HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2014, 12:03 PM
Hungary, Hajdu-Bihar, Debrecen
Joined Jul 2013
24 Posts
Let me have a noob question:

how much rejection or any other penalty expected when I put my CL ant upside down on the heli (due to the lack of space atm)?
Would it be significant/very bad idea?

same CL situated normally on my ground station, I guess cant rotate it also by 180 deg to be sync with the other one
jkornel is online now Find More Posts by jkornel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2014, 12:07 PM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkornel View Post

how much rejection or any other penalty expected when I put my CL ant upside down on the heli (due to the lack of space atm)?

same CL situated normally on my ground station, I guess cant rotate it also by 180 deg to be sync with the other one
It's probably better to mount it up side down.
Hasi is online now Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Oct 05, 2014, 09:17 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkornel View Post

No loss. just a very good idea for installation.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Oct 06, 2014, 04:34 AM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
372 Posts
I have a pair of ibcrazys 5.8 blue beams from getfv and just dont know the answer to this, but does it matter if I have the 4 leaf on the vtx and the 3 leaf on the vrx? Or is it better to have the 4 leaf on the vrx and the 3 leaf on the vtx?
Tom T is offline Find More Posts by Tom T
Old Oct 06, 2014, 12:29 PM
Lithuania, Vilnius County, Vilnius
Joined Dec 2006
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T View Post
I have a pair of ibcrazys 5.8 blue beams from getfv and just dont know the answer to this, but does it matter if I have the 4 leaf on the vtx and the 3 leaf on the vrx? Or is it better to have the 4 leaf on the vrx and the 3 leaf on the vtx?
It will work in both ways. Usually 4leaf is used on VRX. You can try by yourself and find your own best configuration.
montis is online now Find More Posts by montis
Old Oct 09, 2014, 06:59 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
I just built my first 5.8 CL following Alex's directions. I've built a number of linear antennas previously. Making a linear is a piece of cake compared to these. And making a good CL is clearly beyond my first attempt. I still like to play around but I'm not sure this will survive a landing let alone a crash. LOL My hat is off to IBCrazy and his guys.
viper522 is online now Find More Posts by viper522