HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Jan 2012
72 Posts
Discussion
Horizon Hobby

Hi everybody,

I have been interested in purchasing a 2.4 TX module and RX (SPMMSJR720) for my JR radio since mid September. After phoning dozens of shops, none were to be found. Horizon's website said then that it would arrive at the beginning of October. In October, ....... in November.
In November I placed an order with them and waited. December.............January.......
I phoned a couple of days ago and now "It should arrive in March".
Has anyone else had the same problem ?

Awaiting your comments !
N.E.R.F is offline Find More Posts by N.E.R.F
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:32 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
I had this issue when trying to get an extra 300 pnp version. after waitng a few months and calling a few times I found out that they discontinued that version and were selling only bnf version after many times hearing it should be in any day now. Anyways the first responders who answer the phones really dont get all the information about products being discontinued or being introduced. Some of them will even tell you this. My suggestion is to send an email to the "websales" address and also the same one to the other address (i cant remember what it is right now) venting your frustration in a polite as possible manner. You may have do this a couple times. Persistence will pay off but it might take a week. In my experience they will make it right even if they are not able to produce the item you were looking for. The process sucks to be honest but they have made up for it in the past with me. PS the people answering the phone are pretty much useless.
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
72 Posts
Funny enough that you mention that Crockett828. When I spoke to the receptionist, she told me that she thought that this product was discontinued. I then gave her the O/N placed in November. She became very uneasy and transferred me to a sales lady who as you know told me that it would arrive in March.
I wonder what is going on at Horizon rigth now.
I have been a customer of their's since 1983 and in all that time, I have never had to complain about their service. I bought 5 or 6 radios (PCM 10's and so on) from them and from overseas. Never a glitch.

I hope that their service is not going down as I really like their products.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
72 Posts
I just cancelled my order. Tired of wanting, in the dark.

Makes one think, doesn't it ?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Oct 2010
7 Posts
For several months, I have Googled "SPMMSJR720" and get a lot of hits where all the store websites turn up with some variation of "Sold Out", or the "Add to Cart" button is missing, or "Add to Email Notification" list.
I am weighing whether to install into my JR8103 either the Hitec or the FrSky versions which all require their receiver brands be used with their modules.
I can only believe that HH and Spektrum can only afford to order a few hundred units at a time... every 3 months. Shoot, there's got to be thousands of FM/PCM JR radios itching to go 2.4. But then, oh well, I don't everything about running a business and satisfying customers.
ARCS 1980 is offline Find More Posts by ARCS 1980