Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:26 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
what is your flite time and what size battery are you running on 7s
3.3mAh pack.
This is just for speed fun run and I set for 3 minutes.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
NEW JERSEY U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Here is more spinners freshly came out from the ovenand delivery tomorrow morning while it still warm.

The F-100 will power by TJ70 6s set up. Hope find enough time to made the plug to lay up ducting for 70mm.

He's not kidding!! Ordered two of them on the 11th and they are here today. Thats coast to coast in no time flat. Thanks Tam !! Very nice service and the spinner is top notch too!!
SKYRYDER1000 is offline Find More Posts by SKYRYDER1000
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYRYDER1000 View Post
He's not kidding!! Ordered two of them on the 11th and they are here today. Thats coast to coast in no time flat. Thanks Tam !! Very nice service and the spinner is top notch too!!
It is still warm to eat...

More of you guys get your spinners today.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:20 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
I don't know anything about EDFs, or about this thread, or about the various participants.

HINT: The thing to do if you see test results that YOU think are questionable, is to conduct an experiment of YOUR OWN, and report any conflicting data, then try to resolve the conflicts in the two sets of data, if any. This is true ESPECIALLY if you are a vendor, and a competitor, not just an interested hobbyist with no financial stake in undermining other people's independent work and contribution.
However, it's clear that its not your process. Pity.
So why come in and comment on what you dont know?
Your second paragraph shows you did not read nor understand anything I was saying 3 pages ago as I was comparing 2 sets of data from the SAME Model.

To be clear, I was not "questioning" the results in the sense they are wrong, I was questioning the point of sucking another 500 watts in a small model for the sake of 1000 odd rpm.
I was questioning the efficiency of the setup...the reason why is because when an individual lectures in public about efficiency for a long time, and chastizes others on the topic, then goes and posts up an innefficient setup like its the norm, its fair for others to question this.

I did not attack anyone, I simply posted their figures that were at odds with each other and asked for the posters opinion.
And I wont be slandered by you or anyone else for asking questions, this is a public forum, you post up data then be prepared to discuss/explain/dispute it.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:21 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,174 Posts
self-censored, after looking up the history of the source.

Folks, do please check the post history of folks before you bother with answering any contentious posts -- you might just find they LIKE to mud wrestle.

I will take my energies in other directions.

Cheers, and remember everyone HAVE FUN! We are playing with toys, after all!

Cool, expensive, somewhat dangerous and complex toys, but at the end of the day.... toys.

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Jun 13, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Oct 2009
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Nice to see the SU-35 doing such fast fly bys. It looks like the 60mm TV unit off nozzle works well with the CS10. At 8 lbs AUW are you coming in the ball park of 1:1? ~1.8kg to get 1:1
Hey Max its just about 1:1, it will hold itself up for a second or two before falling slowly.
Flip Flop is offline Find More Posts by Flip Flop
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Now scratching my head what is the quickly way made this ducting.
Wish Ken still making this kit and that the time invest making nice effecient ducting for his F-100 to run with TJ70.

Barry.....where are you?
I got pizza to work all night.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
Barry is out munching carpet on the job. Best time to get a hold of him is past 11pm.
Super Matt is offline Find More Posts by Super Matt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:22 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,269 Posts
I don't like that idea of cutting a slot into the shaft adaptor! The alloy is 'soft' and by the time you get a slot into it there is not a lot of 'perimeter' left for decent strength.

Far better is to file flats and opposing sides of the shaft to use a shifter on that. I make them about 5mm long (three or four thread passes) and I guess about 1.5mm 'deep' - basically a bit deeper than the depth of the thread groove. It doesn't bother the nut threading past them, and is still 5mm or more away from the nut top once done up.
And this has negligible 'weakening' of the shaft tip, so it will never break (or shear off a side like a slot method can) and you can do up the nut tighter than you ever should need to, without slipping/rounding the shaft ever. It would crack the rotor hub, or strip the nut/thread, before the shaft rounded (which of course you should never get to that level anyway).
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
You only need enough to hold the shaft.
This is 8mm shaft and there is a lot material. There is no structure loss if any with 1/6" slot.
Just something that easy to tight the rotor.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:04 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
I have Tams & ExtremeRC's CS-10 shaft adapters and both work Great & no problem cutting a slot in the end of the Tams adapter but I do like the Hole ExtremeRC puts in their Shaft for tightening!

Just ordered another TJ Spinner with the discount before the Friday cutoff, just got the my first 3 today. Fast shipping & they fit Great!
Thanks Tam So these are Balanced?
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; Jun 13, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:37 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
I have Tams & ExtremeRC's CS-10 shaft adapters and both work Great & no problem cutting a slot in the end of the Tams adapter but I do like the Hole ExtremeRC puts in their Shaft for tightening!

Just ordered another TJ Spinner with the discount before the Friday cutoff, just got the my first 3 today. Fast shipping & they fit Great!
Thanks Tam So these are Balanced?
Put it on and run it.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:42 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Hope get this F-100 fly on sunday.
Got the ducting finish.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:16 AM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
Is it me or did I get called a rug muncher! Lol

Why not though since these days I'm surrounded by ankle biters!

And on the Hun didn't I do a swooped out 90 duct for it? Maybe something could be cut out then just attach a small tube onto? Might hurt transitional a fraction but under 3kw resting mid throttle and top end will be fine. Otherwise I know been lagging a bit lately but hope to be back in full force soon.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:07 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkamarm2000 View Post
Is it me or did I get called a rug muncher! Lol

Why not though since these days I'm surrounded by ankle biters!

And on the Hun didn't I do a swooped out 90 duct for it? Maybe something could be cut out then just attach a small tube onto? Might hurt transitional a fraction but under 3kw resting mid throttle and top end will be fine. Otherwise I know been lagging a bit lately but hope to be back in full force soon.

Barry
When the kids are little older. There be gone and you always had the key to my shop middle of the night making ducting plug.
But you better come back soon...the guy do a lot of talking on RCG telling new guys ducting is not matter. Soon everyone had to fly over power system to compesate without proper ducting.