HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:26 PM
Old Tyme Electric
Joined Mar 2005
666 Posts
Whoops!
Resetting low voltage cutoff on a SS-60?

Hi all,

I did a DS thing and did my first power up of a SS-60 with a half-full battery pack. Nothing in the manual about resetting it, any SS-60 users know if it's possible?

TIA,

Steve
steve crewdog is offline Find More Posts by steve crewdog
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:38 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,992 Posts
Is it a HK SS 60 ESC? Like this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0_70A_ESC.html

If so, it reads the battery voltage ench time it is a connected to the ESC and uses that to decide what the cell type and count it. So connecting to a charge battery will just have it starting over on deciding that.

On the LVC, it says it is programmed to "..Slow down at 3.0V per cell Lipo, Cut-off at 2.9V per cell Lipo 0.8V NiMh.." and it should still be doing that.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:43 PM
Old Tyme Electric
Joined Mar 2005
666 Posts
Ah sorry, Jack. It's an ElectriFly Silver Series 60A.

http://www.electrifly.com/escs/silverseries.html

I was hoping I could do it without buying the programming card.
steve crewdog is offline Find More Posts by steve crewdog
Old Dec 21, 2011, 09:22 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,992 Posts
If I understand the info at that link, that one reads the battery voltage at each startup too. There is a manual there for setting the options using the throttle stick too. That's not my favorite way to do that but if you can use the defaults it might not need any programming.

Good luck with it!

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:32 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,264 Posts
The default is 74% of starting voltage. Always start with a full pack. If you put in a partly depleted pack the LVC will be set to a potentially damaging low level.

About the only thing you can set on that is the brake. For that you may as well stick program it.

Electrifly is not my favorite ESC by a long shot. They want a high price for a product that has not kept up with the battery technology. The 67% LVC setting on many of their ESC is quite low.
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver