HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:57 PM
"Marcy" VF-A
Marysville, WA
Joined Jul 2004
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTGUY View Post
I did not say there were no firearms manufactured in Canada. I said that to my knowledge/reserach there are currently no handguns being manufactured in Canada. I have no problem with gun ownership. I was hunting ducks and geese with my father at Age 6. I do not however see or feel the need for concealed carry on a daily basis. Perhaps if I lived there I would.
My whole point in starting this little argument was to point out that your slam of my country was totally unwarranted and unfounded. But then your history shows that your country doesn't necessarilly need an actual basis for starting a full blown war.
I'm sorry if you took what I said as a slam. It was not my intentent. I was only pointing out the hypocrasy of selling guns to other countries while restricting ownership to your own people.
As far as needing "an actual basis for starting a full blown war," well, that may be a discussion for another time. We yanks cherish our freedom and think all men deserve to be free. We're funny like that. But you are correct in that we cannot be the world's police.
wekenav8r is offline Find More Posts by wekenav8r
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:27 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
Ah, yes, the yanks cherish their freedom and think all men deserve to be free is a lovely statement. However, it is a relatively new truism in the history of the US. I'm not trying to be a PITA here, but one must remember that out of the 236 years or so that the US has been in existence, it has been involved in armed conflict for 209 of those years, even with itself briefly.

I guess my fear (and reluctance to visit the US any more) has to do with going past the gun counter at a WallyWorld, and watching a young guy checking out the action of a VERY large handgun. It wasn't the gun that scared me, it was the look in the guy's eyes...
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:36 AM
"Marcy" VF-A
Marysville, WA
Joined Jul 2004
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Ah, yes, the yanks cherish their freedom and think all men deserve to be free is a lovely statement. However, it is a relatively new truism in the history of the US. I'm not trying to be a PITA here, but one must remember that out of the 236 years or so that the US has been in existence, it has been involved in armed conflict for 209 of those years, even with itself briefly.
Not a PITA at all.
Our country was founded through armed conflict. Slavery was a very dark time in our history, and was common in much of the world at the time. A lot of blood was spilled over it, and I don't know of any country that has fought as hard, and sacrifised so much for the cause of freedom.

" I guess my fear (and reluctance to visit the US any more) has to do with going past the gun counter at a WallyWorld, and watching a young guy checking out the action of a VERY large handgun. It wasn't the gun that scared me, it was the look in the guy's eyes..."

Well, chances are, this was NOT the person you needed to fear. It was more likely the person two aisles away that was a convicted felon, that some Judge felt sorry for and turned loose on the street. We have many restrictions on handgun purchases here. In fact, 97% of the guns used in crimes are NOT purchased legally. I don't know of any gun owners who wouldn't support stiffer penalties for people who use guns when commiting crimes.
The problem with gun control, is criminals DON"T obey the laws. Denying access of firearms to law abiding citizens is the criminals' dream.
wekenav8r is offline Find More Posts by wekenav8r
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:19 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
+1

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
I think Weke said it all. Laws to criminals don't matter. This is part of why they are criminals. For the average Joe in america, we go through tons of hurdles to be able to legally own a gun. To illegally own one... just going to the right place with the right amount of cash.

Weke,
On a side note; where in Marysville are you? I lived off of Grove up the hill at 79th Dr NE.

Russ
Peacemakr40 is offline Find More Posts by Peacemakr40