HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2014, 09:09 AM
United States, NY, Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2003
123 Posts
As for sage advise for you all This is a great hobby in all aspects with tons of choises and new tech every day but first and formost it is a diversion and a source of recreation and if you don't think of it with a smile on your face and when your at the field there should a great sense of pride and joy as your watching and flying your latest whatever it is that you built and are watching soar above and enjoying good conversation and company with others there like yourself then you are doing something very wrong enjoy your hobby join a club so you can help others or you can be helped by senior members to better enjoy a better and safer way to have fun persuing your hobby and enjoying it with others How all these forums should be as well fun is first , later
Falcon26 is offline Find More Posts by Falcon26
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM
Fix it til it's broke
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Mar 2006
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon26 View Post
I love mine there is a lot of info available start slow I don't know what your skill level is but it's better to start a little nose heavy (a little) I fly mine with a 1300 mah - 1800mah 40c - 65c 3cells if you know how go to a full house setup do it if un sure then just start off basic 4 channel setup with aileron rudder mix 30% rud don't worry about the flaps yet you can set them on a switch or a knob to try and get the feel of them start with 30% go from there verify CG and lateral balance
have your maiden and the first few flights on calm sunny days so you can get the feel of the plane (small steps small problems big steps big problems) watch youtube so you can see how others fly theres then go fly yours and have a blast it is a great flying powered glider have fun and enjoy

Thanks for the tips Falcon. I tried setting up for full house, but couldnt wrap my head around the mixes. Ended up going with traditional setup with the flaps assigned to a slider switch for simplicity. I will also try and set up the aileron-rudder mix you suggested.

Tomorrow is the maiden, and will report back.
shane.barton is offline Find More Posts by shane.barton
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon26 View Post
As for sage advise for you all This is a great hobby in all aspects with tons of choises and new tech every day but first and formost it is a diversion and a source of recreation and if you don't think of it with a smile on your face and when your at the field there should a great sense of pride and joy as your watching and flying your latest whatever it is that you built and are watching soar above and enjoying good conversation and company with others there like yourself then you are doing something very wrong enjoy your hobby join a club so you can help others or you can be helped by senior members to better enjoy a better and safer way to have fun persuing your hobby and enjoying it with others How all these forums should be as well fun is first , later
I totally agree, but that is the longest single sentence I have ever read, no punctuation anywhere!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1