oh yeah
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,947 Posts
I don't know if anyone has found a place to buy the little ME-163 yet or not? GP125 and I managed a couple 4S flights on it this afternoon. We used a 4S 1000mAh LiPo on the first flight and it started pulsing early on in the flight. We switched to a 4S 1800mAh on the next flight, thinking maybe the smaller battery just could not keep the power system happy? But it too pulsed early into the flight. So I have a feeling the ESC needs to be upsized a little. There is absolutely no provisions for cooling on this one. We may need to cut a few small NACA style ducts in the nose? I shot video on the second flight and will try to edit a little teaser down. She IS fast on 4S and eerily quiet? GP did a great job keeping this small bullet flying. It sure can test your orientation skills!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
I don't know if anyone has found a place to buy the little ME-163 yet or not? GP125 and I managed a couple 4S flights on it this afternoon. We used a 4S 1000mAh LiPo on the first flight and it started pulsing early on in the flight. We switched to a 4S 1800mAh on the next flight, thinking maybe the smaller battery just could not keep the power system happy? But it too pulsed early into the flight. So I have a feeling the ESC needs to be upsized a little. There is absolutely no provisions for cooling on this one. We may need to cut a few small NACA style ducts in the nose? I shot video on the second flight and will try to edit a little teaser down. She IS fast on 4S and eerily quiet? GP did a great job keeping this small bullet flying. It sure can test your orientation skills!
Will it fly on 3S?
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd View Post
Will it fly on 3S?

Sure, it is just like the others in this series. We flew it on 3S for the maiden.
Old Today, 12:58 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,947 Posts
A little video of the ME-163 on 4S ... the first full throttle pass is the best speed-wise. It is before the ESC begins to pulse. After a few minutes of flight, we think the ESC is overheating. So, next outing we will upsize it. Credits to GP125 for great piloting! And to Chip for videoing the launch!

Techone Hobby ME-162 Kraftei (2 min 41 sec)
Old Today, 04:00 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,283 Posts
nice! here's more about the plane I found on the tube

history of the Komet, and talking about the model
Techone Hobby - Kraftei ME163 (6 min 58 sec)

maiden
Techone Hobby - ME-163 Maiden Flight (3 min 5 sec)
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Old Today, 08:34 AM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,461 Posts
Where can we but it?!? My fingers are confused, they are looking for "buy button" and can't find it.
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Today, 01:48 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2013
281 Posts
Cheap 'n' easy hi viz

Picture says it all. One 'coat' covers quite well.

It's a little transparent but should help with 'which way's it going syndrome'
Woooody is online now Find More Posts by Woooody
Old Today, 02:15 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
A little video of the ME-163 on 4S ... the first full throttle pass is the best speed-wise. It is before the ESC begins to pulse. After a few minutes of flight, we think the ESC is overheating. So, next outing we will upsize it. Credits to GP125 for great piloting! And to Chip for videoing the launch!

https://vimeo.com/123592422
that thing screams!!!! Love it!!
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33