HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:29 AM
Joined May 2011
37 Posts
Discussion
HELP 60A Eflite ESC!!!

Okay hers is what happened briefly,, I accidentally reversed the throt. while the ESC was engage and it ran up fast and furiously before I could shut it down. I smelled a lot of heat from the ESC and although I let everything rest, I am now not getting the musical tone after connecting the battery to the ESC. I do get the first tone and the 4 tones for my 4s lipo pack but then I do not get the arming music tones for ready power.

Could I have burned out the ESC? I believe that the reason I have all control surfaces working is because I am also running an external BEC.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
JW
jwheli is offline Find More Posts by jwheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:38 PM
United States, GA, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2008
53 Posts
Did you leave the throttle channel reversed after the test. Try reversing the channel. It must be set correctly for the motor to run. Take the prop off the motor during testing. Just running the motor, even in the the wrong direction, should not have caused excessive heat.
acrorc is offline Find More Posts by acrorc
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:30 PM
Joined May 2011
37 Posts
Eflite 60A ESC Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrorc View Post
Did you leave the throttle channel reversed after the test. Try reversing the channel. It must be set correctly for the motor to run. Take the prop off the motor during testing. Just running the motor, even in the the wrong direction, should not have caused excessive heat.
No probably not but when it hit the tread mill leg, the prop broke in half and continued to run with half a prop vibrating like nuts.
I did check the reverse settings and they are correct for the Futaba 10chg.

I have check over everything but still no music, only the tones for the cell pack and control surface ready. No motor.

Thanks for your input.
JW
jwheli is offline Find More Posts by jwheli
Old Jul 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,584 Posts
Chances are you smucked the esc.
Xanadu is online now Find More Posts by Xanadu