HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2013, 08:22 AM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
433 Posts
Why not add another contest to the circuit for Triple Tree next year if the site is available? It certainly sounds like you would get enough people.

Randy
burke757 is online now Find More Posts by burke757
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2013, 07:42 PM
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined Oct 2002
728 Posts
I love Triple Tree....Its grass and trees just like other places

Okay so we had a good time there, we've had good times in Huntsville, Tullahoma and other places too.

If you want awesome how come you haven't attended Visalia, or Phoenix, or the TNT which was held at Southfork Ranch, and this past TNT at an even nicer location?

Heck the ESL has had a bunch of contests at some pretty nice places this past year many of you have not attended.

Louisville had two MidSouth events, one at a state park and one at a county park, both had bigger attendance than Triple Tree I think.

Triple tree has a nice grass runway, equal to a golf course green, (not an exaggeration) into which many of the pilots poked holes, left divots and drove home. The food was pretty good :-).

Credit really goes to Jeff not to the site for a 'great' experience. He worked tirelessly to insure we had an experience worth the investment.

At this point in the hobby, we are lucky...yes lucky to have any venue to hold a TD contest. As you have heard, TN is off the books for a winch contest....that's gonna hurt. Kentucky is short on pilots, as are many of the states.

To my knowledge Ed is leaning toward us holding this coming year's Mid-South. That will mean club funds fronted for winch line, batteries, winch and turnaround re-furbs.

Where ever the next event is scheduled, my advice is get behind it 110%....It will be as good we (each of us attending) make it. The idea of the MidSouth is to get pilots to travel to new places, to support sailplane clubs spread around a region.

Ed has looked at a new venue that seems promising. While he's had some health challenges, we'll be meeting about it all in January.

Gordy ;-)
Gordysoar is offline Find More Posts by Gordysoar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Check out my YouTube Channel