HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2013, 05:12 PM
Once in a lifetime
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jan 2009
394 Posts
Discussion
goin' au natural to finish off a hlg

finishing a scratch built hlg and am debating about giving a couple coats of spray-on water based outdoor spar urethane finish on the wings and fus, and tailfeathers. Might put some stripe decals on the bottom like d-day stripes. I don't want to use monokote--

I saw other ideas about using colored tissue but exactly how they got it to adhere (I think they used thinned dope) seemed like it might add way too much weight.

any thoughts?

Daniel
danielphantom is offline Find More Posts by danielphantom
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:16 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,335 Posts
Fly it without first, all that extra stuff is just weight that will affect its gliding / thermalling ability.

BP
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,091 Posts
Man........that's a relief......I was afraid you had pics of model building in the buff!
Triggerhappy is offline Find More Posts by Triggerhappy
Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:19 PM
Once in a lifetime
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jan 2009
394 Posts
thanks for suggestion--I guess that would be the safest to try and see how it goes first... Just don't want any warping due to moisture absorption.
danielphantom is offline Find More Posts by danielphantom