Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Apr 20, 2016, 01:01 AM
Find More Posts by Brake Weight
Joined May 2015
947 Posts
Cool
GMade R1 meets Axial

I've newly rediscovered this chassis and had to have one. I ordered just the cage and intend to build it from the ground up. I've got an Axial Honcho and a built scx10 on Wraith axles. One of these will be the parts donor.

Example of R1 stock photo

Cage ordered

One will be the donor but I haven't decided. Regular scx10 axles or the beefier Wraith axles.

One built on scx10 axles

Axial tranny, ESC, Rx/Tx, 90 or 100 shocks, and several motors on hand to choose from. 80t, 55t, 27t, and a 13t. I also have a 2100kv brushless setup ordered for something. Skid will be a custom delrin and likely built aluminum links, all by me. I'm also tossing around some sort of cantilever suspension idea I've ogled on another forum.

Is there anyone in the forums here with one and is there any interest in some sort of build thread. The cage was less than $11 from a Chinese vendor on fleaBay. So the out of pocket costs should be reasonable for me. Maybe a set of ridiculously large tires I spotted that are 150mm tall, IIRC.
Brake Weight is online now Find More Posts by Brake Weight
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2016, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by CWHFSR
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Feb 2009
234 Posts
Just as an FYI, no photos are showing.

I'm always reading even if I don't reply
CWHFSR is offline Find More Posts by CWHFSR
Old Apr 20, 2016, 05:26 PM
Joined May 2015
947 Posts
They should be. They were uploaded with the Tapatalk mobile app since I'm out of my home country and using my iPhone.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by CWHFSR
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Feb 2009
234 Posts
Interesting that they show up on my phone but didn't show up on the computer when I looked at them. You may also want to post an RC crawler forums because they have a lot more viewers than here I believe. Still, not many people are building the R 1s ones anymore, at least not that I have seen lately.
CWHFSR is offline Find More Posts by CWHFSR
Old Apr 20, 2016, 08:05 PM
Joined May 2015
947 Posts
I've noticed the pic issues with various versions of tapatalk the last year or so. Sometimes I can't see pics on my deaktop but can on my phone. And vice versa. Sometimes it's not an issue.

I did get the idea from rccrawler. But their GMade forum is not traveled very often. Just thought I'd post a feeler here to see what's up.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2015
947 Posts
I couldn't find a delrin sheet online the right size and as cheap as wanted. So I've ordered an ax10 skid and Wraith skid. Axial packages so one has a battery tray and the other has servo mounts. $18 for the both and I'll hack the extras for something, too. Found a set of four 2.2 HPI Rock Grabber for $38. That should be the extent of additional purchases.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by monster96
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
GMade R1 meets Axial

I saw these may be of interest for your build Gmade G-Air System 2.2" Tires (All In One Box)

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmade-g...all-in-one-box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monster96 is offline Find More Posts by monster96
Last edited by monster96; Jun 11, 2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by Betts818
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2015
198 Posts
Only down side of the air filled tires are(and I speak from experiace) one shrarp stick will ruin your day of fun. Yes deflating and inflating for terrain is amazing but......one hole and there goes your day....seems like a reason almost all tires are still running foams and not air filled. But that my .02 and others may love them!!
Betts818 is offline Find More Posts by Betts818
Last edited by Betts818; Jun 16, 2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 01:28 AM
Joined May 2015
947 Posts
The Gmade wheels are out of my budget for this build. I did splurge and order some Deuces Wild foams I hope will do the trick.