HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:05 AM
Joined Mar 2013
25 Posts
hello, I'm having lots of trouble with my YS x4. First, the voltage stopped working. I reuploaded the firmware and it worked for two days, now it's showing ZERO volts on CGS and the red led blinking just at take off. Then, the input channel 3 (throttle) started to jump up and down without control to my radio inputs (the channel 3 (THRT) on the receiver works perfect. Only works when connected to PPM or SBUS. All I get from ZERO UAV SUPPORT is that "it's fine". Please, anyone with this problems? I feel that I wasted 500 USD...this is worst than DJI.
Steadycam is online now Find More Posts by Steadycam
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2014, 09:03 PM
Colombia, Bogota
Joined Nov 2010
54 Posts
recalibration compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faro69 View Post
This hj file when see X4P-GCS.exe to see detail
some time it flight mode is go circularposition.
How to solve that ?
the problem is the compass, please recalibre the compass
cofhal is offline Find More Posts by cofhal
Old Oct 15, 2014, 09:05 PM
Colombia, Bogota
Joined Nov 2010
54 Posts
Shutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magetpr View Post
I have recently updated my YS-X4 to the latest firmware.
My YSX4 is is a 2012 model.

I would appreciate some help in getting the SNAPSHOT (camera trigger) to work.

Questions 1: Which port do I plug the Camera Trigger (SNAPSHOT)? Is it the Gimbal Port ROLL or PITCH? Or is it another port? I Used a TESTER today and got no voltage reading in gimbal ports after triggering "snapshot" in the GCS

2: To trigger snapshot do I only need to connect Signal + Ground (common) only? - I would appreciate if anyone may send a diagram.

Thank you very much
Only the Gemini and the YS-X4p have out por photo shutter, the YS-X4 bot have this output
Old Oct 15, 2014, 09:10 PM
Colombia, Bogota
Joined Nov 2010
54 Posts
Parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by futlus View Post
good day sensei's

a friend of mine lend me his X4 a last week , it was bought last year 2013 , i dont remember what month

ive installed it with a 450 frame , with 920kv BL , 30amp opto esc , 1800mah 4s , 10x4.5prop
Gcs gain setup is P-27 R-27 Sway-17

basicaly this was a test quad for the x4 so that i can put it with an ironman680
after i get it flying smooth

here some of my queries (btw thanks in advance for answering)
or issues during my set up btw have done the initial set up
and it flies nice with some unwanted responce from the quad from sometime

-during take off it always go backwards or towards me at atti mode with out gps
-during test runs at atti no gps , it seems to be the quad keeps on changing angles on leveling until it finds it level but not correct and drift at an angle that stay on , btw wind was 2-3knots , but when set to auto hover it stays as a rock , sorry im a kk2 and dji user , kk2 atti mode is flawless when tune very well , even with a 10knot wind i can still fly with no pressure
-maps..every time i check my plane and my location , there is always a line that get to a point in the map , im scared that if i go to RTH , it will ko to the end that line , sorry can seem to find videos that supports my question....

basicaly , im having issues with auto level , x4 is very aggresive on auto level , is there a way to lower the gain for auto level or atti

firmware updates on this fc beacuse it was bought last year , whats the latest??? i just want to install a firmware that everybody love... tnx
try up this parametes, i have this parameters in 45 and the saw in 80 and work fine
Old Oct 16, 2014, 02:08 AM
Joined Jul 2009
187 Posts
Last two day I try to upgrade and it can upgrade it version s4v2-Standard-20140902-v068-abroad and after that I try to FF but it ok can FF

Then on tuesday night I try to test again begin with
1. connect batt cable to board ys-s4v2 only (esc. don't have batt)
2. connect usb calble to board ys-s4v2 ( LED GPS status is blink )
3. connect other of usb cable to usb port of my notebook sudennly
my notebook is shutdown and status led on board ys-s4v2 off too.
4. Try to power on notebook but don't
5. Try to arm motor of ys-s4v2 but can't too.

Anyone ever meet this cause before ?
I think board ys-s4v2 is shot circuit then make my notrbook down too..
Tyr to claim.... But don't know can claim or not ?
Faro69 is offline Find More Posts by Faro69
Old Oct 16, 2014, 02:09 AM
Joined Jul 2009
187 Posts
Malfucntion ys s4v2 (0 min 29 sec)
Link of video
Faro69 is offline Find More Posts by Faro69
Old Oct 16, 2014, 05:19 AM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by futlus View Post
good day sensei's

a friend of mine lend me his X4 a last week , it was bought last year 2013 , i dont remember what month

ive installed it with a 450 frame , with 920kv BL , 30amp opto esc , 1800mah 4s , 10x4.5prop
Gcs gain setup is P-27 R-27 Sway-17

basicaly this was a test quad for the x4 so that i can put it with an ironman680
after i get it flying smooth

here some of my queries (btw thanks in advance for answering)
or issues during my set up btw have done the initial set up
and it flies nice with some unwanted responce from the quad from sometime

-during take off it always go backwards or towards me at atti mode with out gps
-during test runs at atti no gps , it seems to be the quad keeps on changing angles on leveling until it finds it level but not correct and drift at an angle that stay on , btw wind was 2-3knots , but when set to auto hover it stays as a rock , sorry im a kk2 and dji user , kk2 atti mode is flawless when tune very well , even with a 10knot wind i can still fly with no pressure
-maps..every time i check my plane and my location , there is always a line that get to a point in the map , im scared that if i go to RTH , it will ko to the end that line , sorry can seem to find videos that supports my question....

basicaly , im having issues with auto level , x4 is very aggresive on auto level , is there a way to lower the gain for auto level or atti

firmware updates on this fc beacuse it was bought last year , whats the latest??? i just want to install a firmware that everybody love... tnx
What you are experiencing is the result of a too low sway compensation value, the more you raise it the less aggressive atti stabilisation is. As for the drift in manual flights it could be related with imu position which not always is perfect even on a leveled multicopter. There's the zero gyro function that sets it to zero but unfortunately that function is not working for me in the lasts fw
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Oct 18, 2014, 07:07 AM
Joined Sep 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
What you are experiencing is the result of a too low sway compensation value, the more you raise it the less aggressive atti stabilisation is. As for the drift in manual flights it could be related with imu position which not always is perfect even on a leveled multicopter. There's the zero gyro function that sets it to zero but unfortunately that function is not working for me in the lasts fw

i see , getting it tune is the otherway around , so the more i give gain to sway comp , the slowly it will react , ive tried the zero gyro function , it fix the take off problem , will do field test again , i havent updated the firmware since last year

tnx apejovic and cofhal

i wanted to introduce the zero uav fc in my field , they are all dji users , i introduce kk2 , and they were impress how it performce with sports flying

hope i can tuned this very good , il try it tom , il update you guys if i have luck

btw , any good points on the new firmware apejovic??? so zero gyro not working wt the new FW???
futlus is offline Find More Posts by futlus
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:54 PM
Joined Sep 2013
8 Posts
guys i just tested the quad . already got it fine tune. tnx for the tips.

tested it more how stable it is to hold during hover .

then it flip and crash right side.

props and gps mount wer broken. the rest is good. now im having trouble comunicating with the fc. router is detected but gcs is disconected. seems it shake off with the crash. btw it was only 5mtr above my roof. quad landed on top of my house
futlus is offline Find More Posts by futlus
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Crash by auto thr up and direct power cut off after

Im now facing my third crash with YS X4 V2 on hexa. Always the same procedure: coming in smoothly for landing with throttle reducing about 50% to 40% - then suddently motors will go full power and shut down directly after. The blackbox records second last capture: GPS - all normal - thr = 48, the last capture shows switchback to manual (not triggered nor defined in F/S) and thr = 200.

The Zero support told its for some RC problems. But they too told that Fr Sky Taranis and x8r is sBus-compatible with X4 V2 (different from some Zerouav dealer over here who faced a lot of problems with sBus on x4 V2 and Gemini too). I now switched to standard cabeling - BUT the behavior is easily to be reproduced on ground whenever on some low thr settings either GPS and RTH are triggered or RC connection is interrupted - or if I swich back CH5 from GPS to (no longer existing?) Atti mode.

Waiting for some spare parts to fix the last crash I now did some programmings on Taranis that wont allow the thr to go below critical values. Within houndreds of tests I had to learn, that it makes a difference if Ch5 is switched to mid position coming from manual or from GPS position. So I now do have three differend curves. Manual has the smalles start value, "Atti" a 10% higher start value and GPS en even higher start value. This seams to work somewhat. At the moment I couldnt trigger that "power up to limit, power down imediatelly after" behavior within my testings any more - as long the limits do work.

But the solution descibed only can be an intermediate solution for there are three issues.

First isssue: to unlock the motors Ive to switch flight modes on RC. Whilst in "start" mode the thr curve allows 0%. To enshure this flight mode wont be triggered by error, its only available when thr stick is in lowermost position, if CH5 is in manual and if an additional switch is triggered. So after unlocking the motors, RC switches back to "Standard" Flight mode and raises thr gently to the defined min value related to the CH5 setting. Im only waiting for some windy days when the props rotating at that minimum vaule together with some wind might cooperate... And in emergency situation I do have to make shure that thr stick is down, CH5 is in manual and safety Switch is triggered - and not released within 5 Sec... thats not what an emergency cut of is meant to be - is it?

Second Issue: Especially in GPS mode Im still facing the situation that - independend from RC throttle value - as soon as you once raised the thr stick and brought it down a little, the "real throttle" shown in App goes far below the safe minimum values tested for manual mode. At the moment failsave triggering out of this low "Real thr" situation does work - other than in manual and atti mode. But will this be the reason for the upcoming forth crash?

Third Issue: To keep min values exact what they are set and tested to be safe, Ive to disable any trimming. Otherwise I might slightly go below those settings and "power up and cut away" will be back again. Even after recalibrating Sticks with Zero App Ive to proof the settings wont go below the limits. And even the "vertical max speed" setting of Zero App will affect the min thr values for GPS mode. Quite a bunch of ifs youve to take care about not to cut of the motors during flying any more.

So anyone facing the same problem of "power up and cut motors down" during flight?
Whats your solution in this?

Reg Charly
Charly3 is offline Find More Posts by Charly3
Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:00 AM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
IMU-FIRMWARE- reboot vista

Hello guys,

I will get straight to the point.. Require someone with their PC configured correctly to load firmware
To my YS X4. Have had a issue and need to load new firmware to autopilot.

Have a pc but having real problems trying to get the prolific drivers to work on windows vista. About 1 year ago I managed to get the drivers configured correctly and communicated with the YS using software from zero uav from their website.

Have tried all the workarounds to cut along story short. I may have to send the IMU back to Zero UAV
But if its possible someone is close to Reading Berkshire I can travle no worrys if far away. It would be realy helpful As so I can eliminate if the IMU is faulty. Drop me an mail ssacks8@hotmail.com

All I need to see if your PC and your software can reload some new firmware to my IMU that way I know its an PC configuration issue if it does not work it will have to go back to Zero.

Thanks hope you can help

Or buzz me on 07741274992
jsacky8 is offline Find More Posts by jsacky8