New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by sweet s
United States, MI, Lapeer
Joined Jan 2014
124 Posts
Help!
looking for a 39" foamy

lost my 32" foamy in the top of a apple tree. looking for a 39" 3d fpp foamy. what do you think? value hobby, wmpf, fancy foam, twisted hobby, or something else. and why. thank you in advance. dennis
sweet s is offline Find More Posts by sweet s
Last edited by sweet s; May 13, 2015 at 07:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2015, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,814 Posts
I have Prime from V/H and nice kit. Cost is $35.00 not bad at all. There is shipping cost. Their motors esc's/ servos are very well priced and bundle makes up for shipping big time. The others the kits are much more.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old May 12, 2015, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
441 Posts
I can't tell you how much I like the 39 inch Crack Yak. Easy to hover. Very stable and fast roll rate. I also handles the wind too. Come to Joe Nall and I will let you fly it this week.
Benton

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/RCF-39-...k-55-Green.htm
Benton3dflying is offline Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old May 13, 2015, 06:52 AM
Joined Jan 2014
124 Posts
yea value is alot cheaper. called to order, person on phone doesn't fly. just a order picker. no help on placing order. if i didn't know what parts i wanted, he was to busy filling orders to help me. and hung up on me. called back in hope of getting some one else. got same kid. once i said hello, he hung up again. good prices aren't worth POOR customer service !!!
Old May 13, 2015, 06:58 AM
Joined Jan 2014
124 Posts
so whats the difference in twisteds 39" yak 55, edge 540, and the extra 330? is color the only difference? all use the same power combo?
Old May 14, 2015, 01:58 AM
Find More Posts by Dermensch
Joined May 2014
274 Posts
No they are not the same models with different colours. What ive seen the extra and the edge are very similiar but the yak i an complete other design. The twisted foamies are excellent. Had an edge for a long time and flown the yak from a good friend. Right now i have a Flash here(wich is an older Twisted/RC Factory bird). All flew real cool and made a lot of fun

Here my actual Flash

RC Factory Flash D (4 min 4 sec)
Dermensch is offline Find More Posts by Dermensch
Old May 14, 2015, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by dustyhusky
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Feb 2011
20 Posts
I love my 39" Crack yak. Makes the 32" flat wing planes feel like the indoor planes they are. I was a bit apprehensive at first, but after the maiden flight I was hooked. Perfect size and weight for flying outside in small spaces.
dustyhusky is offline Find More Posts by dustyhusky
Old May 15, 2015, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by ahicks
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
2,164 Posts
Hummer. Value sells them as well, but also available through Hobbyking. Hard to beat bucks spent for bang received.
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks
Old May 15, 2015, 12:53 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet s View Post
yea value is alot cheaper. called to order, person on phone doesn't fly. just a order picker. no help on placing order. if i didn't know what parts i wanted, he was to busy filling orders to help me. and hung up on me. called back in hope of getting some one else. got same kid. once i said hello, he hung up again. good prices aren't worth POOR customer service !!!
I have not delt with them on phone. I have ordered about eight times over last couple of years. I got what i ordered. One servo was bad and they took care of it. You might have gotten wrong person at bad time. i did not care much about bum servo just what they would do. They fixed issue. Prices for 39" are impossible to beat. Prime kit like hummer is very nice. Lazer cut wood/ nice wheels etc. Carbon rods alone are close to what i paid for kit. o as you may as bad dealing on phone going to cost if buy something else. Crack Yak 39" is over $100.00. / V/H $35.00
Old May 15, 2015, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by ahicks
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
2,164 Posts
Value sells at a price, and they send you what you order. What they don't have, is somebody to hold your hand while you put an order together.....

If you need a hand there, just give a shout out here for some opinions.
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks
Old May 15, 2015, 03:10 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,814 Posts
I do not see reason to call as go online and order. They show item in stock.
32" kit/ motor/ esc'/prop/ servos/ shipping little over $60.00. glue a few mior misc. items and battery about $70.00 for a flying 3 D model. Crack Yak kit with L/G is $75.00 just for kit. Twisted Hobbys motor is $30.00 esc similar/ servo etc. Yes maybe better cookie cutter but i'll take V/H bird at least for now.
Old May 16, 2015, 07:24 AM
Joined Jan 2014
124 Posts
ID was stolen over a year ago. don't order nothing on computer. if lhs don't have it, or i can't order by phone. i go else where. only if i feel safe do i spend money. don't ever want to feel like that ever again.
Old May 16, 2015, 09:30 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,814 Posts
Point well taken and sorry about problem. They should hang those involved with such sleezy crimes.
Old May 18, 2015, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by RonJ
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,727 Posts
I have several 3D profile foamies. Current favorite is the TH Inferno...if it is indoors or no wind. Will hover hands off and is a delight to fly. Also like my TH Pitts, again in light wind conditions. The TH beaver is fun and handles light wind better. For wind, I like the TH 48" SBach. The TH line is hard to beat.

My latest is a Rebel Z from http://lightrc.com/.. Very happy with the material and capabilities of this plane. The EPP is very stiff and the design allows for what I call RADICAL 3D performance.
With the recommended set up and throws this thing is amazing.

Just watch McDDD's video.
Rebel Z Unedited (7 min 1 sec)

It has found a permanent place in my mini-van.

RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Last edited by RonJ; May 18, 2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old May 18, 2015, 08:06 PM
Joined Jan 2014
124 Posts
well i did it..... ordered a th green 39" crack yak 55. just hope it flys as good as everybody says it does. also got the power combo too.