or spinner nut with a 10mm and thread of 1.5mm. I am looking for a source to buy either.
My planes recommended balance (C/G) is 146 mm behind the leading edge of the top wing tank. What is the C/G on yours?
Joe
Wing & Prayer is online now Find More Posts by Wing & Prayer
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing & Prayer View Post
Hi,
I am about finished with the ECOMRC 1/4 scale Tiger Moth. The engine I have installed is also the Laser 1.8. My problem is finding a source for a spinner adapter nut/ or a spinner nut as shown in your photos. I have not found an adapter or spinner nut with a 10mm and thread of 1.5mm. I am looking for a source to buy either.
My planes recommended balance (C/G) is 146 mm behind the leading edge of the top wing tank. What is the C/G on yours?
Joe
Hi

Contact the LASER company in UK, you'll find them on the net, just go with google.
They provided me with a recently designed prop nut that fits the 180 and the Tiger perfectly!

The CG on flair Tiger Moth is 190-210mm back from centre LE (i.e. top wing tank).

good luck!

/krokko
Last edited by krokko; Nov 08, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, MD, Frostburg
Joined Aug 2008
1,444 Posts
Very fast and nice progress! Clean lines...and your soldering is great (I have problems with that). Can't wait to watch you build it to the end.
4075aaron is offline Find More Posts by 4075aaron
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4075aaron View Post
Very fast and nice progress! Clean lines...and your soldering is great (I have problems with that). Can't wait to watch you build it to the end.
Hi
You are not the only one with soldering problems. I had to engage a friend who used to work wit metals of different sorts. He did the silver soldering for mei! I did some tin soldering myself but I have to say that it isn't really my piece of cake.....

/rgds/krokko
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
progress......

Hi

A couple of pictures again! Tail ready for fitting to the fuse. Also, the wing centre (tank) in place. This was to me the hardest thing to get right! There is no room for error here, the pins need to fit perfectly in the wing pair.

Next is sanding, sanding and sanding again. There is so many small things to do on this plane, it seem like gluing together the wings and the fuse was the easy part of it! I don't intend to fit any slats, some plastic parts are included in the kit but there isn't any directions or instructions on how to do them, or if they are necessary at all.