New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2015, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
968 Posts
I am hesitant to do that as I don't see any issue with the MPU-6050 on the Flip 1.5's I use. I am flying small EPP Electrics so that maybe that is the reason I don't see a problem.

I am not sure if there is enough room left in the 8K Programming Boxes to make this a configuration item. When I have some time I will look at that .

It is easy for you to change the value if you have Arduino and CMake installed. Modify FlightStab.ino by removing the comment indicator (// characters) at the beginning of line 1022 in the current source and add the comment indicator if front of line 1021. Modify the CMakelists.txt file to comment out (add a # symbol in front of) each version you do not want to build. Do a build and you will have a hex file with the 5Hz filter.

If you do not have the ability to do that send me a PM with your Email address and I will do a private build for you to test.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812 View Post
In other words please?
JohnRB is offline Find More Posts by JohnRB
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2015, 03:26 AM
Find More Posts by uragano47812
Italy
Joined Oct 2004
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
Verify these settings with the Programming Box
SERVO_FRAME_RATE (Best at about 18ms frame time for Taranis with analog servos)
SERIALRX_ORDER - I suspect you have this correct or the default was correct
SPEKTRUM_LEVELS - sets 1024/2048 for Spektrum
VR_GAIN no pots on nanoWii or Flip 1.5. I normally use a very low value for aileron to prevent oscillation.
RATE_PID
HOLD_PID

All of the above settings only work using the Programming Box, unavailable with stick configuration.

I like S.BUS with the X4R with the Flip 1.5. I replace U8 on the X4R with an XOR module so I don't need an inline inverter. Only 1 3 wire cable between RX and Stabilizer.

If you are using high current servos I would use a power distribution box for servo power. The traces on all of the OFS devices may not be wide enough for the required current and you don't want that current flowing on the OFS device Ground traces. Also do not use multiple grounds. Everything that requires power and ground should have a direct path back to the battery connections on the power distribution box.

John
thanks i will verify the settings.
uragano47812 is offline Find More Posts by uragano47812
Old Apr 09, 2015, 09:24 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2004
144 Posts
I setup the nanowii with SBUS on frsky X6R and all seems to work good also ESC is acting correctly and i don't have the servos shaking at neutral position with motor running.

So i think something is wrong with the .bin for nanowii_spektrum.

I have to ask you if there will be next improvements like:
VR gain (ail-elev-rud) variable on the TX using assigned or free channel with pot or slider on radio. This would be great for single axis in flight adjustment on board without hardware pot. With SBUS or serial com the limit of the available channel will be only the TX.
Old Apr 09, 2015, 11:49 AM
Joined Oct 2011
968 Posts
When you tested with Spektrum was the Frame rate set to 18ms or greater? If it was set to 0 (which means use the received rate) the servos and ESC would be getting updates every 11ms which is not good for analog servos, might also bother the ESC unless it has modified firmware.

No new improvements are in the works. Changing gains from the TX would require 3 channels (2 if a 3 position switch was used and only 1 changed at a time) so it would only work with the serial modes, not enough inputs for non-serial modes.

I use a slider for my mode/gain control. Center position is 0 Gain (effectively off) and if I start to see any oscillations on a surface during flight, I decrease the gain, land and make adjustments and then try again.

John

Quote:
I setup the nanowii with SBUS on frsky X6R and all seems to work good also ESC is acting correctly and i don't have the servos shaking at neutral position with motor running.

So i think something is wrong with the .bin for nanowii_spektrum.

I have to ask you if there will be next improvements like:
VR gain (ail-elev-rud) variable on the TX using assigned or free channel with pot or slider on radio. This would be great for single axis in flight adjustment on board without hardware pot. With SBUS or serial com the limit of the available channel will be only the TX.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 09:29 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2004
144 Posts
I have tested the nanowii with SBUS and even using low gains about +- 10 on any surfaces and also reducing the main gain the foamy has always fast oscillation when under motor. I have fixed the nanowii board with white foam tape and also with a 3M 4010 tape with no success.
The ESC output instead was working good like normal.

Anyway i have the orange stab with DSM2 which is working really good so far.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 09:43 AM
Joined Oct 2011
968 Posts
Set me PM with your Email address and I will send you a HEX file for the nanoWii with S.BUS that uses the 5 HZ gyro filter to see if that helps your problem.

Is your Orange stab using factory firmware or OFS?

John

Quote:
I have tested the nanowii with SBUS and even using low gains about +- 10 on any surfaces and also reducing the main gain the foamy has always fast oscillation when under motor. I have fixed the nanowii board with white foam tape and also with a 3M 4010 tape with no success.
The ESC output instead was working good like normal.

Anyway i have the orange stab with DSM2 which is working really good so far.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:22 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2004
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
Set me PM with your Email address and I will send you a HEX file for the nanoWii with S.BUS that uses the 5 HZ gyro filter to see if that helps your problem.

Is your Orange stab using factory firmware or OFS?

John
PM sent.
I'm talking of OFS of course
Old Apr 15, 2015, 03:53 PM
Joined Oct 2011
968 Posts
Updated Firmware and Documentation

I have just made some updates to the firmware and the documentation, see the first post for links to my repository and document.

The previous firmware forced the devices that did not contain an MPU-6050 gyro to use a 5Hz digital low pass filter. This reduces the possibility of vibrations (motor and/or propeller) fooling the gyro. All MPU-6050 gyros were set to the maximum sensitivity of 256Hz and some people were seeing unwanted gyro corrections.

This firmware update forces all gyros to use 5Hz as the default Digital Low Pass Filter value. If you do not use a Programming Box then you will only be able to use the default value.

The new programming box firmware in conjunction with the new device firmware adds the capability to actually set the desired Digital Low Pass Filter value in EEPROM and use that value as the default for your device.

If you wish to experiment with the bandwidth value, start with the 5Hz value and work toward 256Hz. If you start to see unwanted corrections, back down to the next lowest frequency.

John
Old Apr 15, 2015, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by rosnik
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Joined Mar 2012
340 Posts
Thank you! :-)
rosnik is online now Find More Posts by rosnik
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,091 Posts
Tbh with 5hz i think its fine. The rx3s was somewhat getting excited at idle in a 50cc but to be honest this is unavoidable as the whole plane is vibrating due to resonance. Once rpm increase slightly or the plane natural frequency changes (like while its moving) its fine.
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth