HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2015, 12:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
I tried 4s with 7x5 but struggle too much with torque roll
Have you done anything to counter roll on yours ?
The 7" APC sport props that everyone seems to love so much are very heavy. They all suffer from significant torque roll. In fact, nearly all of my launch crashes were related to torque roll on the APC sport props. I eventually stopped using them.

The best 4S and 5S prop for going fast is actually the stock prop. If you want more thrust and you have an 80+amp ESC, get an Aeronaut 7x7. It's an extremely light carbon prop that has no torque roll issues and better thrust than the sport props. I've been using one of them on 4S for over a year now. Pulls a little over 1100w static and is good for not just unlimited vertical, but some very spirited unlimited vertical, and around 120mph level flight. Good batteries are obviously a must.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Last edited by AWDstylez; Jan 05, 2015 at 12:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2015, 12:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,683 Posts
Thanks
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Jan 08, 2015, 01:55 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kirkby in Ashfield
Joined Aug 2008
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
Glue it if you don't crash often. The magnets are poorly secured and fall off. If you don't pay attention to them detaching one by one, you eventually lose the nose in flight. I've had mine glued for a year without issue. The magnets actually don't reduce crash damage. If you stuff it on launch, the fuse still gets compressed. Conversely, I lost a prop in flight one time after I had glued the nose and had one shot to make a landing on a windy day. Ended up flying the plane to the ground rather than truly landing it. It skidded a good 100ft across a parking lot at 50+mph, hit the curb on the side of the nose, then launched into the air and hit a plastic fence. The nose stayed attached and only suffered some deep scuffs. Rest of the plane was fine.
+1 on this. Iv glued my nose on as iv lost a few coming out of dives or real tight turns and asd Awd said, it still damages the fuse on a crash anyway. And I also dont like the 7" sport props, iv had good success with the apc 6.5x6.5 pylon props on 4s.
neilbooth is offline Find More Posts by neilbooth
Last edited by neilbooth; Jan 08, 2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 02:52 PM
...the stunt double
Joined Jan 2007
174 Posts
Does anyone have any experience putting an AR636 in the F27Q?
Wanting to do this, have the AR636, but a bit paranoid about the setup
Ron Jeremy is offline Find More Posts by Ron Jeremy
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:02 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
Does anyone have any experience putting an AR636 in the F27Q?
Wanting to do this, have the AR636, but a bit paranoid about the setup
I think it would be awesome. Set up shouldn't be too bad. I think it would make launch a ton easier.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member