HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:23 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
New Product
Plantraco ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car

If you like Micro RC cars, or Table Top Truck Trials vehicles, but have been wishing for the ability to maneuver at slow speeds, you are going to like our New ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car.

They are really small, but unlike zip zaps or Q Steer or the usual $20.00 bubble car toys that have been available for a while, these have precision servo controlled rack and pinion steering, and a nice high reduction gearbox for the drive wheels that enables you to crawl along at really slow speeds if desired. Ideal for scale driving, or with modifications, you can have a TTTT for rock crawling over a 1/87 scale HO diarama.

I'm sure the modelling community is going to like what they see in this, our latest product. I hope you will have a look at it:

Check videos at http://zenwheels.com/video.html

or
Introducing ZenWheels Micro Car - iPhone Controlled Bluetooth RC Car (2 min 41 sec)

ZenWheels iPhone RC Micro Car at the Beach! (0 min 58 sec)

Download the free app - it will allow you to check out the control interface - complete with adjustments for trim, exponential, linear. And of course it also has some joystick controls and even accellerometer based "tilt steering" controls.

There are more features than you can shake a stick at, but my personal favorite is probably the autocross timing gate system which enables you to have time trials around the included cones, (or beer mugs etc.), and see who is the best driver!

Order at:
http://zenwheels.com
or
http://microflight.com
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Plantraco; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:22 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
The free app can be downloaded here:

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/zenwh...496959473?mt=8

You can check out the interface before you buy. I think you will like it
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,048 Posts
will there be any trucks/crawlers in the future?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:18 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
will there be any trucks/crawlers in the future?
ZenWheels could be a fine TTTT crawler truck platform I think. It's like a ready to run TTTT in some ways.

The wheels are already a bit larger than scale size.

For cosmetics, you can pop on a cover and go. But for performance, some changes would be good right?

It is rear wheel drive.

Also, we have a safety slip clutch in the rear transmission that can limit the amount of torque before slippage occurs. For doing rock climbing, you may want to deactivate this safety mechanism.

It's possible to make a 4WD system, but I looked at it and was leaning towards all metal parts - just like the way TTTT (Table Top Trials Trucks) are hand built today. I'd do it for the love of it!

But first, can you help us sell about 20,000 pcs of the ZenWheels cars first? Thanks!
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:28 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,048 Posts
Ok

I think many people would likely mod.

I can try and help sell some, do you need anyone to do a review?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Yeah, reviews are great - especially if we can get a real R/C'er to post something on YouTube and point out to the viewers that these are not zip zap bubble cars. That's the big challenge I see right now. People look at them and think they've "seen one, seen em all".

I think as more of these get out into the hands of our fans, there will be more YouTube videos showing how they drive precisely.

If you can help, that's awesome.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:32 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,048 Posts
I'll pm you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantraco View Post
Yeah, reviews are great - especially if we can get a real R/C'er to post something on YouTube and point out to the viewers that these are not zip zap bubble cars. That's the big challenge I see right now. People look at them and think they've "seen one, seen em all".

I think as more of these get out into the hands of our fans, there will be more YouTube videos showing how they drive precisely.

If you can help, that's awesome.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:40 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
I'll pm you
OK - I cleared off some messages in my Inbox, it was full with 200 messages lol.

ALSO we are giving some of these away - actually a lot of them! like 25 of them. We want to get the word out and are hoping people will notice that they are a bit special and not just another chinese bubble car. We make em in China, but they are designed with love for precision driving by R/C!

We have a Facebook "Like" raffle thing going on. If you like our Facebook page, you get an entry to the raffle and a robot is going to pick the winners on Dec 17th, 2012 or something.

Here is a link - not sure it will work though http://www.facebook.com/plantraco/app_228910107186452

Let me know if this works. I would suggest everyone sign up - at the moment, the odds of winning appear to be like 1 in 5!
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,048 Posts
Lol

Message sent
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:26 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,048 Posts
I'm getting excited to do laps with this baby on my office desk lol
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:20 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
I'm getting excited to do laps with this baby on my office desk lol
Yeah great!

Try driving with low throttle - you can maneuver at really slow speeds. This is one of the main features of the the ZenWheels - they can maneuver like a real car, unlike most R/C cars that favor high speeds only, with poor control of the low range. (rock crawlers being the exception to this).

PS - make sure baby doesn't swallow the car or chew on the wheels! There are small parts and it could be a choking hazard. The ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car is intended for kids aged 11 and up It's more of an executive toy, or a TTTT R/C'er type car.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:50 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,048 Posts
Lol

Okay will do

App is already downloaded and have been playing around with it

Any plans to make these android usable also?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:40 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Lol

Okay will do

App is already downloaded and have been playing around with it

Any plans to make these android usable also?

Plans for Android version, yes! But I hesitate to promise a release date.

The ZenWheels app for iPhone is here:

http://zenwheels.com/free-app.html

An Android version of the app may be forthcoming and would be posted on the above link when we have information about the release

Android app for ZenWheels Micro Car is an issue I have been discussing at Plantraco internally.

It's a bit of work to do so as I am sure you can appreciate.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:39 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,048 Posts
Okay thanks
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:10 AM
Illonois
Joined Oct 2007
427 Posts
I dislike apple phones/tablet there just a big fad thats over price and no changes with each FW update. unlike android where you can do so much more. but yes if there was a one for Android ill be happy to order one these cars look fun.

Any chance of a 4x4 in the future?
LexusIS300 is offline Find More Posts by LexusIS300