HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:40 AM
Joined May 2012
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Is there anyway for someone to know if their unit is one that would require being sent in? I guess you just give it a try, and if it fails, send it in?
You can just give it a shot - however the LEDs flash differently between them. The earlier one flashes red/green randomly for about a quarter of a second, the newer ones for a second or so alternating red to green.
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:28 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Mike,
I've been on this thread long enough that I should know the answer, but I'm still confused about V2 firmware compatibility.

I have the first V2 firmware (June 2012, The square box with the Dragon graphic, and the Rx with the backward channel numbering.)

You just sent me a new Tx board which is still on its way to me.
1) Will it have the newest firmware on it?
2) Will the newest Tx firmware work with the original firmware on my old V2 Rx's?
3) Are the oldest V2 Rx's user upgradable?
4) Is there any compelling reason to update the V2 Rx firmware?
5) When you start selling the firmware upgrade cables, with they work with:
a) Original V2 Tx's, or must they be sent in first?
b) V2 receivers, or will Rx's require a different f/w upgrade method than the Tx's?

Thank you for the clarification.
The board should be there by now. Hawaii is very far from here, but it is part of the US Let me know when you get it ! I never send out anything from here with old firmware, yes it has the newest and best on it

Everything should work together. The only thing that you can not do is to update any RX'es that were shipped before July 2013 yourself, these will need to be sent in to me. No special reason to do this though, the RX firmware has not had any significant changes other than to move the PPM to channel 12 instead of channel 9.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 06, 2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:55 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffa_Dan View Post
It wasn't the fact that he posted in this thread too early, it was the fact he uploaded his vid to YouTube in 2012...
Ha,

That video had been up for about 9 months, slightly outside the rules of the contest Making the videos is not work its fun !!! Just fly again and upload a new video every week until you win... Thats the great thing about this contest, if you are persistant you will eventually be able to win

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:35 AM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,370 Posts
Mike/anyone,

Just wanted to verify what channel the PPM stream is on this V1 Rx. I'm not sure if the V2 firmware update changes what channel it is on or not but it has it.

Normally I would just putz around with it but I'm trying (and failing) to get my DOSD going. I currently cannot get the TTL working so I'm forced to use the remote to gain access to the setup menu. I tried for a bit last night but could not get it to work.
Mike Freas is online now Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Mike/anyone,

Just wanted to verify what channel the PPM stream is on this V1 Rx. I'm not sure if the V2 firmware update changes what channel it is on or not but it has it.

Normally I would just putz around with it but I'm trying (and failing) to get my DOSD going. I currently cannot get the TTL working so I'm forced to use the remote to gain access to the setup menu. I tried for a bit last night but could not get it to work.
It is easy to find PPM...
Plug a Servo into CH9 and CH12 Which ever chatters is your PPM stream...

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:08 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Guy,

Your RX got put in the upgrades pile, and I found it when I completed the upgrades last weekend. It was repaired, and shipped back to you exactly one week ago. It should arrive to you any day now.

Mike
Mike

can you please give me the tracknumber of this parcel ?

thanks.
guy1a is offline Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:53 AM
a wild pilot
Joined Mar 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
how far you want to go? what freq?
Hi John, I was looking at 1.2/1.3 Ghz and I would like to be able to go at least 2 miles or so.
Thanks
vork22 is offline Find More Posts by vork22
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:58 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The board should be there by now. Hawaii is very far from here, but it is part of the US Let me know when you get it ! I never send out anything from here with old firmware, yes it has the newest and best on it

Everything should work together. The only thing that you can not do is to update any RX'es that were shipped before July 2013 yourself, these will need to be sent in to me. No special reason to do this though, the RX firmware has not had any significant changes other than to move the PPM to channel 12 instead of channel 9.

Mike
I assume you mean July 2012. Unless in addition to being an fpv genius you are also a time traveler.....
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:51 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
Dragon link frecquancy bands ??

Hi

I currently have the EZUHF ... and have found out that I have some noise in the 433 -438 mhz bands and above that it is clean .... so if only I can find a UHF system that can work in 438-440 ... that will be great .. and the good news is that TSLRS do have these higher band available ...

What about dragon link .. ??? Can I use the it in the 438-444 Mhz range ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:58 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vork22 View Post
Hi John, I was looking at 1.2/1.3 Ghz and I would like to be able to go at least 2 miles or so.
Thanks
RMRC 1258/1280 400mW VTX, inverted Vee antenna
RMRC 1258/1280 4ch VRX, optimized patch antenna -or- BiQuad antenna
DragonLink (any)

If it doesn't go at least 2 miles with full control then you've installed something wrong. This combo has been proven so many times it's redundant.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:58 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Hi

I currently have the EZUHF ... and have found out that I have some noise in the 433 -438 mhz bands and above that it is clean .... so if only I can find a UHF system that can work in 438-440 ... that will be great .. and the good news is that TSLRS do have these higher band available ...

What about dragon link .. ??? Can I use the it in the 438-444 Mhz range ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
There is a group of guys that fly Dragon Link over the Miami area, a city of 8,000,000 people, and it works perfectly, no interference, no issues, and no failsafes. In other words, you are worrying about a problem that does not exist. We have found the 433 frequency band to be very clean. Given your statement, I wonder if you are familiar with how much bandwidth systems occupy. You could see a list of may 10 stations in a certain band, and even tough it looks like a lot to you, they would occupy less than 1 % of the avaialbe band. Given that we use frequeny hopping, a few users on the band have zero effect on our system.

What will make a difference is the ease of use of the Dragon Link. You just turn it on and it works, every time. So the choice is yours, worry about a problem that does not exist, or concentrate on what is really important. Performance, and ease of use. Below are some examples of flying in a much harsher RF envoronment that most will ever fly in.

60'' Zephyr w/ GoPro Hero HD, Flown w/ Dragon Link (3 min 32 sec)

FPV HD Miami !!! Fly between Two Tall buildings, Only with FPV can you do this !!! (3 min 6 sec)

Mike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Feb 06, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:00 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Mike/anyone,

Just plug in a servo to channel 9 and then channel 12. Whichever one the servo chatters, or buzzes on is the channel with the PPM.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:04 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
I'm impressed ... so in other words .. you're telling me regardless of the noise in this band .. I'll still be able to reach the clouds ??... that is because of the good filteration or noise rejection techniques implemented in the DL .. and not found in other UHF systems ...

I really like how easy it sounds .. and I hope it is true .. well .. it seems to be the case

I need to make a decision quickly ... but t it is out of stock everywhere ...

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:11 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vork22 View Post
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
RMRC 1258/1280 400mW VTX, inverted Vee antenna
RMRC 1258/1280 4ch VRX, optimized patch antenna -or- BiQuad antenna
DragonLink (any)

If it doesn't go at least 2 miles with full control then you've installed something wrong. This combo has been proven so many times it's redundant.
Yep, easy 2 miles, EASY. Im going to hit 3 this weekend wx permitting with that setup, and my trusty Dragonlink V2!
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Mike if you could be so kind as to check your PM's for a request I sent you.
Thanks!
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused