HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2010, 01:20 AM
GorillaGlue, Tape...I'm good
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
Discussion
Huge 73" Foam Cessna 182 (Tian Sheng EPO Cessna 182)

Has anyone bought, or seen one of these in person? This thing is almost 74" wingspan and it's EPO foam.

Does anyone know if they can ship this to USA and what would the cost be? I emailed them, but they haven't responded yet.

Tian Sheng EPO Cessna 182 Giant 1.8m wingspan Trainer (PNP)

Did I mention that this thing is huge (for a mass-produced foamie)?!
I_Gotts_Ta_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Gotts_Ta_Fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:45 AM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
^ stuff like that shipped from asia will arrive to cali, oregon, washington in one piece, but by the time it hits the inner or atlantic states, i bet it would be in ripped and bent pieces.
outngo is offline Find More Posts by outngo
Old Aug 22, 2010, 01:52 PM
West Palm Beach , FL, USA
Joined May 2001
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outngo View Post
^ stuff like that shipped from asia will arrive to cali, oregon, washington in one piece, but by the time it hits the inner or atlantic states, i bet it would be in ripped and bent pieces.
Why would you say that?
ARCHER7153 is offline Find More Posts by ARCHER7153
Old Aug 22, 2010, 05:14 PM
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
Well, the shipping from Australia to US cost as much as the plane, so the total would be close to $600 USD.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:48 AM
Valdres, Norway
Joined May 2009
45 Posts
You might wanna check out this norwegian site: www.throttlestore.com.
They ship world wide at the cost of 30 euros (at least that's what the site says at checkout). They have 3 versions. Empty kit, radio ready, and complete rtf. You will find it in: planes-> almost unbreakable.
I ordered the kit version yesterday. Will recieve it in a cpl of days.
Nitrouss is offline Find More Posts by Nitrouss
Last edited by Nitrouss; Aug 30, 2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:52 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,670 Posts
Looks fun.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:31 AM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
Man that makes my 182 look small . Seems like a well constructed plane though.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:29 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,298 Posts
I definately would buy one of these, but it probably would get destroyed in shipping.
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:10 AM
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrouss View Post
You might wanna check out this norwegian site: www.throttlestore.com.
They ship world wide at the cost of 30 euros (at least that's what the site says at checkout). They have 3 versions. Empty kit, radio ready, and complete rtf. You will find it in: planes-> almost unbreakable.
I ordered the kit version yesterday. Will recieve it in a cpl of days.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't believe it, so I emailed them and they assured me that they can ship it for 30 euros ($38USD). So, the receiver-ready version is about $240USD + $38 would be about $280.

Nitrouss: please report back when you get yours. I'd like to know the short-comings (if any) before I order one.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:58 AM
Valdres, Norway
Joined May 2009
45 Posts
Sure. I will have it tomorrow, so i'll give you a short report about how it looks as soon as i've opened the box. They have written a quite detailed list of things u might wanna change (norwegian site only). Google translate (not correctly translated, but i guess u'll understand Scroll down to construction tips :

http://translate.google.com/translat...NO&sl=no&tl=en

Edit: I'll buy servos and motor from hobbyking.com. Will the hxt900 servos do the job, or does this plane require more powerful servos? And i'm not sure wich motor/esc/battery to use... So many to choose from. Personally i think the Turnigy motors are very good... Any suggestions?
Last edited by Nitrouss; Aug 31, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 01:04 PM
Valdres, Norway
Joined May 2009
45 Posts
Recieved the plane today. It was well packed and arrived undamaged. The epo seems very strong and the finish is great. The manual isn't the best i've seen, but i guess u don't have to be a rocket scientist to assemble this plane anyway But i think i will do as suggested on the website (the translated one i linked) and mount the rudder servo and the elevator servos like they've done in the pics. Just to avoid those loooong pushrods. But then i'll need some servo cable extensions and an extra servo for the nose wheel. I'll post more tips as i start the building... Added some pics.

Last edited by Nitrouss; Sep 01, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 07:44 PM
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
I am drooooling as I look at these pictures.

I priced out the cost of buying the electronics from HobbyKing and it comes out a little cheaper by only about $20. So, I figure I'll get the RR version and save me the hassle of selecting the components and not having to worry about getting the correct motor or not.

I agree, it may be better with servos near the control surfaces rather than long rods.

I'm looking forward to more pictures and updates.

Thanks.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 05:07 PM
West Palm Beach , FL, USA
Joined May 2001
1,063 Posts
Wow!!!! Just what Ive been looking for.
ARCHER7153 is offline Find More Posts by ARCHER7153
Old Sep 03, 2010, 05:32 PM
Valdres, Norway
Joined May 2009
45 Posts
I'm away this weekend, but i'll start the building next week. Gotta wait for an order from hobbyking, so i'm not in a hurry, but i hope the plane will be ready for maiden in a week or two... Will post some pics as i progress
Old Sep 05, 2010, 11:51 AM
Lauderdale
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
Just wondering how long it would take to het one of these to the states...? They just seem to have the one shipping option at checkout. And saw picks with the floats but no option to add them to cart. Would really want those to go with it. Great price for the striped version got a nice little order from hobbycity that would go great with it. Looking forward to vids and alot more pics on how strong it is and how it flys please
NillSpace is offline Find More Posts by NillSpace