HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2001, 09:22 PM
CharlieR
bay area, california
Joined Nov 2000
315 Posts
Which simulator? (Answers needed Quickly)

I want to improve my aerobatic flying skills by using a simulator. I am especially interested in aerobatic slowflight. Which simulator would be the most realistic and best for me.

-Greatplanes G2 ($200)
-Dave Brown 2001 (I can get special for $90)
-Cockpitmaster (S80)
-Picco Fly ($80)
-FMS ($25- cost to buy interface)

For the price dave brown seems good, but my only concern is if they have electric models.

I've heard nothing but good things about G2 but it's Expensive!

Cockpit master. Haven't heard much. Is it realistic?

FMS. Been using it with the keyboard but even so it doesn't seem that realistic.

thanks
spy0o7 is offline Find More Posts by spy0o7
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2001, 09:32 PM
Winchester; Ohio
Joined Feb 2001
876 Posts
I tried the FMS simulator and while helping with the orientation part of flying I felt the rest really left a lot to be desired; but it is free. I ended up with the Great Planes G2 and its fantastic. I feel its worth the money for sure.
Adam
Adam Neat is offline Find More Posts by Adam Neat
Old Sep 09, 2001, 09:32 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
You get what you pay for.

RFD has editing for EP on all planes.

Have you tried a search?????
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Sep 09, 2001, 10:05 PM
CharlieR
bay area, california
Joined Nov 2000
315 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies. I've done a search and have found a wealth of info. The majority of people seem to think that cockpitmaster is the best for small electric planes while realflight is better for largerplanes. Are there any small models in RF?

I haven't been able to find any info on Dave Brown 2001 though.

thanks
spy0o7 is offline Find More Posts by spy0o7
Old Sep 10, 2001, 01:07 PM
Ruhrgebiet NRW-Germany
Joined Sep 2001
37 Posts
Salve ,
just have a look on www.ripmax.com and download the demo of the Rc-Simulator .Itīs great !! Iīve got the full version where you can change engine ,weight and so on .Itīs very realistic and the graphics are great ....and you can even shoot some nuclear rabbits with your on-board weapons
Trecker is offline Find More Posts by Trecker
Old Sep 10, 2001, 03:28 PM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spy0o7:
FMS. Been using it with the keyboard but even so it doesn't seem that realistic.
How do you tell ? When was the last time you flew a plane with a keyboard ? A new version of FMS is out soon and it's even better than the current one. BTW the interface costs less than $5 to build.

But if you must spend some money I've heard nothing but good of Cockpit Master and it does have a bunch of electrics available. I've never tried it myself. FMS (and an old CSM) are good enough for me.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin