SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:02 AM
bluefield va.
Joined Sep 2009
319 Posts
Question
Whats wrong with the older align 3g unit???

Hi guys I was wondering whats wrong with using the older 3g unit to go flybarless??? I was going to convert a raptor heli and can pick up one of these units for around 50 bucks.....Any info would be nice Thanks Chopper
grasschopper is offline Find More Posts by grasschopper
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:39 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,318 Posts
Its like most things. Some work fine, others just don't. You won't know if it will work until you try it out. It got a bad rap since most any other major brands flybarless units are expected to work better.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:22 AM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Make sure you download the 3g software from align and follow the setup to the letter and make sure your helicopter has as little vibration as possible. You should be fine.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:10 AM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
id pass and get a tarot zyx-s unit,there cheap,only need a sat,no receiver.and mines hit the ground hard dozens off time.i also have 2-IKON fbl controllers.for my type of flying/crashing
i cant tell the diff between the two.
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,496 Posts
for basic flying its fine
the tail isnt the greatest but it works
if you start pushing it youll see its limitations
which is what im running in to now and will replace it with a BeastX most likely

same with all the cloned FBL units they work but i wouldnt start trying to fly hard 3D with them

thats where things like the latest ver of the beast, Brain, iKON, Vbar start show why they cost more
also if your not using the gov on a Vbar, iKON, Brain your not using every thing you paid for

the Vbar gov is most amazing thing since fbl in the first place since the gov becomes part of the over all control loop
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
fbl unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
for basic flying its fine
the tail isnt the greatest but it works
if you start pushing it youll see its limitations
which is what im running in to now and will replace it with a BeastX most likely

same with all the cloned FBL units they work but i wouldnt start trying to fly hard 3D with them

thats where things like the latest ver of the beast, Brain, iKON, Vbar start show why they cost more
also if your not using the gov on a Vbar, iKON, Brain your not using every thing you paid for

the Vbar gov is most amazing thing since fbl in the first place since the gov becomes part of the over all control loop
you talking about the zyx,what limitations do you have.itll be a long time before im ready for 3d,but im not trying to achieve that,some of its ok,but i like loops and rolls and stuff like that.
im just starting to play aroung with the gov and self level features of the ikon,which is why i bought them
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3,496 Posts
for one the older 3G on my 500 has tail issues in hard 3D and the heli has some bobbling issues when inverted
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:49 PM
bluefield va.
Joined Sep 2009
319 Posts
Thanks guys Ill pass on the 3g for now and look at the zyx-s because the only 3d Im doing is loops,rolls and stall turns now...Im going to put this in a raptor with a rjx head and hope for the best...Thanks again chopper
grasschopper is offline Find More Posts by grasschopper
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3,496 Posts
imo the clones like the zyx are not any better its 6 of one half a dozen of another

spend the money get at lest a BeastX you can get them 120 bucks or LESS if you look on line used

there is no excuse to use a clone fbl controller any more