HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2014, 08:12 PM
Frozen Flyer
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Joined Feb 2009
107 Posts
Discussion
Broken tail slider on HK450?

Hi, just working on assembling my HK450 GT and after bench testing it out the tail struck the wall while at about half throttle. Now the tail slider is disconnected. There is a brass sleeve that looks like its fitted into a metal slider part. I'm still a nub and don't have the correct terminology for these parts. I've attached a photo to help. Basically when the servo moves to push the tail rod the slider moves moves out ward but won't pull the slider back towards the boom since but the connection broke so the tail pitch doesn't change.

I assume this has happened to other people but couldn't find the right thing to search for. I assume there was a lip on the brass sleeve but don't remember or maybe it's a pressed/fitted connection that is now loose and won't fit again.

Thanks for any help you can throw in my direction.
moes is offline Find More Posts by moes
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2014, 09:30 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,133 Posts
It might be cheaper to buy a whole new tail than mess with the binding one.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Assembly_.html
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 13, 2014, 07:44 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,500 Posts
HK lists a replacement tail rotor control set, Product ID # V2-122 for $2.98. That's what you need.

You might be able to repair the one you have though. I can't really discern the attachment method from your pictures. On some the brass bushing just slides though the bearings in the housing and is peened on the outboard end to hold it in place. A really shi--ty way of doing it. On others the end of the brass bushing is threaded into the metal piece, which is a better way.

If yours was peened just redo it. If it was threaded and worked it's way off make sure that you locktite it when you reassemble it.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Oct 13, 2014, 08:00 PM
Frozen Flyer
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Joined Feb 2009
107 Posts
Ahh, that makes sense.. Mine must have been a peened. I didn't see any part that broke off and no threads so that's why I assumed it was a pressed/peened fit or something.

Thanks again! I'll try the part you suggested.
moes is offline Find More Posts by moes