HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:01 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Well done, Stonecutter. Your shimmy skills are quite good. If Massive RC had a 20 second tv spot of that they'd sell millions in a year.
We appreciate the videos Stonecutter. I'm too busy to edit mine and have to put them up in raw form. It's funny as I was teaching a young salesman (13 year-old son of a friend) how to fly and learning pitch, roll, and yaw, it was easier for him to learn the controls by doing what you showed in the video, just skimming the ground.

Once of the problems he had was removing the battery. He finally got the hang of it, but not before breaking the wire internally. As a result, we're going to offer a free service of cutting the retaining tab bumps off the stock battery if you desire it for younger pilots. Just request it with your order, and we'll cut the bumps off. There's still plenty of friction to keep the connector in place.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Well done, Stonecutter. Your shimmy skills are quite good. If Massive RC had a 20 second tv spot of that they'd sell millions in a year.
Actually, there are no skils involved, the ground effect will cause the gyro to react that way. I thought everyone knew that.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:23 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
We appreciate the videos Stonecutter. I'm too busy to edit mine and have to put them up in raw form. It's funny as I was teaching a young salesman (13 year-old son of a friend) how to fly and learning pitch, roll, and yaw, it was easier for him to learn the controls by doing what you showed in the video, just skimming the ground.

Once of the problems he had was removing the battery. He finally got the hang of it, but not before breaking the wire internally. As a result, we're going to offer a free service of cutting the retaining tab bumps off the stock battery if you desire it for younger pilots. Just request it with your order, and we'll cut the bumps off. There's still plenty of friction to keep the connector in place.
Another benefit of cutting off the bumps or side tabs is you can use the same charger that you use for the v929, just make sure to match red wire with red wire (black with black) when plugging in.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:34 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Sometimes I think I got too much time on my hands. Other quads will shimmy in ground effect, but only the mp with the smiley face can get away with the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc6d_4VXsDM
The music match was great!!!
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
The music match was great!!!
The gyros are over-reacting...Turn the gyro gain down and the shimmy shimmy cocoa pop will disappear!!!......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:16 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Haha, definitely made me laugh out loud.

Another satisfied customer. Ordered my lipo's on Tuesday, they were shipped out Tuesday and arrived today. Love the fast service and not having the agony of waiting weeks and weeks on end. Thanks again MO

I've waited on some batteries/parts for so long from China, that I no longer had the plane/helicopter anymore by the time they arrived.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:29 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Working hard to get more stuff to come our way! I'm happy that you like our products and service. Happy flying my friend!

oh, and love the videos, stonecutter!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Dec 02, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
I did some further back-end optimization..............can someone check how fast it loads for them now please?
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:33 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Wow! Big improvement. It loaded in 3 seconds on Google Chrome, down from 10 seconds before.
Firefox = 3 seconds
Internet Explorer = 3 seconds
Safari = 2 seconds
Opera = 2 seconds

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
494 Posts
Quote:
I did some further back-end optimization..............can someone check how fast it loads for them now please?
The text is loading very quickly, but the graphics still seem a little slow.

:harry
harrye is offline Find More Posts by harrye
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Thanks guys, Harry what browser are you using?
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
494 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys, Harry what browser are you using?

Firefox

Loading in about one second right now.

:h
harrye is offline Find More Posts by harrye
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:24 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Loading quickly for me.

Even running quickly on full site on my phone.

I'm sure it's a relief to get that big hurdle out of the way.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Nice, thanks Harry

Got an external 808 cam vid uploaded. It's not as good as Stoncutter's but shows the fast circuits you can do with the Mini Pet.

I mounted my 808 to some gutted sunglass frames. I like it better than the cap mounting as I can get her in frame better.

Mini Pet 2.4 Ghz Quadcopter speed demon (2 min 0 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,657 Posts
Quote:
Nice, thanks Harry

Got an external 808 cam vid uploaded. It's not as good as Stoncutter's but shows the fast circuits you can do with the Mini Pet.

I mounted my 808 to some gutted sunglass frames. I like it better than the cap mounting as I can get her in frame better.
Time to upgrade to an 808 #16 V2-B or 808 #16 V2-D (Wideangle) for 720p HD and the ability to remove the (wrong) date.
See Tom Frank's threads on here for that or its almost-twin: the 808 #18
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan