View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
855 Posts
The IOM Europeans looks like it's hotting up I wonder what happened to Olivier Cohen 100 he was doing well till he got a 75 score!
ToniGe23 is offline Find More Posts by ToniGe23
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, MI, Bloomfield Hills
Joined Feb 2010
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniGe23 View Post
The IOM Europeans looks like it's hotting up I wonder what happened to Olivier Cohen 100 he was doing well till he got a 75 score!
Black Flag, so last place, and then he got stuck in the B fleet, I watched a couple of B fleet videos, he got really messed up at the start in one of them.
TedFlack is online now Find More Posts by TedFlack
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:52 PM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Mystery solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123 View Post
I'm concerned that twice now.. After a full day on the water , I drained a teaspoon of water from the hull.. So here is how I plan to try to find the leak.. I'll borrow the aquarium pump and some airline tubing .. And connect it into the 1/4 inch drain plug hole and seal it... While I pump in air, I'll put soapy water all over the hull and see where it bubbles.. Will it find the leak? Is there a better way? No.. I don't have a swimming pool.. JimS
The Aquarium pump worked great. I went over the entire hull with soapy water and found no bubbles brewing anywhere.. until I got to this receiver compartment that is.. there is a leak on the port side aft side that was very clear to spot.. I plan to pull out the receiver and servo wiring, undo the two screws and hope I can pull it out before putting a thin bear of PU goop around its top seam and then re-installing it..

The seam on the port bow was simply a little red trim tape lifting a bit from the hull but nothing was leaking there or around the rudder post and elsewhere that I could find...
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,105 Posts
Quote:
The Aquarium pump worked great. I went over the entire hull with soapy water and found no bubbles brewing anywhere.. until I got to this receiver compartment that is.. there is a leak on the port side aft side that was very clear to spot.. I plan to pull out the receiver and servo wiring, undo the two screws and hope I can pull it out before putting a thin bear of PU goop around its top seam and then re-installing it..

The seam on the port bow was simply a little red trim tape lifting a bit from the hull but nothing was leaking there or around the rudder post and elsewhere that I could find...
I normally run a bead of Silicon around the pot and then push it back into the deck this normally seals it up just fine.
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:46 PM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8387mike View Post
I normally run a bead of Silicon around the pot and then push it back into the deck this normally seals it up just fine.
That's because you got everything down under that bites kicks or kills but no AMAZING GOOP that stuff is AMAZING for sticking a pot in a boat,Jim we're done helping til after the Euros lol.Oui rip the pot out and get rid of the silicone first.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Last edited by The Tug; Nov 21, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:35 PM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
That's because you got everything down under that bites kicks or kills but no AMAZING GOOP that stuff is AMAZING for sticking a pot in a boat,Jim we're done helping til after the Euros lol.Oui rip the pot out and get rid of the silicone first.
Ok.. The pots back in and sealed..but I didn't use the polyurethane goop cause its so strong I worried I'd have a very hard time removing it if needed later, so used Elmer's glue in a I inch wide seal around ( after clearing all the original silicone) the top and will retest it once its dry. I'm on to doing the rudder to fit the hull contour tomorrow. Agree the IOM world races are a lot more interesting than my US450 saga..
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:41 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,276 Posts
Quote:
Ok.. The pots back in and sealed..but I didn't use the polyurethane goop cause its so strong I worried I'd have a very hard time removing it if needed later, so used Elmer's glue in a I inch wide seal around ( after clearing all the original silicone) the top and will retest it once its dry. I'm on to doing the rudder to fit the hull contour tomorrow. Agree the IOM world races are a lot more interesting than my US450 saga..
Is Elmers glue water proof ?
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:55 AM
Italy, Abruzzo, Pescara
Joined Jun 2010
63 Posts
please do not remind me the village and the rover. I ran a long time ago (1967)
max67 is online now Find More Posts by max67
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:17 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy View Post
It is "water resistant" when dry/cured (Titebond II)
Dick L. is offline Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:32 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
855 Posts
Wednesdays Highlights

IOM Europeans 2012 - Wednesday Highlights (4 min 47 sec)
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Aug 2005
619 Posts
Great video!
marter1229 is offline Find More Posts by marter1229
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
855 Posts
Thursday's Highlights if you can call it that with only 2 races completed!

IOM Europeans 2012 - Thursday Highlights (4 min 34 sec)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:04 PM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy View Post
Humm.. probably not.. so I stripped it out and used silicone sealer
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:18 PM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Rudder hull contour mod complete

The Saran wrap we have no longer stretches smooth when it's on tight so I used some Vinyl covering. a single West System Epoxy packet pair was way too much but mixed in the microballs, and hoped it would thicken.. after 15 minutes it was barely thick enough but i went ahead and applied it to the top edge of the fin and lubed the shaft and slipped it in and added a bit more to fill any divits. After removal, , there was a bit of overlap on the sides of the fin but in 3 hrs it was almost hard, and I shaped it very easily with a hobby knife.. Here's how it turned out.. the black "paint" is from a permanent marker.. it's a perfect fit to the hull contour now, and yet the rudder turns easily on the shaft. Thanks Tug and Mike for the tips on doing this mod.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:12 PM
Flying without a licence
United Kingdom, Wales, The Mumbles
Joined Dec 2010
569 Posts
More 7 boR

Photo's + of the weeks progress:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=340972
FWAL is online now Find More Posts by FWAL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boat Bashing