Old Jan 15, 2015, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by Ltomi78
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
Discussion
CS-1 Ultralight 95g gimbal for action cams like mobius***Support Thread***

Hi!
Let me introduce you my new designed gimbal for small action cameras , e.g for mobius.

NEW direct sales contact, please visit at our webshop: http://coptercentre.co.uk/

purchase link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-ligh.../291375063458?

HI !
Let me give you a quick overlook to our new upgraded version of CS-1. 5% Sales discount on www.coptercentre.co.uk will be start from end of this week

http://coptercentre.co.uk/ultra-light-cs-1-v2-cnc-gimbal-for-mobius.html

I made some photos of the RTF version and will show also the upgrades.

5 major things were redesign and upgrade on the gimbal:

1. New BGC 3.3 board 2.40b7 FW with stable L78M05 volatage stabiliser and some extra feautre like Buzzer for audio feedback and voltage mesurement function
2.Wider bend on main frame to make it rigid
3. Shortened Roll to Pitch L shape arm decrares vibration.
4. One rail mount on Roll to Pitch arm and on the camera holder plate for easy adjustment on the front of the motors
5. new mounting holes for normal size controller at the bottom of the main frame.
(To provide to biggest free space for mobius movement with FPV cables we ship the gimbal with back mounted board but you have option to use also mini controller or similar 50x50 size normal controlle at bottom or back mounted)

The main goals during the design of the brand new CS-1 were to create a gimbal that is lighter than any existing one to extend flight time, yet remains rigid and retains the flexibility of mounting options as well as the compatibility with the most popular multicopter brands (and gimbal controllers) and a variety of cameras, too. In order to achieve these targets, unique, ultra-light frame, mini gimbal controller and special 18 g micro motors have been built and tested in various different setups.

The gimbal has been designed for Mobius cameras but any similar size action cams can be mounted on it, such as Innovv, Topcam or the 808 keychain camera

TEST VIDEOS:

upside motion:
Mobius gimbal upside down operation (1 min 58 sec)

test with a gopro:
CS-1 mobius gimbal & GOPRO! (1 min 0 sec)

in flight frame and motors:

Gimbal test 3 mobius (4 min 56 sec)

Mobius cnc gimbal test vibration maiden (4 min 34 sec)

ultralight, RTF weighs only 95g (without camera)
-can be used up side down operations (180 degree mounting)
-strong CNC aluminum frame
-adjustable frame arms
-adjustable mounting plate with variable sensor mounting platforms
-RC pitch (camera tilt) and roll control
-BGC 3.5 mini alexmos controller (with 2.2b Fimrware)
-simple setup using SimpleBGC GUI software
-pre-calibrated plug&play configuration for different camera setups (e.g mobius with or without mounting bracket, lens normal A or B wide)
-multi compatibility for mounting your own mini or normal size (50x50mm) gimbal controllers

Frame spec: 43g
Size: 75X75X85 mm
Weight: 95g (including all electronics, excluding camera)
Ground clearance with mounting screw : 85mm
Ground clearance without using mounting screw (with mobius stock mounting bracket): 80mm

Motor spec GBM-1806:
Poles: 12N14P
KV(RPM/V): 80
Resistance: 18omh
Weight: 18g
Wire: 0.17mm
Bottom holes center to center: 12mm and 16mm
Top holes center to center: 9mm
Mounting screw size: M2

Controller spec:

8-bit version of the SimpleBGC gimbal controller
- 2-axis BGC V3.5
- Built-in sensor and USB port
- DVR8313 motor driver
- 2.5-A peak or 1.75-A rms output current per channel
- Driving current: 1.75A max

- power connector: balance plug (for direct connect of 3s lipo battery)
Ltomi78 is offline Find More Posts by Ltomi78
Last edited by Ltomi78; Sep 11, 2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: New V2 version of CS-1 released
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2015, 03:03 AM
Find More Posts by rcminiman
Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
2,802 Posts
Looking good there, well done.
This is the next "big" thing. Pardon the pun!
Tiny gimbals for smaller cameras will make a big impact on smaller multis and planes, and allow shots that werent possible before on larger craft. I can now have a small quad with gimbal fitted in the car with me on family travels for instance. Take it in your suitcase even and get fantastic holiday shots. I can't wait for summer!
rcminiman is offline Find More Posts by rcminiman
Old Jan 16, 2015, 04:43 AM
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
Agree, and wish you a good flight, I also wait for summer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcminiman View Post
Looking good there, well done.
This is the next "big" thing. Pardon the pun!
Tiny gimbals for smaller cameras will make a big impact on smaller multis and planes, and allow shots that werent possible before on larger craft. I can now have a small quad with gimbal fitted in the car with me on family travels for instance. Take it in your suitcase even and get fantastic holiday shots. I can't wait for summer!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 04:56 AM
Find More Posts by renatoa
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
19,541 Posts
Where I can buy one? Price ?
Are you the same guys selling the 1806 motor on ebay uk ?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 16, 2015, 05:29 AM
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
Where I can buy one? Price ?
Are you the same guys selling the 1806 motor on ebay uk ?
Hi!
Yes same guys I am in the development team.

The RTF version and ARF version are avilable here. Now you can place preorder as we sold the first stock.
The motors will be on stock tommorrow , and a few silver version RTF and ARF gimbal will be also in stock during this weekend.

You can follow the official information about stock on the product pages in our store: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/coptercentreuk/

RTF: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-ligh.../291375063458?
ARF: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-ligh...e=STRK:MESE:IT

We can provide 5 GBP discount for RTF version if you contact us directly. So in case of discount NOT make bid on Ebay, first write us to me and also to sales@coptercentre.co.uk and we will send you money request to your paypal account.
Last edited by Ltomi78; Feb 06, 2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by stefannn
Austria
Joined Nov 2008
64 Posts
Hello,

I just ordered a RTF version and I am really looking forward to it.

One question though:
I understand that the gimbal comes with the 8-bit version of the SimpleBGC gimbal controller. Would you also install the (tiny) 32 bit version if I paid for the upgrade?

If you didn't I would do the swap to the 32 bit version myself. In this case, could I use the params file of the 8-bit controller for the 32-bit board?

Cheers,

Stefan
stefannn is offline Find More Posts by stefannn
Old Jan 16, 2015, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefannn View Post
Hello,

I just ordered a RTF version and I am really looking forward to it.

One question though:
I understand that the gimbal comes with the 8-bit version of the SimpleBGC gimbal controller. Would you also install the (tiny) 32 bit version if I paid for the upgrade?

If you didn't I would do the swap to the 32 bit version myself. In this case, could I use the params file of the 8-bit controller for the 32-bit board?

Cheers,

Stefan
Hi!
Thanks for your order first of all.
Yes the gimbal comes wiht 8bit BGC 3.5 mini alexmos controller with 2.2 nulled firmware (no upgradable!)
We have made 2 differenet setup config file for alexmos 2.2 GUI, for 8bit version controllers (also for minis, and 50x50 size they works) in case of different sensor mountin options (side, or back)

Sorry we do not have stock yet 32 bit controllers. The PID settings may work on the 32 bit version but we did not have tested it so I cannot guarantee to proper operation.
Later we will test other controllers and will post here.
We are working now on front mount adatpers for cs-1
Last edited by Ltomi78; Jan 16, 2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 07:09 AM
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
CS-1 gimbal & motors changes , imporved firmware for controller

For Your Information:

The manufacturer has changed some of the physical parameters of the motor in the new shipment based on our tests and customer feedback, such as:
- higher bottom part of the housing for better cooling and safer locking options of screw (total length is 19mm instead of 15.5mm)
-longer cable for more flexible mounting options (19cm instead of previous 12cm)

These changes result in a slight weight increase of 2g, taking the total weight to 20g.

We also provide longer and shorter M2 screws with new motor now for different DIY mounting options based on previous customer feedbacks.

Effect on our gimbal.
These changes result in a slight weight increase of 5g of CS-1 gimbal, taking the total weight to 100g. This, however has no impact on the usability of the gimbal thanks to adjustable arms and mounting the camera can be pefectly balanced.
Another improvement is that the BGC 3.5 mini alexmos controller shipped with the gimbal has now the latest version (2.40b7) firmware which offers a wider range of settings and improved operations.
As the above parameters were different in the description, we will send informatin mail to those new customers who make preorder after 8th january.

So everybody who will got the new version of the gimbal will be notified and option to agree or not with the order.

Thank you in advance,
Last edited by Ltomi78; Jan 22, 2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 04:19 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
2,802 Posts
I'm hoping to be using a 32 bit board soon. Its the OllieW board? Storm 32 or something like that.
My results with a very basic older 8 bit board are already far better than I had obtained before using other larger and heavier gimbal motors. The motors work brilliantly, even before these modifications. (which will obviously make them better!)

Today I added the video out from the Mobius to a remote camera switcher so I can frame the Mobius shots better, yet still use my "eyes" camera to fly the quad using goggles. Just a switch on the TX changes it over instantly.
Its just a pity the weather has been so poor here, or a constant stream of videos would be appearing!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 04:54 PM
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
CS-1 mobius gimbal on FX61 flying wing

Just to test some new directions

CS-1 mobius gimbal on FX61 flying wing:
CS-1 mobius gimbal on FX61 flying wing (0 min 34 sec)

Mobius gimbal on fx61 Phantom (1 min 20 sec)
Last edited by Ltomi78; Jan 18, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by renatoa
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
19,541 Posts
Too much drag, imo
I would mount it a bit different, the base inside canopy, and keep outside the camera and motors only, as front as possible.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:15 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
2,802 Posts
What rubber balls do you specify? Im getting some jello on some shots today.
Everything is balanced perfectly as far as I know. I feel the rubber balls are moving too much if that sounds right?
There seems to be a lateral "bounce" in the rubbers.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:11 AM
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
What rubber balls do you specify? Im getting some jello on some shots today.
Everything is balanced perfectly as far as I know. I feel the rubber balls are moving too much if that sounds right?
There seems to be a lateral "bounce" in the rubbers.
Between 60-80g per balls
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:50 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
2,802 Posts
Thanks.
Im getting some jello on mine, but its only on windy days or when Im at full throttle. On calm days its fine.
Its getting frustrating, theres only so many times I can balance a motor and prop and have the same results.....
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:10 PM
Joined May 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.
Im getting some jello on mine, but its only on windy days or when Im at full throttle. On calm days its fine.
Its getting frustrating, theres only so many times I can balance a motor and prop and have the same results.....
When I use magnetic balancer i could eleminate 95% of my jellos. I also use rubber rings to mount gimbal holder tubes ..so its provide double jello filter.
like this:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/3...font-Mount.jpg