HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2015, 02:02 PM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
312 Posts
Moto (or anyone else)
Is the change from "normal" esc's to the ones that are synchronized to PWM such a difference when using multiWii? I've found the theory (from felix) http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2729 and think I understand it but I can't cross the mental barrier (stepping from normal $6 esc's (with SimonK) to € 18 esc's...
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2015, 02:41 PM
Herd WarpSquad
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Dec 2012
1,354 Posts
MultiWii works as well as any other option with synced ESCs. In addition to synchronization, the 250uS max pulse width gets the speed setting to the ESC faster too. The difference with synced PWM and active braking that the KISSes provide is very significant on MultiWii.

There are alternatives to the KISSes, like BLHeli which supports oneshot and active braking on cheaper ESCs. But that may require flashing the ESCs and tweaking settings, whereas the KISSes work out of the box.

But whether that's worth the impact to your pocketbook is a decision only you can make.
Moto Moto is online now Find More Posts by Moto Moto
Old Mar 09, 2015, 04:17 PM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
312 Posts
Thanks Moto I'll take a look into blheli (it will fit on my $6 esc's)
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen