HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2014, 05:19 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Sounds like you may have fried the voltage regulator in the ESC. I would first check if you are getting any voltage on the red and black wire on the servo connector with a volt meter. If you get 5v then its probably your RX is bad, if you dont get any voltage, your ESC or maybe just the BEC is fried. try powering RX with an external BEC then.

Or maybe your RX is bad. try it with a verified good ESC.
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2014, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
108 Posts
hi guys, does Afro esc and Turnigy plush esch as different throttle calibration sound?
cyberiarvo is offline Find More Posts by cyberiarvo
Old Nov 30, 2014, 02:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug View Post
The Skywalker 20A will work fine. I just mapped the SkyIII 30A two days ago, and the only change I did from the SW 20A was to reduce default startup power since it is a bigger ESC, and to disable fully damped mode. Particularly the 4in1 ran poorly at low speed damped, probably due to the high side drivers. So you should be good to go with the SW 20A code.

I will try to post the Rev11.1 code this weekend. The Skywalker 12A will also be included.
Hi guys, I think I might have a problem on my HK-10A (or maybe not?)

Could you please help me to clarify if the following is normal?

I used my voltmeter to check there were no wires or solder shorting, and all went well, then I powered it with a Turnigy nano 300mah. Then I started hearing a sound like "tick-tick-tick-tick..." non-stop.

I unplugged the battery and checked again for shorts. My surprise was that touching the red and black wires, with the voltmeter tips, it started beeping, as those wires were shorted. Then I unsoldered them and soldered again to perform the test. But no beep sound this time, so no shorts…

So I don't know if I should go ahead and connect them to the main board, as I am afraid it might damage the 3-in-1 board.

Could you give me some advice please?

I wanted to finish my mod ASAP because I am travelling for 45 days and would like to have my little bird with me. I will travel in 3 days!!
LEORITY is offline Find More Posts by LEORITY
Old Nov 30, 2014, 03:26 AM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Joined Oct 2013
1,729 Posts
If they are shorted, things would start to heat up rather quickly. Or you could plug the battery into the esc, then check the voltages out of the servo plug, making sure you get close to 5v at the red and black wires on the plug. If that checks good, you should be able to connect everything up just fine.
Btnewman is offline Find More Posts by Btnewman
Old Nov 30, 2014, 06:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
I just connected the battery to the ESC and measured the receiver output (+ and -) and it was 5.06 volts. But it does hit a little to maybe 20-25 degrees after 2 minutes...
I also tried to flash it with BLHeli and it doesn't read the ESC, it says "connection could not be achieved" or something like that...
Now that I just connected the battery, when I measure the resistance on the black and red wires of the ESC, the voltmeter beeps, showing resistance, but after 1/2 hour, I measured again and there is no beep, so no resistance...
Any suggestion please?
Last edited by LEORITY; Nov 30, 2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 07:27 PM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
If they are shorted, things would start to heat up rather quickly. Or you could plug the battery into the esc, then check the voltages out of the servo plug, making sure you get close to 5v at the red and black wires on the plug. If that checks good, you should be able to connect everything up just fine.

In what order would you solder the flashing wires to the ESC?
Old Dec 07, 2014, 01:46 AM
Or just say Peer
NRW, Germany
Joined Oct 2008
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEORITY View Post
I just connected the battery to the ESC and measured the receiver output (+ and -) and it was 5.06 volts. But it does hit a little to maybe 20-25 degrees after 2 minutes...
I also tried to flash it with BLHeli and it doesn't read the ESC, it says "connection could not be achieved" or something like that...
Now that I just connected the battery, when I measure the resistance on the black and red wires of the ESC, the voltmeter beeps, showing resistance, but after 1/2 hour, I measured again and there is no beep, so no resistance...
Any suggestion please?
This might be an appropriate answer?
Bruce explaining
JollyJoker is offline Find More Posts by JollyJoker
Old Dec 07, 2014, 10:49 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Flashing Turnigy Plush(SiLabs) success, now with tutorial!

JollyJoker, absolutely great video! Simple and it really answers the question!! I will subscribe to his Youtube channel for sure.
I actually ended up assembling my mcpx with those ESC's.
The problem I have now is that the main motor heats up so much that it shuts down after 2-3 minutes.
What I was thinking is that the cause might be related to the excess of solder on the indicated area (see the picture)! Maybe?
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417967387.253331.jpg
Views: 11
Size: 89.0 KB
Description: