HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:48 PM
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Discussion
WlToys V933 or Hisky HCP80

Hi all guys
I'me coming from a V911 after some experience with coaxial heli also and now I want to move to 3D CP micro heli.
I've selecetd two options from bangood

http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V933-...F-p-73620.html
and
http://www.banggood.com/HiSKY-HCP80-...-p-920251.html

I want I micro that I can use to leard 6-axis and 3D. I have two 911 and some quad for indoor, so I'm not interested in that.
Price is of course something I consider for the final decision, and v933 is much cheaper but whereI'm lost, is comparing the transmitter features.
I know that X-6S has some "programming" capabilities, after having read some reviews I think I undestand that it's possible to change the control and gyro response curve to make the heli more/less reactive and/or more/less stable.
Is that? And on the other hand is the V933 transmitter not capable to do so?
I woule be glad if someone could point out some comparision, in terms of the performances I can get from the combo heli+transmitter and also future reuse of the transmitter with other heli
Thanks!
Menion is offline Find More Posts by Menion
Last edited by Menion; Dec 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 02:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,050 Posts
Firstly only the hcp80v2 will have 6 axis ,the v933 is a re brand of the hcp80v1 so if you want accelerometers then you need the hcp80v2, the x6s transmitter can be adjusted for limiting end points of servo travel and expo and a few other thing's but not gyro gain unfortunatly ,it is however hugely superior to the wltoys transmitter .
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio
Old Dec 21, 2014, 03:17 PM
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Ok thank you.
Another question regarding the remote, I see that the HCP80v2 is sold with the X-6s or H-6, the latter is cheaper. What are the differences between the two?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 05:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,050 Posts
The x6s is slightly larger but the h6 can fly the latest hisky heli's and the current x6s cannot ,a new version of the x6s will be out soon but not yet .
Old Dec 22, 2014, 03:07 AM
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Ok thanks again.
But since the H-6 (packaged with the HCP-80) is a way cheaper than the X-6S combination, are there any other relevant differences rather than the size?
Or it's the (usual) problem with banggood where they apparently leave old packages and old price available so the people get confused?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 04:57 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,050 Posts
That's odd but as far as I know size is the bid difference ,looking at it you can get the v2 h6 combo cheaper than the v1 x6s combo and its only slightly cheaper to get the v1 h6 combo ,I'd guess that in you're place I'd get the v2 h6 combo unless you have large hands ,do you find the v911 transmitter too small ? Oh and just to confuse you further the upgrade for the x6s has just come out priced at 65 pence so it can now fly all the new hisky heli's as well .
Old Dec 22, 2014, 05:48 AM
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Yes it's confusing enough. One step back: if we exclude the assembly quality, how is the Wltoys V933 remote compared to the hisky in terms of features? Looking at the manuals I think I would be much more a mode 4 pilot because of the way the FPS games are controlled, in fact some time I still confuse rudder with airlon
Old Dec 22, 2014, 06:10 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,050 Posts
There is no way of adjusting the controlls on the wltoys transmitter other than the pre programmed dual rates ,both the x6s and the h6 are fully programable/adjustable to you're skill level ,when you move on to cp heli's a programmable transmitter becomes so much more of a nescesity than with fixed pitch heli's ,believe me you'll want to dumb down the controll's moving from a v911 to the hcp80 even the v2 will be a hand full ,that's not being rude about you're flying ,its the same for everybody ,you'd really regret not getting the better transmitter.
As for mode 4 ,that's going to come back to haunt you eventually ,mode 2 is almost universally used so it's best to adapt to it sooner than later ,a lot of heli's simply are not sold with transmitters for mode 4 and you'd have to perform surgery to make them mode 4 ,of course it depends on how far you take the hobby ,once you move onto bigger birds then you'd be using a high quality stand alone transmitter ,receiver and servo's and just buy the airframe etc all as separate parts but most micro's use a unique transmitter for that heli or brand of heli's.
Last edited by dadio; Dec 22, 2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 06:26 AM
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Ok, thank you for the valuable info
I think I'm going to buy an HCP80 probably with the X-6s transmitter and since it's so cheap the adapter for the HCP100. Doing so I have a good transmitter and I can also fly the V933 if I want to go for a cheaper body
Thanks again!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 07:27 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,050 Posts
You're very welcome , I love the hcp80 I hope you do to .
Old Dec 22, 2014, 03:47 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
588 Posts
Hi there.
Would the HCP80 or the HCP100 be the better 1st Cp heli ?
or a newer 6axis stabilization heli ?
Cheers
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Dec 22, 2014, 04:36 PM
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
But I have to wait, it seems that in banggood the HCP80 version 2 is available only with the H-6 transmitter
Old Dec 22, 2014, 04:54 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menion View Post
But I have to wait, it seems that in banggood the HCP80 version 2 is available only with the H-6 transmitter
are you in the US?
In this case, this is the best deal on X6-S I know.

then you go and order the "upgrade board" at BG for 99cents

... and the RTF HCP80V2 and resell the TX ... ???

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: and again ...
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:22 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Hi there.
Would the HCP80 or the HCP100 be the better 1st Cp heli ?
or a newer 6axis stabilization heli ?
Cheers
It would really depend on what you are flying now ,if we assume you are flying a v911 then you would be better off with 6 axiss stabilization but best to choose one that can have the accelerometers switched off ,once you are more confident with a cp you'll want to switch off the accelerometers as they hold you back when stunt flying .
If you are already flying a flybarless fixed pitch such as the hfp100 or similar heli then you 'probably don't need 6 axis stabilization to begin with ,it really helps when transitioning from a flybar heli to a flybarless heli but not so much between flybarless fixed pitch to flybarless cp heli's .as to an 80 or 100 ,the 100 will be more docile in flight but having more mass will take more damage when crashed ,the 80 is more sporty/twitchy in flight so a bit harder to fly but is so light it takes a lot less damage when you crash .
Old Dec 24, 2014, 05:11 AM
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
are you in the US?
In this case, this is the best deal on X6-S I know.

then you go and order the "upgrade board" at BG for 99cents

... and the RTF HCP80V2 and resell the TX ... ???

No, I live in Italy, so I have to wait for banggood. The customer care answered to my question, the version 2 BNF should become available in one month