HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
574 Posts
hey all, just came back from holidays and spooled up my v450 as soon as i got home....man the tail bid just came off as i idled up .....no major damage...just the tail unit with a bend tail shaft. what happened was a piece of the metal on the tail just broke into 2.....can't believe walkera;s quality.....well....i've found a replacement but not sure if it is compatible....can anyone pls advice? the walkera parts f450-10 and f450-14 are way too expensive...10 each.....

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450spor...1-p-61075.html
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:17 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
hey all, just came back from holidays and spooled up my v450 as soon as i got home....man the tail bid just came off as i idled up .....no major damage...just the tail unit with a bend tail shaft. what happened was a piece of the metal on the tail just broke into 2.....can't believe walkera;s quality.....well....i've found a replacement but not sure if it is compatible....can anyone pls advice? the walkera parts f450-10 and f450-14 are way too expensive...10 each.....

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450spor...1-p-61075.html
It should fit the boom. The tail pulley should match the belt too. Other than that i can't be sure. But it "should" work. Though many people here in the USA have bad luck with shipping practices by that web site. It's real hit or miss, or so it seems. Either you get your package or it takes weeks to months and they don't email you to say why. Things like that. I had a small order with them and it arrived just fine.

Which part broke? I have had the arm /bracket for the tail rocker break on me a few times. But never the actual tail box.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:47 AM
Joined Jun 2011
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
It should fit the boom. The tail pulley should match the belt too. Other than that i can't be sure. But it "should" work. Though many people here in the USA have bad luck with shipping practices by that web site. It's real hit or miss, or so it seems. Either you get your package or it takes weeks to months and they don't email you to say why. Things like that. I had a small order with them and it arrived just fine.

Which part broke? I have had the arm /bracket for the tail rocker break on me a few times. But never the actual tail box.
yeah i had a bad experience with them once too and never bought from them again....it was just for reference. i waited for 2 months for my parts in the last order....

the metal bid where the 90 degree arm is screwed onto is broken in half.....the tail rotor set bearing came out as well the last time...but i've replaced it with tarot and it worked fine...
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:51 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
yeah i had a bad experience with them once too and never bought from them again....it was just for reference. i waited for 2 months for my parts in the last order....

the metal bid where the 90 degree arm is screwed onto is broken in half.....the tail rotor set bearing came out as well the last time...but i've replaced it with tarot and it worked fine...
I just remembered something. Helipal.com has "tail gear holders" or what i call tail boxes for about $4 each. instead of $10 that most others charge.

Tarot probably has better parts, so your option is probably best if it works.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:08 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Do you guys have any idea where to order just the screw that goes through the bottom of the main shaft and auto gear on a v450? I appreciate the help.
I just found these, by gaui. M2x12 bolts for $3. The gaui bolts seem to rust easily though.

http://www.anythingheli.com/gaui-soc...aui-nx4-x4-x5/
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:43 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
finally got some time to fly , and the weather was nice ....please enjoy
walkera v450d01 3d feb 21 2013 (5 min 37 sec)

i have toned the pitch down a bit.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:04 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
finally got some time to fly , and the weather was nice ....please enjoy
http://youtu.be/Jni-yEyZBTs

i have toned the pitch down a bit.

Sweet, glad your back at it. What was it? You sneak all your stuff out before or during work?

It's looking good man. It actually looks smoother than mine right now. My servos are so damn jittery. It's past the point where anything can help them. So it wags and wobbles all over the place. Can't wait to get new servos. I'd love to get some MKS servos this time. But the good 450 size ones cost more than my X5's cyclic servos . I'll probably just get more Savox.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:30 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
Haha, i started work at 4 am which allowed me a 12 oclock fly time at my normal soccor fields.
Man it was very smooth, it was my first few flights since my resetup. Adjusting my servo horn and taking subtrim out made the difference , or im just getting better at doing this stuff.

Quote:
Sweet, glad your back at it. What was it? You sneak all your stuff out before or during work?

It's looking good man. It actually looks smoother than mine right now. My servos are so damn jittery. It's past the point where anything can help them. So it wags and wobbles all over the place. Can't wait to get new servos. I'd love to get some MKS servos this time. But the good 450 size ones cost more than my X5's cyclic servos . I'll probably just get more Savox.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:00 AM
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
Quote:

Hi any news about dfc ?

I'm thinking about try with this, it's low cost so we can try and see what happend

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Assembly.html
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:54 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Haha, i started work at 4 am which allowed me a 12 oclock fly time at my normal soccor fields.
Man it was very smooth, it was my first few flights since my resetup. Adjusting my servo horn and taking subtrim out made the difference , or im just getting better at doing this stuff.
Practice makes perfect and experience is just practice. Your probably getting better at both doing and understanding the way things work. Believe it or not. The BeastX system is easier to setup, but harder to understand. Because you have to learn how the setup programming works. But, there is a lot more options for setting up things like the servo horns at 90 without having to fidget with the position of the servo horn, physically. It's all done digitally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm View Post
Hi any news about dfc ?

I'm thinking about try with this, it's low cost so we can try and see what happend

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Assembly.html
Wow, that looks like a direct clone of the Align DFC rotor. I'm sure you will need to hybridize the servo linkage tips with V450 and Align type ball linkages. Other than that it should work fine. But the Geometry of the servo linkages will be off. Not a big deal.

I have not crashed yet to need a new rotor. I also have been "dumping", literally, dumping money into my 4f200 / V200D03 conversion. I'm sure it's all a waste of time and money. But i'll find out soon. Unless i break the rotor head, switching to a DFC rotor head might take me some time. Because after the V200 conversion, i still need to get some new servos for my V450s. It's flying very sloppy and i notice the tail bobbing up and down every once in a while or blade tracking going screwy on one side only. It's a real mess right now with jittery servos. So that will come first unless i crash and break the rotor. This current Walkera rotor has upgraded ABEC 3 bearings and proper spacers for the length of the Align FS. So it's nice and tight and not sloppy at all. But the servos..... What a mess.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:06 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
You fly so much ,u wear them out fast.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:12 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
You fly so much ,u wear them out fast.
I would wear them out fast if i was still using WK bearings. The Abec 3 bearings are much more reliable.

Measure and match sizes.
http://helidirect.com/abec3-bearings-c-1_95_97.hdx

My camera broke. The buttons are not working great anymore and the zoom does not work at all. I don't expect i will be getting a new one any time too soon.

V450BX - 3D on another windy day 1 - 02-21-13 (4 min 31 sec)

V450BX - 3D on another windy day 2 - 02-21-13 (4 min 53 sec)
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:04 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
V450BX - Ripping 3D @ Sundown - 02-23-13 (4 min 5 sec)

V450BX - Ripping 3D @ Sundown 2 - 02-23-13 (3 min 55 sec)

V450BX - Ripping 3D @ Sundown 3 - 02-23-13 (4 min 5 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 231 - 3D next to a rainbow (5 min 34 sec)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:26 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2012
197 Posts
Walkera V450 D01 Parts

Can anyone tell me where is the cheapest place to buy parts.

Also, what do they mean when they advertise the "New Red Version"

Thx

Laurence
166Valerio is offline Find More Posts by 166Valerio
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:47 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Yo IH, that's some really nice flying. I even like the sound of that Gaui. Afer I watched the video, I isolated a couple of pics because I thought it looked awesome. (Doctored it up a little, but I thought it was cool)
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA