SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
i cracked another canopy... darn flips are not working for me...
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi M,
Try these. They don't crack and protect the flight controller better than the original conopies: Foam canopies for Mini and Micro quads 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 21, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:47 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I see that many on rcgroups rate the Ladybird as number 1.

My question - is that with stock tx or more expensive Devo?

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi M,
Try these. They don't crack and protect the flight controller better than the original conopies: Foam canopies for Mini and Micro quads 101
Cheers,
Jim
The link doesn't work. I will try searching for it tonight.
Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:07 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I see that many on rcgroups rate the Ladybird as number 1.

My question - is that with stock tx or more expensive Devo?

regards . . . g
Even with the 2402d tx on the version 1 its a top notch flyer that outflies the micros I've flown. I have only owned the 2402d that comes with the version 1 and its awesome. Now I've heard the toy devo 4 that comes with v2 is pretty bad, which is sad because its such an awesome flyer. I've now personally owned 4 other micro quads in search of one that flies as well as the Walkera and have yet to find one that compares.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
M,
SBT here you go and the other link is fixed thanks!
Foam canopies for Mini and Micro quads 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
The link doesn't work. I will try searching for it tonight.
Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
+1
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Even with the 2402d tx on the version 1 its a top notch flyer that outflies the micros I've flown. I have only owned the 2402d that comes with the version 1 and its awesome. Now I've heard the toy devo 4 that comes with v2 is pretty bad, which is sad because its such an awesome flyer. I've now personally owned 4 other micro quads in search of one that flies as well as the Walkera and have yet to find one that compares.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Where can I get the v1 as bnf mode 2 for the cheapest price shipped to Canada? Thank you.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
Bang good has it for $59.95 free shipping. I am not sure about frozen noth of our boarder ?? just kidding .
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:30 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
I bought two RTF L/B V1 when Xheli had them real cheap. Bought V2 rtf from T-mart just to see difference. All are bound to Devo 7 and fly great. V1 flys a little nicer but V2 is still better than any clone in its class. Or any class .
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I bought two RTF L/B V1 when Xheli had them real cheap. Bought V2 rtf from T-mart just to see difference. All are bound to Devo 7 and fly great. V1 flys a little nicer but V2 is still better than any clone in its class. Or any class .
Ya but I wanted the firmware upgrading of the v1.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Where can I get the v1 as bnf mode 2 for the cheapest price shipped to Canada? Thank you.
Sorry to say but "Mode 2" is always relating to the Transmitter not the receiver
and a BNF comes without a transmitter
"Mode 2" means Throttle & Rudder "left stick" on TX
"Mode 1" means Throttle & Rudder "right stick" on TX

(Sorry for my post, but there is too much misunderstanding according to this)
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Sorry to say but "Mode 2" is always relating to the Transmitter not the receiver
and a BNF comes without a transmitter
"Mode 2" means Throttle & Rudder "left stick" on TX
"Mode 1" means Throttle & Rudder "right stick" on TX

(Sorry for my post, but there is too much misunderstanding according to this)
No problem. Just thought I should specify being I'm fairly green to all this, and don't know any better.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,739 Posts
Quote:
Yesterday after re-building/tuning, I was having a great-time hovering my V100D01 and CB100TH in my room successfully... w00p!! I then went to give my Ladybird some air-time, and practiced some backflips over my bed. I don't have much room to fly or recover in my room and managed to break a rear prop... that hasn't happened in awhiles!

I take-off into a low hover, give her a couple of THR pumps to get "the feel" then Give 'er THR for the back-flip.... a foot or two before the ceiling I pull back ELE... then immediately drop THR to let her rotate, then the hard-part.... "to recover gracefully" If I'm not precise.. it's easy to overcompensate the Pitch/Roll recovery... sending it into a crash! As I'm recovering Pitch/Roll from the Flip, I also have to give enough THR to recover from the drop, which is easy to give too much THR and have the Ladybird recover too much... slapping it's canopy against the ceiling. Once you understand the "steps" in your head... putting it into practise isn't thaaat difficult... just "practise practise" (i'd be faar better.. if I didn't procrastinate so much)

I also just programmed some Expo for ELE/AIL for HighRates on my Devo10, because my waaaay more heavy, powerful, lethal and spry X250 really needs it for sport flying, because I way bumped-up the stick scaling on my KK2 for Acro. flying and it's waaay twitchy on Gyro w/ HR.
I put some Expo in for my Ladybird too to try it out, but it doesn't need it half as much as my larger Quad.
Using Expo is nice option for those of you that find the Ladybird too sensitive, it will deaden the twitchiness around "center stick" making it easier to handle, however you will need a Devo7 or higher to be able to program the TX.

happy flights!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Yesterday after re-building/tuning, I was having a great-time hovering my V100D01 and CB100TH in my room successfully... w00p!! I then went to give my Ladybird some air-time, and practiced some backflips over my bed. I don't have much room to fly or recover in my room and managed to break a rear prop... that hasn't happened in awhiles!

I take-off into a low hover, give her a couple of THR pumps to get "the feel" then Give 'er THR for the back-flip.... a foot or two before the ceiling I pull back ELE... then immediately drop THR to let her rotate, then the hard-part.... "to recover gracefully" If I'm not precise.. it's easy to overcompensate the Pitch/Roll recovery... sending it into a crash! As I'm recovering Pitch/Roll from the Flip, I also have to give enough THR to recover from the drop, which is easy to give too much THR and have the Ladybird recover too much... slapping it's canopy against the ceiling. Once you understand the "steps" in your head... putting it into practise isn't thaaat difficult... just "practise practise" (i'd be faar better.. if I didn't procrastinate so much)

I also just programmed some Expo for ELE/AIL for HighRates on my Devo10, because my waaaay more heavy, powerful, lethal and spry X250 really needs it for sport flying, because I way bumped-up the stick scaling on my KK2 for Acro. flying and it's waaay twitchy on Gyro w/ HR.
I put some Expo in for my Ladybird too to try it out, but it doesn't need it half as much as my larger Quad.
Using Expo is nice option for those of you that find the Ladybird too sensitive, it will deaden the twitchiness around "center stick" making it easier to handle, however you will need a Devo7 or higher to be able to program the TX.

happy flights!
thanks for the advice and info. I managed a decent flip today viewing from the side. I almost recovered if the wall had not jumped out in front of me LOL. I'm finding viewing from the side also helps since this bugger flips so quickly.
I need to upgrade to a better TX. Kind of waiting to see what kind of specials i can find on the 7E or the Hoten X with better TX.