Old Aug 19, 2015, 08:14 PM
Find More Posts by MrSatoV
Trying to make sense of it all
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama
Joined Oct 2009
762 Posts
Discussion
Relationship between cells/volts and C rating

Is there a chart or something somewhere that shows power output, in terms of thrust maybe, for different cell batteries with different C ratings? More specifically, different cell counts for a given C rating. Like how much thrust was output using a 3S 35C battery compared to a 4S 35C battery.

Or, maybe something far less complicated. Someone could give their experience with it, both in terms of performance, as well as flight times.

Maybe the reason behind my question would help clarify what I'm looking for. I currently am using 3S 1500mAh 30C batteries, on a 250 using 2204 2300kv motors and 6045 props. I'm trying to figure out what 4S battery to get that would give more power, but as match my 3S batteries as close as possible in terms of weight, size, and flight times. I don't mind to lose a little flight time, and I know I'll have to end up with a little more weight, but I want to keep those losses to a minimum without ending up with too similar performance.

I see most racers - like at nationals - used 4S 60C and higher batteries - FinalGlide had 70C? I'm not that level pilot, so I'm thinking that C rating isn't necessary yet for me, and a lower C means a lower cost, which is also important to me.
MrSatoV is online now Find More Posts by MrSatoV
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2015, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by MrSatoV
Trying to make sense of it all
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama
Joined Oct 2009
762 Posts
Weird, when I searched I didn't find threads about this topic, which I thought couldn't be right. Turns out, it isn't right. No sooner I hit post, I see the "similar threads" section below, and yep, the info is already there, just like I thought it should be. So... nevermind, I'm closing this thread. XD
MrSatoV is online now Find More Posts by MrSatoV