New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by chuckwww
Joined May 2015
9 Posts
Discussion
Radian receiver crap out?

So I had this super nice (my longest) flight yet this afternoon as I'm finally getting pretty confident at flying the Radian glider (non-Pro).

I had a nice soft landing, but then I couldn't put it up again. Seemed that the AR500 receiver may have stopped working. That's just my hunch. No blinking light when I apply power, but the servos chatter for a second and the LED flickers quickly. During this testing, I've also unplugged the servo lines altogether, with no blinking light as to be expected when power is applied to the receiver unit. I've also tried going through the rebinding process, but it just ignores me. Meaning, no blinking LED's.

I suppose I should just order another receiver because it sounds likely and at least that would rule out other components (?). Funny how the flight went well, and then sudden failure.

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas.

Chuck Wyatt
Holliston, Mass.
chuckwww is offline Find More Posts by chuckwww
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by U2Steve
Now with more COWBELL!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Mar 2001
814 Posts
No blinking could also mean no power, which means also check the ESC and battery. Do you have a voltmeter?
U2Steve is offline Find More Posts by U2Steve
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by chuckwww
Joined May 2015
9 Posts
Just to follow-up on this, it was actually a receiver failure. Once replaced, all is well.
chuckwww is offline Find More Posts by chuckwww