Dec 20, 2012, 02:35 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve
The guys in Tokoroa, New Zealand want there money back for the beans they bought . HA HA it is Dec 21 over there and it has not ended yet.
Not only that but....
If the Mayans were so right....
There would still be Mayans!

D-Man
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2012, 05:45 PM
Gone 2 Drone Darkside! FPV FAA
3D outdoor / field precision aerobatic plane - EF 60” extra EXP – Check

3D indoor / street aerobatic plane – Crack Yak 32” – Check

Time to join the fun club with a fun cub. I want to have a plane for MARC trainer Tuesdays & next years Wenatchee Huckfest.

If any Mob Fun Cubbies have any build / mod wisdom to share let me know. Speak up Kody before I screw up, again. lol

Winter build planning on the following:
-Plane 55” Multiplex Fun Cub SS
-Motor – Torque 2818T/900
-Aluminum Motor Mount
-ESC – Airboss 45A
-Lipo – TP 3S 2250Mah 45C
-Prop - APC or Aeronat 12x6 or 8
-HS-82MG servos for elevator & rudder
-HS-65MG servos for ailerons & flaps
-Custom Carbon Landing gear & tail wheel assy
-Custom Carbon Wing Spar
-Threaded ball links on all control rod ends
-Custom Scheme Acrylic Enamel Silver & Black

What am I missing?
What have you guys learned from yours?
What might you suggest or change up?
Last edited by WhirLee; Dec 21, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Dec 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
aka ECAA3D
Get your flu shots if you haven't

Today sucked.
Dec 20, 2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d
Get your flu shots if you haven't
Today sucked.

This should cheer you up!

Walmart Called Your Christmas Photo's Are In!
Last edited by WhirLee; May 08, 2014 at 08:12 PM.
Dec 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
JohnVHRC
Ive never had a flu shot in my life
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
Dec 21, 2012, 10:24 AM
aka ECAA3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
Ive never had a flu shot in my life
I got one right around this time last year. I have little ones, these days pediatricians and schools sort of frown on you for not getting it.

It's a short flu, but it hurts.
Dec 21, 2012, 11:35 AM
Day is starting out right are we all still alive. Drinking a perfect cup of coffee. I think we got 15 hours left . Time to go get a case of good beer. I am ready .
Dec 22, 2012, 02:38 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Quote:
Day is starting out right are we all still alive. Drinking a perfect cup of coffee. I think we got 15 hours left . Time to go get a case of good beer. I am ready .
obviously the Mayans are wrong
Dec 22, 2012, 02:40 AM
Good thing we all survived the end of the world... I am still waiting for UPS to deliver the t-shirt I ordered via "yesterday air".
Last edited by WhirLee; May 08, 2014 at 08:11 PM.
Dec 23, 2012, 01:50 AM
Here is a neat pic my daughter just sent me with her cell phone . Taken from T Tail from a C 17 she was working on base .

Here something different
Little Drummer Boy - Snare Drumline Encore Performance (4 min 57 sec)
Last edited by pro bro steve; Dec 23, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Dec 23, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Here is a neat pic my daughter just sent me with her cell phone . Taken from T Tail from a C 17 she was working on at McCord AFB.
Thank your daughter for her sacrifice & service from me. Freedom isn’t free it comes at the price of the dedicated, courageous & selfless.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Last edited by WhirLee; Dec 23, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Dec 23, 2012, 04:27 PM
Ok I ask her first for the most part if ok to post . She was sleeping when I called .

I removed the base name she works at. I would hope no bad guys are here in the NW

PS she told me it was cold as hell up there servicing the rudder for 3 hours.
Last edited by pro bro steve; Dec 23, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Dec 24, 2012, 07:15 PM
ex-noob

Happy Holidays

Took advantage of the no rain day and went out to the field to get some maiden time in on my new 71" Slick. Robert was also there maidening his new Pilot-RC 30cc Yak.

Robert's maiden went well and he decided to quit while he was ahead and call it a day after one flight. My almost maiden (I had one flight on it the other day) also went well. It flew great... for 2 1/2 flights. I let it get too low in an inverted flat spin and found out the hard way that these bigger, heavier airframes need more recovery time! $#!@%!&*%$#

Oh well. I guess it was just my turn. 3 and out, just like the 49s against the Seahawks yesterday.
Dec 24, 2012, 07:27 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Condolences Larry, that's a heart breaker. Think you'll be able to stitch it back together?
Dec 24, 2012, 07:41 PM
ex-noob
I don't think this one is going back together. The fuse is pretty much toast. Lots of shredded wood, broken CF strips and tiny pieces. Wings and tail feathers came out OK, and the cowl is OK. I just priced a new fuse, canopy and wheel pants and it comes out to only $100 less than a whole new airframe. Plus, I'd have to figure out how to cleanly remove the tail feathers and re-hinge them.

Quick Reply