HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:56 AM
Registered User
JamesonC's Avatar
United States, SC, Greer
Joined Feb 2014
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas View Post
For pure speed:
- 2 blade stock prop
- 4s 2200 mAh
- 65amp ESC
- Power 25 - 1250kv
- Add a carbon fiber spar to the wing. Not as hard as it sounds.

Richard
Any idea on actual speed numbers on this setup? I have clocked mine stock with the E300 prop at 75mph. I'm looking to be 85-90 mph with it. Think that setup will get there?
JamesonC is offline Find More Posts by JamesonC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:36 AM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
NashVegas's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2013
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC View Post
Any idea on actual speed numbers on this setup? I have clocked mine stock with the E300 prop at 75mph. I'm looking to be 85-90 mph with it. Think that setup will get there?
I never put a radar gun on mine, but I'm sure it was at or over 100mph

Here is a good web resource with different setups for the P47. He was able to hit 110mph. Video included.

http://www.jasonweb.net/rc/parkzone-...derbolt-build/

Richard
NashVegas is online now Find More Posts by NashVegas
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:10 AM
Registered User
JamesonC's Avatar
United States, SC, Greer
Joined Feb 2014
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas View Post
I never put a radar gun on mine, but I'm sure it was at or over 100mph

Here is a good web resource with different setups for the P47. He was able to hit 110mph. Video included.

http://www.jasonweb.net/rc/parkzone-...derbolt-build/

Richard
Just finished reading that. Some good info there. He was using the Tacon Bigfoot 15, you recommended the Power 25. Will that Power 25 produce even more than the bigfoot? Also, what about a Turnigy G15 or G25? Thanks!
JamesonC is offline Find More Posts by JamesonC
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:12 AM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
NashVegas's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2013
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC View Post
Just finished reading that. Some good info there. He was using the Tacon Bigfoot 15, you recommended the Power 25. Will that Power 25 produce even more than the bigfoot? Also, what about a Turnigy G15 or G25? Thanks!
Tacon makes great motors, but yes, a Power 25 (1250kv) is more powerful than a 15.
Turnigy doesn't make a 1250kv motor. The G15 is a 950kv. The G25 comes in a 870kv and a 710kv, both good for a four blade setup which several on this thread have had great success with.

The way to high speed is a high kv motor (1250kv), and a two blade prop on 4s. Of course you will need an appropriate ESC and you might consider adding carbon in the wings.

Richard
NashVegas is online now Find More Posts by NashVegas
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2014, 01:24 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Jun 2013
57 Posts
Progress pic of my scheme change from Callie graphics
mu5tanggt is online now Find More Posts by mu5tanggt
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2014, 08:16 AM
Registered User
Barrett_G's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
630 Posts
Lookin' good!
Barrett_G is online now Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion World Models p47 1.20 dards Fuel Warbirds 1 Oct 20, 2010 10:55 AM
Discussion E-Flite P47 or Parkzone Corsair?? Gobstopper Electric Warbirds 13 Dec 02, 2009 09:37 PM
Discussion New Parkzone p51 or Greatplanes P47 casedit Electric Warbirds 5 Sep 01, 2009 09:08 AM