HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:35 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I had trouble in attaching the Master CP manual, possibly because it is 32M. Anyway here it is

http://174.123.113.85/mastercp.pdf

Thanks zadaw for posting the user manual.
Someone here sent the manual to me a little while ago so I am all set.

It will be good to have the user manual to download you posted as
Walkera doesn't even have it on there site or anywhere else that I could find.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:38 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
I took the manual Can start reading before my Master CP arrives. Noticed on tracking it left Hong Kong today for its destination..
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
Does anyone know if the Tail Motor channel on the receiver can be used to control a rudder servo instead of the tail motor ESC?
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Even if it could. You need a tailassembly than also. Not sure if you can find one which will fit the Master CP.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:52 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
fw v1.0 with telemetry is out:
http://www.walkera.com/cn/soft_up/so...aster%20CP.zip

"Note:
1: Itís necessary to use the UP02 and UP02 adaptor for this upgrade steps.
2: The program provides two-way transmission function upgrade"
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Are there any other changes in the new firmware? Or only telemetry.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:03 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
I don't think these are changes, just the added telemetry.
They try to avoid the FCC procedure with releasing products which do not transmit. You upgrade it for your own risk, but using them that way might be illegal somewhere...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:05 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Ok, in that case the update is not important for me since I use the Devo 7.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:41 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
Maiden Flight Report

I finally had a chance to fly my Master CP today after having bought it for 9 days. I flew it at a field with tall grass which I don't normally use. The reason is that it is infested by S. American fire ants and that there is a water filled ditch nearby. But I was glad that I flew there because I had a few crashes.

The first thing I noticed when I powered it up was that the motor was quite quiet compared to my 250 and that the rotor did not spin at such as high speed. It was very stable on take and after doing a few circuits, I had enough confidence to go inverted straightaway. I did a number L and R inverted circuits as well as forward, backwards and side flips. I did not do loops and rolls as I did not want to do long circuits at that field. My type and style of flying was very similar to what my friend did in the Helipal video.

Firstly about the power of this heli. It feels somewhat at around the same level as the Mini CP but below that of the V120D02S. It is very far behind that of a Trex 250. Accordingly, I crashed the first time I tried to flip inverted as I did not apply enough collective. After that, things went smoothly as I was able to judge the collective needed. Basically, it just flew like a Mini CP. Somehow it was not as scary as a 250. The tail held very well throughout. As far as sports flying is concerned, there may have been a little bit of pitching up when coming out of L turns. I am not completely certain about this and will have to ask others to comment.

The forward flips were the easiest to do, followed by the backflips. It was easier to flip to the L than to the R. In fact, I had another crash when I mis-judged a half R flip. Otherwise, my only other crash was when I forgot to switch on the timer and the battery run out. But what was encouraging was that I was able to flip it upright seconds before it went down. Anyway, I had a total of 3 crashes onto long grass with no damage. The motor did get very hot but was about the same as that in the Mini CP. It did not take much time to cool down either.

So as far as flight performance is concerned, it is a very respectable job by Walkera. However, I would have to side with friend in saying that this heli is still under-powered despite having a 400 brushed motor. However I don't really have much expectations from this heli either. Just how can you compare this heli to a Trex 250 which costed 6 times as much? I don't think I will be using it as my everyday flier because I see little advantage of using it over the more powerful and responsive V120D02S. I certainly won't be pushing it as hard as the V120D02S as it is unlikely to be as durable.

If the durability of this heli proves to be good, then I think Walkera have done a great job.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 05, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:49 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Thnx for the review. This means it seems perfect for my style of flying. Not doing 3D but only practising circuits..
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:34 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
I finally had a chance to fly my Master CP today after having bought it for 9 days. I flew it at a field with tall grass which I don't normally use. The reason is that it is infested by S. American fire ants and that there is a water filled ditch nearby. But I was glad that I flew there because I had a few crashes.

The first thing I noticed when I powered it up was that the motor was quite quiet compared to my 250 and that the rotor did not spin at such as high speed. It was very stable on take and after doing a few circuits, I had enough confidence to go inverted straightaway. I did a number L and R inverted circuits as well as forward, backwards and side flips. I did not do loops and rolls as I did not want to do long circuits at that field. My type and style of flying was very similar to what my friend did in the Helipal video.

Firstly about the power of this heli. It feels somewhat at or above the level of the Mini CP but below that of the V120D02S. It is very far behind that of a Trex 250. Accordingly, I crashed the first time I tried to flip inverted as I did not apply enough collective. After that, things went smoothly as I was able to judge the collective needed. Basically, it just flew like a Mini CP. Somehow it was not as scary as a 250. The tail held very well throughout. As far as sports flying is concerned, there may have been a little bit of pitching up when coming out of L turns. I am not completely certain about this and will have to ask others to comment.

The forward flips were the easiest to do, followed by the backflips. It was easier to flip to the L than to the R. In fact, I had another crash when I mis-judged a half R flip. Otherwise, my only other crash was when I forgot to switch on the timer and the battery run out. But what was encouraging was that I was able to flip it upright seconds before it went down. Anyway, I had a total of 3 crashes onto long grass with no damage. The motor did get very hot but was about the same as that in the Mini CP. It did not take much time to cool down either.

So as far as flight performance is concerned, it is a very respectable job by Walkera. However, I would have to side with friend in saying that this heli is still under-powered despite having a 400 brushed motor. But I don't really have much expectations from this heli either. I don't think I will be using it as my everyday flier because I see little advantage of using it over the more powerful and more responsive V120D02S. I certainly won't be pushing it as hard as the V120D02S.

If the durability of this heli proves to be good, then I think Walkera have done a good job.
Could you comment on how flexible and the length of the blade is? Might wanna try the blade on Trex250...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:18 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
Could you comment on how flexible and the length of the blade is? Might wanna try the blade on Trex250...
It is basically the same length as the Trex 250 blades and about the same flexibility as the plastic blades. However, I would recommend against using them because they are black and hard to see. This was why I was reluctant to do long deep circuits today. In fact, I am thinking of using the Trex 250 blades on it.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:34 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
It is basically the same length as the Trex 250 blades and about the same flexibility as the plastic blades. However, I would recommend against using them because they are black and hard to see. This was why I was reluctant to do long deep circuits today. In fact, I am thinking of using the Trex 250 blades on it.
Oh... So it's main blade is not flexing like the MiniCP or v120d02s's main blade? I think I'll stay with 250's blade then...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:51 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
Thanks for the review zadaw
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
Oh... So it's main blade is not flexing like the MiniCP or v120d02s's main blade? I think I'll stay with 250's blade then...
The blades flex but not a whole lot...they have a carbon fiber core section and the plastic is formed around it. Seems like a good construction.

I'm still waiting on my batteries to come also, if things work out, mine will be brushless. I'm just not sure the motor I chose is going to fit.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt