SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 19, 2015, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by JesseK
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
Discussion
V911 tail motor mount reinforcement, or guard?

So I've recently become a V911 enthusiast. I've dis-assembled and assembled them, and done a few easy store bought mods, so I've got the gist of them, but no homemade mods yet.

Having crashed all of them countless times I've found out how tough they are. The blades, canopy, and skids have been indestructible so far. The only damage I've sustained repeatedly is snapping the tail motor mount on tail impact crashes, which will happen, I see no way of avoiding this other than boringly cautious flying, fate will have some crashes be tail first.

On especially hard ones the wires are sheared off flush at the end of the tail boom thus can't be accessed and soldered back to the motor. On the V911's where the boom is glued to the frame I end up replacing frame and boom. Screw mount booms are MUCH easier. However, I'd like to prevent rather than repair this problem, if possible.

So I'm assuming others have encountered this and created tail guard and/or reinforcement solutions?

My first idea was just a sacrificial toothpick CA glued at the end to absorb impact and break instead of the motor mount, however I expect others have found more elegant solutions???

Thanks!
JK
JesseK is offline Find More Posts by JesseK
Last edited by JesseK; Jul 19, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2015, 01:57 AM
Find More Posts by SergGrey
Russia, Krasnodar Krai, Krasnodar
Joined May 2015
23 Posts
For the V931 I did: a paper clip and glue.
Maybe something like that can come up and v911?
SergGrey is offline Find More Posts by SergGrey
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by JesseK
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
Looks good, thanks!
JesseK is offline Find More Posts by JesseK