Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by gonzalito
Argentina, Cordoba, Villa Marķa
Joined Feb 2012
55 Posts
Discussion
Fpv googles lenses question

Good mornig everyone,

I just got my new lcd screen (20 bucks in banggood with a super delayed auto off) for my newly homemade fpv system and what I was thinking is, do I really need to use the fresnel lens?

What do they actually do? Do they help relaxing your eyes?
gonzalito is offline Find More Posts by gonzalito
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by Hajile
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalito View Post
Good mornig everyone,

I just got my new lcd screen (20 bucks in banggood with a super delayed auto off) for my newly homemade fpv system and what I was thinking is, do I really need to use the fresnel lens?

What do they actually do? Do they help relaxing your eyes?
They just do what any magnifying glass does, they make the screen look bigger.

These aren't like the lenses you see in fatshark goggles. Those are specifically designed to change the focal point of your eyes so you can look at something an inch away from your eyeballs.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
Old Today, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by wazoo22
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
They just do what any magnifying glass does, they make the screen look bigger.

These aren't like the lenses you see in fatshark goggles. Those are specifically designed to change the focal point of your eyes so you can look at something an inch away from your eyeballs.
They won't work without some lens to change the focal point--same as with the lenses in the goggles, just less extreme.
Try it. Nothing lost. But imagine looking at a picture as close as that screen. Dead eyes very soon, if you could focus at all on the image.
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22
Old Today, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Hajile
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
5,152 Posts
That's interesting. I admit, i haven't used the quanum goggles myself but afaik, the early box goggles didn't have lenses.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile